PDA

View Full Version : Corey Simon now a free agent

billsburgh
08-28-2005, 08:15 PM
as per espnews. anyone think the Bills will go after him now after all the rumors a while back?

The_Philster
08-28-2005, 08:18 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/NFLNews.jsp?id=4524

Novacane
08-28-2005, 08:25 PM
He's gonna cost an arm and a leg. I'd rather they sign Nate

FlyingDutchman
08-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Id like to see Clements signed first over anyone. If some how we have the money to get Simon, then why not, but I doubt we will make a move for him though.

Typ0
08-28-2005, 08:30 PM
He's gonna cost an arm and a leg. I'd rather they sign Nate

I'd love to see him come to this defense.

Typ0
08-28-2005, 08:32 PM
Id like to see Clements signed first over anyone. If some how we have the money to get Simon, then why not, but I doubt we will make a move for him though.

it might be possible if we let Moulds go after the season...

Novacane
08-28-2005, 08:35 PM
I'd love to see him come to this defense.

so would I if they can afford him. I'd just rather have Clements if they can only afford 1

ArcticWildMan
08-28-2005, 08:38 PM
so would I if they can afford him. I'd just rather have Clements if they can only afford 1

New England showed last year that you don't need a pro-bowl CB to have a good secondary.

I'd take Simon over Nate any day. Don't get me wrong, I think Nate is one hell of a CB but is he worth breaking the bank over? Simon would be more of an instant impact player IMO.

The_Philster
08-28-2005, 08:40 PM
I'd rather keep nate around but not at the cost of something that may put us over the top...besides, we have T-Mac at the opposite corner and if Jabari Greer keeps improving, Nate could be more expendable

L.A. Playa
08-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Eagles removed franchise tag per ESPN News

Turf
08-28-2005, 08:59 PM
What we really need is an DE. I don't see how tieing up that much money in a DT is going to help us.

The_Philster
08-28-2005, 08:59 PM
I heard that rumor somewhere... http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=78970 ;)

L.A. Playa
08-28-2005, 09:00 PM
delete me

casdhf
08-28-2005, 09:01 PM
We wish :rolleyes:

:jk:

wchutalkinboutwillis
08-28-2005, 10:10 PM
This is ridiculous. Have Edwards and Anderson performed so badly that we need to pursue this money hungry clown from Philly? Sure, he'll land somewhere with a fat contract but the Bills DO NOT need this guy. Remember how excited everyone was about Reshard Lee? Well, now he's gone. Simply because there was solid depth at the position. Just like there's depth at DT AND CB. As much as it kills me to say this, if I were TD, I would say goodbye to Nate Clements. No player is worth the kind of money that Nate will command. Nate will probably have a great pro-bowl season this year, but his eye is on the $$$, not the playoffs. He'll play for whoever offers the most dough. New Orleans, Miami, San Fran. Doesn't matter how bad the team is because he'll be able to say that he's the highest paid CB in the league. And in the end, being the top money dog is all matters to most of the players in the NFL. Of course, we can go ahead and franchise him but look what that did for Corey Simon and the Eagles. McGee goes to #1. Greer, Thomas, King, and a day one pick vie for the #2 spot. Nothing but a vicious cycle.

jpdex12
08-28-2005, 10:21 PM
This is ridiculous. Have Edwards and Anderson performed so badly that we need to pursue this money hungry clown from Philly? Sure, he'll land somewhere with a fat contract but the Bills DO NOT need this guy. Remember how excited everyone was about Reshard Lee? Well, now he's gone. Simply because there was solid depth at the position. Just like there's depth at DT AND CB. As much as it kills me to say this, if I were TD, I would say goodbye to Nate Clements. No player is worth the kind of money that Nate will command. Nate will probably have a great pro-bowl season this year, but his eye is on the $$$, not the playoffs. He'll play for whoever offers the most dough. New Orleans, Miami, San Fran. Doesn't matter how bad the team is because he'll be able to say that he's the highest paid CB in the league. And in the end, being the top money dog is all matters to most of the players in the NFL. Of course, we can go ahead and franchise him but look what that did for Corey Simon and the Eagles. McGee goes to #1. Greer, Thomas, King, and a day one pick vie for the #2 spot. Nothing but a vicious cycle.
Well put!

Throne Logic
08-28-2005, 11:56 PM
I'm sorry, but I cannot see Greer in a starting role. I'm not even all that comfortable with TM yet, although I feel he will be a good one as he becomes more consistent.

I don't necessarily like the overpaying Nate, it just that I am not comfortable with the idea of TM and Greer as our starting CB's.

Jan Reimers
08-29-2005, 07:05 AM
Forget Simon. We don't need him, and some team with a lot more cap room will grab him anyway.

The Spaz
08-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Wether we get Simon or not this year we will need another DT soon isn't Sam Adams a FA soon as well as Edwards?

X-Era
08-29-2005, 07:16 AM
as per espnews. anyone think the Bills will go after him now after all the rumors a while back?
If we truly sit at 3 mil under right now, I see no reason Clements cant be locked up long term and actually REDUCE or hit in 2004 and 2005. That extra cash could get you a Simon if he'd be willing to backload and have a low cap hit in 04 and 05.

Id love the move, Adams isnt getting younger and we have some tough runners in the AFC east

The_Philster
08-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Wether we get Simon or not this year we will need another DT soon isn't Sam Adams a FA soon as well as Edwards?Edwards yes...Adams, no

eee1776
08-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Like Donahoe once said..."if we really liked a player and we thought that he could help the team then we would find the money for that person." Now lets see if they really like Simon or not ,and if they feel that we really need him.

JefftheBillsfan
08-29-2005, 08:37 PM
anyone else think simon is very very over-rated? he can get after a qb and get into the backfield, but as far as keeping blockers off our LBs...

upgrade? hell yeah
break the bank for it? not a chance IMO

BADTHINGSMAN
08-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Bills already put enough pressure on a QB now.. Any CB that Bills plug in will look great when the opposing QB is running for his life or pressured to make that perfect throw.. Id like to give Edwards a shot and bring in anderson for a better look.. Id like to see another solid RB just incase.. Gates looks fine against other teams 2nd and 3rd strings, hasnt played much if any against starting defenses..

colin
08-30-2005, 07:07 AM
simon could put us over the top this year as the best D ever, that might be worth having to let someone (perhaps moulds) go.

Adams will be gone in a couple years (altho i'd like him to retire as a bill, he is not going to play forever), so having simon under contract would be a good thing long term.

i don't think we let nate go unless we have no other choice (i.e. he won't sign), don't be affraid of having great players on your team.

people talk about the pats as if they have scrubs all over the place, ty law might be gone, but this is a team that had 4 top flight LBs and went out and inked Rosy colvin to a 30 buck contract. the pats are not affraid of building on strength and we shouldn't be either.

if the price is right, we sign simon.

osos
08-30-2005, 08:44 AM
I think he is way to expensive for us, obviously I loved to have one of the best defense ever, but i really think that Edwards & Anderson will be ok at this point.

osos
08-30-2005, 09:05 AM
but we could sign some else that could be interesting out there from all the cuts

mysticsoto
08-30-2005, 09:11 AM
but we could sign some else that could be interesting out there from all the cuts
The 1st round of cuts are usually the very crappy or "green" players. It's the 2nd round of cuts that we would want to look at...just in case...

Ed
08-30-2005, 09:48 AM
Well according to the Miami Herald, the Bills are one of 5 teams that contacted the agent for Corey Simon on monday. The other teams are Miami, Baltimore, Seattle, and Indy.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/12511344.htm

osos
08-30-2005, 09:59 AM
The 1st round of cuts are usually the very crappy or "green" players. It's the 2nd round of cuts that we would want to look at...just in case...

is there any rumors of players for those cuts ????

Typ0
08-30-2005, 10:01 AM
if we're going to go after him...be aggressive and get his ass on the field now!!!

Jan Reimers
08-30-2005, 10:05 AM
if we're going to go after him...be aggressive and get his ass on the field now!!!
I agree. He hasn't been playing and will probably be virtually useless for several games.

osos
08-30-2005, 10:05 AM

it is not worth the trouble it to way expensive for us
I just hope that Miami doesn´t land this guy, or we are going to face him twice a year .........

osos
08-30-2005, 11:26 AM
just imagine to face him twice in a season