PDA

View Full Version : My assessment on the big names out there

X-Era
08-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Simon- if we can land him AND Clements fine, but dont sacrifice Clements for him. Simon puts us over the top on our D and makes us world class. Furthermore, big Sam aint getting younger and if he leaves or diminishes what the hell do we have left? I LOVE the thought of landing a long term stud at DT like Simon NOW before Adams is done.

Peerless- simply wont come back, and I dont see us wanting him back. He wouldnt want to be the #3 or 4 WR on ANY team. He would only want to be in the running for 2 and Evans has it locked down. If he were to come here, we would be able to set Moulds free and save serious cap cash next year of the year after. Nice part about that move is that Peerless could stillbe #2 and Evans will probably end up #1 so we are still set. Problem is Parrish then is stuck at #3 for many years, I think he could be a solid #2 with time and development. Ijust dont see it happening even if both parties wanted it and NEITHER probably do.

Warrick- This is a completely different situation from Peerless. Warrick would be a GREAT pickup at the vet minimum. He simply has no leverage for demanding even the #3 spot but likely would smoke Reed, Wilson, Haddad, and Aiken in a battle for it. So, he, in my opinion, is an upgrade at #3 if signed today. I can definetely see him signing for vet min or very cheap. Problem is we would be adding to an already decent spot and potentially hurting a young flashy WR in Parrish. Warrick coming out of college looked to be a stud, hes got moves galore but lacks top end speed. Parrish coming out seems to be even better but yet went later because of size. I believe Parrish is better than Warrick today but its very unproven. So, If Parrish does what we think he will when coming back, Warrick drops to #4. Again, as with Peerless, maybe thats just for one year until Moulds is sent packing if TD goes that route to save cap cash and its VERY possible he does it. I woudnt mind 1) Evans, 2) Parrish, and 3) Warrick in 06 if they play the way we think they can.

BillsFever21
08-30-2005, 02:46 PM
I was just gonna make a post about this.

Maybe we could get Warrick or Price to sign a 1 year deal to try and build up their FA status again if nobody offers them a good contract.

They could be around till Parrish is back on the field and then give him a chance to get his feet under him his rookie year. He should then be ready to go in his sophmore year.

X-Era
08-30-2005, 02:49 PM
I was just gonna make a post about this.

Maybe we could get Warrick or Price to sign a 1 year deal to try and build up their FA status again if nobody offers them a good contract.

They could be around till Parrish is back on the field and then give him a chance to get his feet under him his rookie year. He should then be ready to go in his sophmore year.
Agree but not on Price. Why the hell sign Price as your Parrish fill in for more money than Warrick, who could be a permanent solution at the #3 spot if Parrish reaches up to the #2 spot?

I just dont see blowing cap cash on a fill in.

casdhf
08-30-2005, 02:53 PM
I think we should stay away from all of them, who wants short, injured WRs?

BillsFever21
08-30-2005, 02:56 PM
Agree but not on Price. Why the hell sign Price as your Parrish fill in for more money than Warrick, who could be a permanent solution at the #3 spot if Parrish reaches up to the #2 spot?

I just dont see blowing cap cash on a fill in.
Price wouldn't cost much money either. I'm also sure Warrick would want a #2 spot if he could.

I already know Price wouldn't wanna come back after we didn't want him in the first place. I'd like to see Warrick for a 1 year deal for 1 million with an option for a 2nd year.

Mr. Miyagi
08-30-2005, 03:28 PM
We won't be in the running for either of those WRs.

Why would they want to come to us as a #3 or #4 on the depth chart when they can go to Philly, Atlanta (Warrick), Baltimore, Chicago, Miami or a lot of other teams as surefire #2? They won't.

OpIv37
08-30-2005, 03:35 PM
Simon- if we can land him AND Clements fine, but dont sacrifice Clements for him. Simon puts us over the top on our D and makes us world class. Furthermore, big Sam aint getting younger and if he leaves or diminishes what the hell do we have left? I LOVE the thought of landing a long term stud at DT like Simon NOW before Adams is done.

Peerless- simply wont come back, and I dont see us wanting him back. He wouldnt want to be the #3 or 4 WR on ANY team. He would only want to be in the running for 2 and Evans has it locked down. If he were to come here, we would be able to set Moulds free and save serious cap cash next year of the year after. Nice part about that move is that Peerless could stillbe #2 and Evans will probably end up #1 so we are still set. Problem is Parrish then is stuck at #3 for many years, I think he could be a solid #2 with time and development. Ijust dont see it happening even if both parties wanted it and NEITHER probably do.

Warrick- This is a completely different situation from Peerless. Warrick would be a GREAT pickup at the vet minimum. He simply has no leverage for demanding even the #3 spot but likely would smoke Reed, Wilson, Haddad, and Aiken in a battle for it. So, he, in my opinion, is an upgrade at #3 if signed today. I can definetely see him signing for vet min or very cheap. Problem is we would be adding to an already decent spot and potentially hurting a young flashy WR in Parrish. Warrick coming out of college looked to be a stud, hes got moves galore but lacks top end speed. Parrish coming out seems to be even better but yet went later because of size. I believe Parrish is better than Warrick today but its very unproven. So, If Parrish does what we think he will when coming back, Warrick drops to #4. Again, as with Peerless, maybe thats just for one year until Moulds is sent packing if TD goes that route to save cap cash and its VERY possible he does it. I woudnt mind 1) Evans, 2) Parrish, and 3) Warrick in 06 if they play the way we think they can.

I agree for the most part. Warrick might be a good pickup at vet min, and I'd LOVE to see Simon in a Bills uni although I'm not sure yet if I'd be willing to give up Clements for it. I don't think Price has anything to add, but it's a moot point because like you already said, it's highly unlikely that either party is interested in bringing him here.

OpIv37
08-30-2005, 03:37 PM
We won't be in the running for either of those WRs.

Why would they want to come to us as a #3 or #4 on the depth chart when they can go to Philly, Atlanta (Warrick), Baltimore, Chicago, Miami or a lot of other teams as surefire #2? They won't.

If Baltimore signs Price as their #2, I'm gonna be laughing my ass off. But the answer is that I would say we have a better chance of winning than any of those teams except Philly and maybe Baltimore.

osos
08-30-2005, 03:48 PM

GREAT POST JP - ERA

I just want to + something

1. If we have the money to sign Simmons & Clements do so, just imagine having both of them (also taking in consideration the rest of the unit) in the same defense, in would be BRUTAL , the pressure that they could generate to QB or the RB. Just FANTASTIC

2. Price is already out of the question - as you said this place is already taken by Evans (more cheaper, younger & faster). Obviously he would not take a #3 or #4 spot. So thatīs a NO !!!!

3. As you said this will be great Plus for the team, if Warrick is healthy, and has the hunger again to be a top WR, it will complement perfect to our system, he has the hands, the talent and experience to be the perfect # 3 WR, and Roscoe will continue to develop as a Rookie as punt return work.
It will be a great corpīs of WR ( Moulds - Evans - Warrick - Parrish ),

Lets face it, Warrick is a LOT better than the competition ( Wilson - Haddad - Aiken ), just see the numbers he has in just one good season, imagine if we keep him working really hard, and he will be loved the Buffalo organization.

come on, JUST SIGN him one or two year tender NOW before someone does it.

4. The only problem I see with Evans being number 1 WR is the size, he is tall but not as strong as Moulds, probably is just a question of time.

Just sign somebody and finish with Big Speculation

GOOOO BUFFALO http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/icons/icon8.gif

osos
08-31-2005, 08:18 AM
any one has an opinion regarding this ??????

capitolneal
08-31-2005, 08:41 AM
anything on Verba?

mysticsoto
08-31-2005, 08:43 AM
anything on Verba?
I don't know, but do we really need a Tackle? Our Tackles have been playing great. Suprisingly, seems like we might need more Guards (for backup) - although I guess Ross Tucker and Duke Preston are good enough for now...

X-Era
08-31-2005, 08:45 AM
I don't know, but do we really need a Tackle? Our Tackles have been playing great. Suprisingly, seems like we might need more Guards (for backup) - although I guess Ross Tucker and Duke Preston are good enough for now...
I actually agree, maybe T depth guys like Melander. As far as G Paul Zukaskus was a highly ranked G why not lose a clown backup and give this guy a shot.