PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis Interviews for the Cincy Job

RedEyE
01-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Bengals, Lewis discuss coaching vacancy

NFL.com wire reports

CINCINNATI (Jan. 2, 2003) -- Washington defensive coordinator Marvin Lewis has interviewed for the head coaching job with the Cincinnati Bengals, who also plan to talk to Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey over the weekend.

The club confirmed on its Web site that Lewis met with owner Mike Brown and other family members in Cincinnati. He was the first outside candidate interviewed for the job.

Mularkey will be interviewed in Pittsburgh on Jan. 4, the day before the Steelers' first-round playoff game against Cleveland.

Brown won't comment on the team's search for a head coach.

The Bengals fired coach Dick LeBeau a day after their 2-14 season, the worst in team history.

"Looking at it from the outside, some people might say, 'Don't go near that situation,' but that's not how I view it," Lewis said. "I think there's a lot of talent there, and it's a good opportunity for somebody." .........more

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CIN/6093755

shelby
01-02-2003, 07:54 PM
:doh:

RedEyE
01-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Yep! Even worse if Lewis is given the job I'm willing to bet that Takeo Spikes may reconsider leaving the Bungles (if given the opportunity to return). :angry:ing Lewis

shelby
01-02-2003, 07:58 PM
That :angry:er!
He doesn't have man boobs either!!!
:madcurse:

RedEyE
01-02-2003, 08:00 PM
LMAO :rofl: :lol: You freakin' kill me Shelby. I'm cryin' right now.

Cntrygal
01-02-2003, 08:04 PM
I can see where Cincy is a much better choice than living in Buffalo. :rolleyes:

RedEyE
01-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I forgot about that Cntry. Lewis feels more comfortable in Cincy then Buffalo? What a joke.

shelby
01-02-2003, 08:06 PM
:scratch:

SoFL-Cheesehead
01-03-2003, 02:35 PM
What is this Lewis and Buffalo stuff?? Was he going to be or WAS the HC in Buffalo?? By the way, what is the status of the current HC of Buffalo??

RedEyE
01-03-2003, 04:27 PM
SoFL - Lewis felt too "uncomfortable" in Buffalo and apparently wouldn't have taken the HC job 2 seasons ago had it been offered to him despite interviewing for the position with Tom Donahoe. (In all actuality, he was whinning because it was never offered to him.) Now he interviews fo the Cincy job and were all trying to figure out what so special about Cincy. Lewis is a louse.