• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

If I was Saban...I'd bring in Rohan Davey

I'd be trying to see if I can get Rohan Davey to come in and test him out. He was a decent backup QB for Patriots and has been in the league for a few years now. Considering the sorry cast the Dolphins currently have, he would probably be a huge improvement even if he just makes backup - until he comes to terms with the style of offense they want to implement. I'd atleast sign him and give him a try:

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: If I was Saban...I'd bring in Rohan Davey

Davey blows. I have never seen him make an accurate throw. He is constantly over throwing and under throwing guys. I wouldnt even bring him in as 3rd string.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
      • Jul 2003

Davey had good size, a strong arm and very good leadership skills.

The problem he has is he isn't very accurate and has a long, slow release (of the football).

He needs to be in a certain kind of offensive system, one that allows him time to stand in the pocket and sling the ball deep a lot. He is big and can stand in there against the rush, but he will suck in any WCO-style system that calls for a high completion % and getting the ball out quickly.

Comment

• feelthepain
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
        I'd be trying to see if I can get Rohan Davey to come in and test him out. He was a decent backup QB for Patriots and has been in the league for a few years now. Considering the sorry cast the Dolphins currently have, he would probably be a huge improvement even if he just makes backup - until he comes to terms with the style of offense they want to implement. I'd atleast sign him and give him a try:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/NE/8783318
        Maybe the Bills should try him out, they need help at QB too!

Comment

• Crisis
          • Aug 2004

Davey is a fat pig. He makes Jamie Nails look like Lindsay Lohan.
          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
          Vanek is Austrian not European
          Originally posted by Prov401
          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
          Originally posted by better days
          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
            what are you talking about? We have a young starter with a lot of potential and two proven backups. I can think of several teams in far worse shape than we are- MIAMI, Dallas, Washington, Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland and Arizona come immediately to mind.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Once again, a dumb, unintelligent post from FeelTheShame...You might be crying for Rohan once the season start and your pathetic QBs are stinking up the place. Just make sure you disappear like you do whenever the Dolphins look horrendous (that'll mean every week!).

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
                NJ In The House
                • Nov 2004

The thing that I keep reading is Davey is a Saban boy! That may be so, but Linehan runs the offense, is he a Linehan guy?? If yes, then bring him in for a look, if no, we already have 4 backup QB"s!

Does Linehan see him as a Culpepper type (NOt as good) player? Then he may look at him. I just don't see how he helps us right now, we are stuck with what we have at QB for the time being.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Static
                  The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
                  • Jul 2005

We have enough backups..........

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    what are you talking about? We have a young starter with a lot of potential and two proven backups. I can think of several teams in far worse shape than we are- MIAMI, Dallas, Washington, Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland and Arizona come immediately to mind.
                    Op, are you trying to be reasonable, logical and rational with FeelTheShame? Out of all the posters on this board her and Philosophical Troll contribute absolutely nothing intelligent in their posts. PT was apparently banned, but FeelTheShame insists on remaining. I guess she is lonely.

It'll be my pleasure to rub it in, however, when we beat the Dolphins in week 5 sending them to 0-5 on their way for having the 1st pick in 2006...

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

if that happens.

the fins will have qb's who couldn't beat out, Culppeper (undestandable) , Detmer, and a rookie Cassel.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Once again, a dumb, unintelligent post from FeelTheShame...You might be crying for Rohan once the season start and your pathetic QBs are stinking up the place. Just make sure you disappear like you do whenever the Dolphins look horrendous (that'll mean every week!).
                        So just because your stupid GM gave up a 1st rd pick for JP you think it's a fact he will be your future?? Wow, amazing how bias you really are. Right now, your QB is in no better shape then your 3rd string QB just because he was given the job and didn't have to do anything to earn it you think that makes him better??? You are really showing your lack of football knowledge, just because you want to believe something. But that is what you always do, you and the rest of the ridiculous posters here. JP has done nothing at any point in his very short undistiinguished carrer to prove anything and he's better... why,because you say so??? Yeah, you have a leg to stand on.

At least AJ and Gus have been starters in this league, far more then you can say about JP. Gus has a probowl, how many do your QB's have??? But you keep spewing this garb about how much better your QB is???Where's the proof???? WHERE????? You should shut your piehole till you have some stats to back up your huge uneducated mouth!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

At least AJ and Gus have been starters in this league, far more then you can say about JP. Gus has a probowl, how many do your QB's have??? But you keep spewing this garb about how much better your QB is???Where's the proof???? WHERE????? You should shut your piehole till you have some stats to back up your huge uneducated mouth!!
                          and what has Gus' being a probowl years ago and Aj's being the worst starter done for your team? Nothing.
                          Drew was a probowler when he was with the Pats and all I care about is what he did for the bills which was pretty much nothing.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

So just because your stupid GM gave up a 1st rd pick for JP you think it's a fact he will be your future?? Wow, amazing how bias you really are. Right now, your QB is in no better shape then your 3rd string QB just because he was given the job and didn't have to do anything to earn it you think that makes him better??? You are really showing your lack of football knowledge, just because you want to believe something. But that is what you always do, you and the rest of the ridiculous posters here. JP has done nothing at any point in his very short undistiinguished carrer to prove anything and he's better... why,because you say so??? Yeah, you have a leg to stand on.

The last resort of the uneducated...scream...scream and hope that the screaming hides his lack of knowledge. You've already shown you know very little of football. Even other fin fans frequently disagree with your ludicrous statements and views. As always, you will remain the Billszone Jester.

Isn't it sad that our QB who has so little experience in actual game play and yet is still better than either of your QBs who supposedly have years of experience. And no, that is not just my word, but the words of Sam Wyche who compares JP to Brett Favre in his mechanics. Believe me, nobody is comparing Gus or Feeley to Favre. Feeley might get some comparisons to Ryan Leaf soon.

And isn't it funny that Feeley has been in the NFL for so many years and looks worse than a rookie out there. I know, I know...it's a new offense and Feeley still hasn't adapted to it. How come Kelly Holcomb doesn't look as lost as Feeley - it's a new offense for him too. The answer is very simple. You tried to make a career 3rd stringer into a starter and it has backfired terribly. And to save face, your team is trying their hardest to get him to move up. But as some people mentioned here awhile back, you just can't make chicken salad from chicken sh**.

Just take your pill and go to bed. You're in for a long season of crying so you better stock up on your anti-depressants...

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                              Davey had good size, a strong arm and very good leadership skills.

The problem he has is he isn't very accurate and has a long, slow release (of the football).

He needs to be in a certain kind of offensive system, one that allows him time to stand in the pocket and sling the ball deep a lot. He is big and can stand in there against the rush, but he will suck in any WCO-style system that calls for a high completion % and getting the ball out quickly.
                              Sounds like he should sign with Dallas.
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X