PDA

View Full Version : AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT REALISES ITS PRESEASON?

Crisis
08-29-2005, 03:01 PM
The sky is falling!

OpIv37
08-29-2005, 03:12 PM
oh man here we go again... look, a lot of problems were evident against Chicago- I won't waste my time listing them again. You can't tell me you would have been happy with that performance in a regular season game. Some of those problems will go away once the real game starts- ie Kyle Orton and the Bears' starters wouldn't have had the opportunity to torch our 2nd-team D. But it takes a lot of work to overcome some of the problems that manifested themselves on Friday, and there isn't a lot of time left.

Yeah, JP and Ron Edwards will develop, and our team will become more disciplined in the areas of turnovers and penalties. But will they do it in time to avoid a slow start to the season? I doubt it.

OpIv37
08-29-2005, 03:13 PM
or, to put it another way: We CLEARLY had some problems on Friday night. What's gonna make all those problems go away in the next 13 days?

SABURZFAN
08-29-2005, 03:15 PM
damn losman..... :mad:

:snicker:

NJFINSFAN1
08-29-2005, 03:18 PM
oh man here we go again... look, a lot of problems were evident against Chicago- I won't waste my time listing them again. You can't tell me you would have been happy with that performance in a regular season game. Some of those problems will go away once the real game starts- ie Kyle Orton and the Bears' starters wouldn't have had the opportunity to torch our 2nd-team D. But it takes a lot of work to overcome some of the problems that manifested themselves on Friday, and there isn't a lot of time left.

Yeah, JP and Ron Edwards will develop, and our team will become more disciplined in the areas of turnovers and penalties. But will they do it in time to avoid a slow start to the season? I doubt it.
I have to agree with you 100%, yes things can be fixed but how fast. On the Fins site I hear everyone talking its only preseason, but what's the old saying? You Play like you practice?

Your Key will be Losman's play.

PS

Orton would look real nice in Aqua and Coral right now!!!!:crap:

Jan Reimers
08-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Don't you think most of our competitors have problems, too? Look at our opening day opponents, the Texans, or division rivals Dolphins and Jets.

Very few teams appear ready. Our problems are not critical or insurmountable, and are due in large part to new or inexperienced offensive players. Some of our shortcomings will get better by opening day, while others might take half a season. Our D and special teams will in all probability have to play very well in the early games, while our O develops.

mysticsoto
08-29-2005, 03:33 PM
I have to agree with you 100%, yes things can be fixed but how fast. On the Fins site I hear everyone talking its only preseason, but what's the old saying? You Play like you practice?

Your Key will be Losman's play.

PS

Orton would look real nice in Aqua and Coral right now!!!!:crap:
Actually, I disagree with you. I think the key is the Oline. While the Oline protected Losman decently against the Bears, they did very little in opening holes for McGahee. Many blocks were missed by linemen AND TEs and even WRs. Teague cannot come out to trap and then let Urlacher go by him expecting Urlacher to try and push him back and instead, Urlacher runs around him to get to McGahee. Those blocks need to count. Otherwise, giving JP 3 and long is putting him into a losing scenario that is not entirely his fault.

I really think you guys should consider Rohan Davey - even as a backup...he will make 3rd string easily, and I guess he would even beat out Feeley for 2nd string...

justasportsfan
08-29-2005, 03:34 PM

Yeah, JP and Ron Edwards will develop, and our team will become more disciplined in the areas of turnovers and penalties. But will they do it in time to avoid a slow start to the season? I doubt it.you must be one of those who thought we wouldn't go to the sb 4 times when Marv kept losing one prseason game after another.

NJFINSFAN1
08-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Actually, I disagree with you. I think the key is the Oline. While the Oline protected Losman decently against the Bears, they did very little in opening holes for McGahee. Many blocks were missed by linemen AND TEs and even WRs. Teague cannot come out to trap and then let Urlacher go by him expecting Urlacher to try and push him back and instead, Urlacher runs around him to get to McGahee. Those blocks need to count. Otherwise, giving JP 3 and long is putting him into a losing scenario that is not entirely his fault.

I really think you guys should consider Rohan Davey - even as a backup...he will make 3rd string easily, and I guess he would even beat out Feeley for 2nd string...
I see your point, but Losman still need to let say not lose games for you guys to make the playoffs.

I said this in another post, I keep seeing the Davey is a Saban guy (LSU), which is true, but Linehan runs the offense, so my question is, does he fit Linehan's offense. Does Linehan see him as a Culpperer type player (Not trying to compare the two's play, just style)? If so, give him a look. If not, we already have 4 backup QB's. I'm afraid we are stuck with what we got for the time being.

BAM
08-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Here you go, Op.

http://www.reillydairy.com/pics/natural_cheese.jpg

justasportsfan
08-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I see your point, but Losman still need to let say not lose games for you guys to make the playoffs.

I said this in another post, I keep seeing the Davey is a Saban guy (LSU), which is true, but Linehan runs the offense, so my question is, does he fit Linehan's offense. Does Linehan see him as a Culpperer type player (Not trying to compare the two's play, just style)? If so, give him a look. If not, we already have 4 backup QB's. I'm afraid we are stuck with what we got for the time being.It may be Linehans O but Saban knows Davey's abilities. If Saban thinks Davey is capable of running linehans O, he will be brought in.

Philagape
08-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Preseason football is sandlot football. It's Madden football. That's about how much relevance it has.

Crisis
08-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Pats were 1-3 in preseason last year, they got blown out against the Bengals.

OpIv37
08-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Preseason football is sandlot football. It's Madden football. That's about how much relevance it has.

I disagree. Fin fans have been complaining that Feely's missed a lot of passes in preseason. Do you think he'll suddenly start making them once the season starts? I've seen our O-line whiff on a few blocks- what makes you think they will magically get better once the season starts? SOME things will improve- I'm sure we'll have a better offensive game plan and our blitzes on D will be less reckless, but I fail to see how players are suddenly better or more disciplined once the games count.

PatsowntheNFL
08-29-2005, 05:51 PM
buffalo has not looked good at all in the preseason, i heard that lessman was lookin horrid against the bears...lol the bears what a juggernaut! looks like its going to be antoher long year in western ny, so sad what this buffalo franchise has become.