PDA

View Full Version : Great Quote From Mark Cambell

northernbillfan
08-31-2005, 04:38 AM
I was just reading the Rochester D & C article about Mark Campbell and he had the Bills quote of the year.

Before practice the other day he told Losman to throw the ball to him more. Afterwards he said "I told him if I don't catch 35 balls he's going to owe me some money for each ball under that."

Campbell's career mark is 34, and I'd bet dollars to donuts he has a 35 catch clause in his contract. Maybe not exactly worded as 35, more along the lines of a career record bonus. That's why JP would have to pony up some cash.

Full article (http://www.rochesterdandc.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050831/SPORTS03/508310318/1021)

Tinboy
08-31-2005, 05:58 AM
Good to see that Cambell is determined, we need a TE that can catch the ball.

Bill Brasky
08-31-2005, 06:28 AM
Great quote from jfreeman:

"Dear Campbell... stay healthy, get open on your routes, and don't drop passes and the ball will come your way"

All joking aside, I think whoever our go-to-TE is this year could have a pretty big year. Rookie QB's typically rely on dump off routes until they're comfortable with the system...

JP can say anything he wants, but the fact from seeing him in preseason is that he's still having problems and having a stud TE will benefit him greatly this year as he progresses. Hopefully one of our TE's will step it up this year because that is a position that has suffered greatly since JR left for PITT.

casdhf
08-31-2005, 07:16 AM
I wish Everett was not hurt, he's alot faster.

ryjam282
08-31-2005, 08:13 AM
It would be nice to see him utilize the TE. Campbell is so friggin huge and should stick out like a sore thumb.

OpIv37
08-31-2005, 08:36 AM
Great quote from jfreeman:

"Dear Campbell... stay healthy, get open on your routes, and don't drop passes and the ball will come your way"

All joking aside, I think whoever our go-to-TE is this year could have a pretty big year. Rookie QB's typically rely on dump off routes until they're comfortable with the system...

JP can say anything he wants, but the fact from seeing him in preseason is that he's still having problems and having a stud TE will benefit him greatly this year as he progresses. Hopefully one of our TE's will step it up this year because that is a position that has suffered greatly since JR left for PITT.

I agree with everything except your assessment of JR. He could catch the ball as well as any TE we've had in the last decade or so, but the guy had literally 0 YAC ability. He would catch the ball with 10 yards of open field in front of him and trip over his own feet. He ran routes well, but as soon as he caught the ball he had the coordination of Ted Kennedy after 4 hours at an open bar.

The last buffalo fan
08-31-2005, 09:31 AM
I agree with everything except your assessment of JR. He could catch the ball as well as any TE we've had in the last decade or so, but the guy had literally 0 YAC ability. He would catch the ball with 10 yards of open field in front of him and trip over his own feet. He ran routes well, but as soon as he caught the ball he had the coordination of Ted Kennedy after 4 hours at an open bar.
:lmao:

Tatonka
08-31-2005, 11:53 AM
mark campbell consistently makes the touch catches.. takes the hit and holds on to the ball.. he was good in the red zone when thrown to as well.. he really has done nothing to show that he is not capable of being as good as any TE in the league that is a true TE.. i say that meaning that obviously he can not ever be the guy that has huge YAC yards like gonzo and gates.. he just doesnt have the speed.. he is an old school TE who can block great and does everything that is required by the position.. i like him.. i too wish we had everrett healthy.. he has the speed/athletism to be one of those elite guys.

justasportsfan
08-31-2005, 12:15 PM
mark campbell consistently makes the touch catches.. takes the hit and holds on to the ball.. he was good in the red zone when thrown to as well.. he really has done nothing to show that he is not capable of being as good as any TE in the league that is a true TE.. i say that meaning that obviously he can not ever be the guy that has huge YAC yards like gonzo and gates.. he just doesnt have the speed.. he is an old school TE who can block great and does everything that is required by the position.. i like him.. i too wish we had everrett healthy.. he has the speed/athletism to be one of those elite guys.If only he knew how to catch passes w/ his hands instead of his body, he'd outmatch every safety w/ his height. All he'd have to do is raise his arms up to make a catch and safeties would have to hit him first to get to the ball, Pass interference. Reimersma was good at extending himself to make a catch, he just wasn't as big as Campbell.

Saratoga Slim
08-31-2005, 03:52 PM
mark campbell consistently makes the touch catches.. takes the hit and holds on to the ball.. he was good in the red zone when thrown to as well.. he really has done nothing to show that he is not capable of being as good as any TE in the league that is a true TE.. i say that meaning that obviously he can not ever be the guy that has huge YAC yards like gonzo and gates.. he just doesnt have the speed.. he is an old school TE who can block great and does everything that is required by the position.. i like him.. i too wish we had everrett healthy.. he has the speed/athletism to be one of those elite guys.
yeah, remember that hit he took in the Jacksonville game last season (think it was J-ville, correct me if wrong), caught the ball high near the right sideline, got hit low, did a flip and landed still holding the ball? I'd call that holding on to the ball. Ouch.