As anyone else ever heard the story.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

As anyone else ever heard the story.....

I saw a story a couple of months ago on TV about John. This talk about Preston takin over as the long snapper just reminded me of the story. I dont know all the details, but i know this is true and if anyone else knows anything chime in. I guess when John was really young, his father murdered his mother. I think his dad was abusive or something or had mental problems (probably both), but John had to live with this. His mother being takin away, and then he had to deal with hating his only other living parent. He has overcome a lot to be where he is today. I hope he stays a Buffalo Bill.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: As anyone else ever heard the story.....

I like him too, but if he's going to keep a spot, he should be able to do something besides long snap. Even if it's just running down or blocking on kickoffs.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Jon Dorenbos

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
        I like him too, but if he's going to keep a spot, he should be able to do something besides long snap. Even if it's just running down or blocking on kickoffs.
        He has been a fairly good tackler for Bills on special teams laying the wood on a return guy a couple of times. I do not know if Bills can afford luxury of keeping this year since they need to leave spot open for broken "Speedy Gonzales" but he has done a good job for Bills. When Bills lost Ethan Albright their kicking game went down hill immediately.

Comment

• pleasesavedrew
          • Feb 2005

John seems like a really cool guy. I saw him do magic in person and he was really good.
          Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

Originally posted by pleasesavedrew
            John seems like a really cool guy. I saw him do magic in person and he was really good.
            Yeah the show on him said he got into magic after the murder kinda as an escape from everything. They showed some of his tricks, he did some David Blane type s***, it was crazy...

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jan 2004

In August 1992, Alan Dorenbos beat his wife, Kathleen, to death after an argument in the garage of the family's Seattle-area home. Jon was the youngest of the couple's three children.

When Alan Dorenbos was convicted of second-degree murder and received a 13 1/2-year prison sentence, Jon in essence lost both his mother and his father. Combined with the care and support of his mother's family, professional therapy and the escape that both magic and sports provided him, Dorenbos survived and prospered.

this is why I like him so much a part of me feels sorry for him I know that he's making good 's but how would you feel if you lost your mom and dad that's why I want him on this team + he's a great magician by the way he was only 12 yrs. old when this took place
              Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 08-28-2005, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

nice find....

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Duke did the long snapping Friday.

Comment

• Historian
                    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                    • Dec 2002

You should see him do the trick where he swallows about 25 sewing needles.

Too cool.

Comment

Working...
                    X