X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MTBillsFan
    • May 2003

Franchise Clements?

If we can't sign Clements, Do you think TD will do what he did with Peerless? OR actually use the tag to keep him around? Just wondering...

GO BILLS

"i gotta feeling, Buffalo going to the super bowl"
    Send me some wings!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Franchise Clements?

probably depends on the cap hit- if we can't afford it, he'll do what we did with Price. I don't plan on having Clements here next year.

Oh and don't be surprised if McGahee holds out- I hope we can sign Clements without using the franchise tag so we can save it for Willis.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I think we tag him and either trade him or keep him tagged, I think he stays a bill one way or another
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I think he's gone, bc I like Op forsee Willis holding out next season bc I expect him to have another big year, and he'll want a new deal
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MTBillsFan
          If we can't sign Clements, Do you think TD will do what he did with Peerless? OR actually use the tag to keep him around? Just wondering...

GO BILLS

"i gotta feeling, Buffalo going to the super bowl"
          its something like 8 mil in cap hit, so no friggin way. We need to save that type of money for Mike Williams...UGGGHH

Trade? maybe but why the hell not keep him. This is an EXTREMELY important position and its so VERY hard to get a good one.

I say sign him LONG and keep his cap hit low early then renegotiate when we can.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

There's no way Donahoe will let him walk for free. You find the cap space to get under the cap to franchise him if needed.

I really hope we keep him around. He is one of them blue chip keepers who deserves the cap space.

I didn't care about Price, Winfield or Williams. They wern't worth the money they got. Clements is though.

You can only build your team around a core group of guys who will get the mega bucks. Clements is one of them guys.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              There's no way Donahoe will let him walk for free. You find the cap space to get under the cap to franchise him if needed.

I really hope we keep him around. He is one of them blue chip keepers who deserves the cap space.

I didn't care about Price, Winfield or Williams. They wern't worth the money they got. Clements is though.

You can only build your team around a core group of guys who will get the mega bucks. Clements is one of them guys.
              I really agree here. If you were to pick one top player on this squad, one blue chipper many would go with Clements and of course TKO. McGahee? Maybe next year or the year after but Clements and TKO are now. You just cant let Clements walk, it could be disastrous.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Forgot Jennings too.

All of these guys would've been nice to keep around but not for the money they got. You can't keep everyone.

You keep your best group of 5 core players and fill in the rest of the team around them.

Comment

• shotgun
                  stop smokeing for your own health
                  • May 2004

tag his ass be for anyone can even try to sign him if we don;t sign him befor then

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Willis will hold out if he has an avg/above avg season (which he undoubtedly will), esp w/ that dick of an agent.

I think getting rid of Clements is probably going to happen, and it's scary because Milloy, Vincent, and many of our current studs on D aren't getting any younger. Sure, we have McGee and King and a few others, but are they as dominant as NC? NO! And who's to say that McGee or King won't become the same type of player NC is and won't hold out or want out of BLO in their own right?

Him leaving signals the slow painful decline of this defense especially if the other young corners on the team don't pan out, IMO.

Remember, McGee as a coverage man made quite a few bonehead plays last year. This is his year to prove himself as a corner. King is still a year or two away from being even an avg or top corner. I think this year is a pretty good glimpse into the future of this D. If King and McGee show improvement and prove they are reliable, NC is gone... if they drop the ball, I think the Bills try to bring him back.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

If Willis holds out you cant use the franchise tag on him Op...Isn't it only for UFAs?
                      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• jpdex12
                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                        I think we tag him and either trade him or keep him tagged, I think he stays a bill one way or another
                        God, I love those boobs in your post!
                        Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• Nic82
                          • Jul 2005

If Nate wants a 7 year 70 million dollar contract (Bailey last year received a 7 year 63 million) we need to let him walk. Only an elite quarterback deserves that kind of money. I would offer him a 6 year 40 million dollar contact (12 million in bonus) and if that isn't good enough of him, we can move Vincent back to corner. We could use the franchise tag and trade him, but that is a risk because a team might not offer a first rounder to us i.e. James and Alexander this year. To keep him with a Franchise tag would cost us a 10+ million dollar cap hit next year.

Comment

• Tasker
                            • Aug 2005

Must be smoking over there, letting winfield get away is about the worst decision in the last 15 years. Along with giving rob johnson that contract, paying Bruce smith into his useless bad knees years, and a handful of others.

Clements is half of likely the best cornerback tandem in the league, so lets not make that mistake again. And though he is one of the top 5, Winfield was better.

I would say is better, but I dont make a habit of watching vikings games, so who knows, maybe he did a Warren Sapp out there.

While venting here....Its a sad thing what happened to henry, hes the only offensive star to put out 100% every night and he gets shafted.

He has much faster speed to the hole than magahee, just like Kenneth Davis had more speed to the hole than Thurman, and there they benched the better runner too.
                            Greatest Special Teamer in NFL History
                            #89 Steve Tasker

Bills backer
                            Buffalo Bills Blog

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Tasker
                              Must be smoking over there, letting winfield get away is about the worst decision in the last 15 years. Along with giving rob johnson that contract, paying Bruce smith into his useless bad knees years, and a handful of others.

Clements is half of likely the best cornerback tandem in the league, so lets not make that mistake again. And though he is one of the top 5, Winfield was better.

I would say is better, but I dont make a habit of watching vikings games, so who knows, maybe he did a Warren Sapp out there.

While venting here....Its a sad thing what happened to henry, hes the only offensive star to put out 100% every night and he gets shafted.

He has much faster speed to the hole than magahee, just like Kenneth Davis had more speed to the hole than Thurman, and there they benched the better runner too.
                              I don't think Clements is worth shelling out the top CB salary in the league and if that's what he insists on, he might not even get tagged. The Bill's record with CB's tells me that we will draft one and plug in a veteran as a stop-gap. League trends show CB's moving all over the place for that big payday.

Comment

Working...
                              X