PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 2: Bills @ Saints

Aero II
08-31-2005, 06:40 AM
Since the Superdome is severely damaged and the city of New Orleans is taking on more water, it is more than likely that the early season Saint's home games will be moved to an alternate site. San Antonio, TX seems to be the leading candidate since the Saints owner once a car dealer there.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2147430

Other citys that have been mentioned on the news are Baton Rouge, Houston and the mayor of Orlando has offered the Citrus Bowl.

Historian
08-31-2005, 06:45 AM
The Bills played them at Tulane in 1973.

We lost 13-0.

Cost us a playoff spot.

LtFinFan66
08-31-2005, 06:54 AM
I have tickets for the Fins game Oct 30th. I can't drive to Texas. Hopefully Baton Rouge or even orlando will be chosen.

Throne Logic
08-31-2005, 07:01 AM
I have tix to that game, too. Just have to wait and see what happens.

Tinboy
08-31-2005, 07:08 AM
Wasn't there talks about Saints relocating? That the owner wasn't happy with the Officials in New Orleans, might be happening sooner than we know

Bill Brasky
08-31-2005, 07:15 AM
Wasn't there talks about Saints relocating? That the owner wasn't happy with the Officials in New Orleans, might be happening sooner than we know
Not this season, but San Antonio is a leading candidate for the N.O. franchise relocation, along w/ a few others that are receiving considerable attention.

If the Saints end up playing in SA in the next month it further strenghtens that city's hope of brining in the Saints from NO. I really don't know how well it will work having 3 teams in one state, but S.A. is a pretty big city and probably could have another sports franchise and make it work.

Either way, this Hurricane was the deathnail of the Saints franchise in that city.

Aero II
08-31-2005, 07:46 AM
I really don't know how well it will work having 3 teams in one state.
What about California, and Florida?

Patrick76777
08-31-2005, 08:15 AM

Let's move it up to Buffalo!

OpIv37
08-31-2005, 08:26 AM
we were talking about going to the Saints game but we had some unforseen expenditures and never got tickets- turned out to be a good decision. Anyway it's going to be tough for that team and that city and I hope they find a place for their games closer than San Antonio.

On the other hand, I've been to the Alamodome and it's a great facility. Not quite as big as the Superdome, but certainly adequate for an NFL game.

capitolneal
08-31-2005, 08:39 AM
I have tix to that game, too. Just have to wait and see what happens.
If they move the game to SA I will buy your tickets

Dozerdog
08-31-2005, 08:42 AM
If they move the game to SA I will buy your ticketsI doubt they would do you any good.

All tickets in New Orleans would be refunded, then San Antonio tickets would be issued.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-31-2005, 09:08 AM
The Bills played them at Tulane in 1973.

How weird would that be if the BILLS did play at Tulane JP playing at the college he went to and playing on the same field it would be like a homecoming for him :crazy:

Aero II
08-31-2005, 09:11 AM
How wierd would that be if the BILLS did play at Tulane JP playing at the college he went to and playing on the same field it would be like a homecoming for him :crazy:
Doesn't Tulane play their home games at the Superdome?

Aero II
08-31-2005, 09:13 AM
Let's move it up to Buffalo!
I was refering to the 3 teams in 1 state comment. I see the league possibly moving all the Saints Home games to away games. It would suck for the Saints, but it may just be logistically easier to exicute.

Patrick76777
08-31-2005, 09:15 AM
I was refering to the 3 teams in 1 state comment. I see the league possibly moving all the Saints Home games to away games. It would suck for the Saints, but it may just be logistically easier to exicute.
As a season ticket Holder, I’d buy the extra seat in about 2 seconds! And they can use the money to go toward helping the city of NO.

Aero II
08-31-2005, 09:18 AM
As a season ticket Holder, I’d buy the extra seat in about 2 seconds! And they can use the money to go toward helping the city of NO.
Great idea.

ryjam282
08-31-2005, 09:18 AM
The Citrus Bowl would be AWESOME!!!!! It is about a 2 hour drive and I have some friends I could stay with, that would be GREAT. Let's go NFL Orlando, Orlando, Orlando :pray:

Aero II
08-31-2005, 09:26 AM
The Citrus Bowl would be AWESOME!!!!! It is about a 2 hour drive and I have some friends I could stay with, that would be GREAT. Let's go NFL Orlando, Orlando, Orlando :pray:
I live 20 min. from the Citrus Bowl and was hoping that Orlando would be the front runner, but with the Saints owner's ties to San Antonio and, have you seen the Citrus Bowl lately?, I see Orlando being an also ran for this one.

Novacane
08-31-2005, 09:30 AM
I see the league possibly moving all the Saints Home games to away games. It would suck for the Saints, but it may just be logistically easier to exicute.

I don't think they would do that.

tampabay25690
08-31-2005, 10:40 AM
I don't think they would do that.

I also have tickets for the New Orleans game, and I know the game wont be in New Orleans now....I am hoping Orlando also only 1hour drive for me....

capitolneal
08-31-2005, 11:09 AM
I believe it will be San Antonio Tom benson is from there and the people of San antonio would LOVE an NFL team they have about 2.5 million in the metro area

Throne Logic
08-31-2005, 11:19 AM
If they move the game to SA I will buy your tickets

If the game is moved to SA, I hope they offer the chance for me to exchange tickets. I'd love to come down to SA, I hear it's beautiful.

Throne Logic
08-31-2005, 11:25 AM
I really don't know how well it will work having 3 teams in one state, but S.A. is a pretty big city and probably could have another sports franchise and make it work.

How about New York? Granted only one team actually plays in the state, but they are certainly supported.

I'd guess that San Antonio could draw fans at least as well as Buffalo.

Aero II
08-31-2005, 11:39 AM
How about New York? Granted only one team actually plays in the state, but they are certainly supported.

I'd guess that San Antonio could draw fans at least as well as Buffalo.

I didn't list NY for 1 reason, only 1 team plays in the State.

FlyingDutchman
08-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Doesn't Tulane play their home games at the Superdome?
Yeah Tulane plays in the Superdome.....I really dont think the Saints will play in N.O. at all this year. The City is flooded really bad. There are parts that are completely under water and pumps that are used to drain the city are down. I dont see that City getting any where near back to normal within the next 4 months, so I doubt they'll play any games there. This would be a great time to showcase San Antonio and see what they draw there....however IMO, Texas has enough teams...The saints should move to Los Angeles....

Michael82
08-31-2005, 11:54 AM
I live 20 min. from the Citrus Bowl and was hoping that Orlando would be the front runner, but with the Saints owner's ties to San Antonio and, have you seen the Citrus Bowl lately?, I see Orlando being an also ran for this one.
They are already working on something with San Antonio for the Saints to practice there from now on. And then it sounds like they may look into playing their games in the Alamodome.

capitolneal
08-31-2005, 11:57 AM
I doubt they would do you any good.

All tickets in New Orleans would be refunded, then San Antonio tickets would be issued.
I hope that is the case Thanks for the info

capitolneal
08-31-2005, 11:58 AM
If the game is moved to SA, I hope they offer the chance for me to exchange tickets. I'd love to come down to SA, I hear it's beautiful.
It is Nice But Austin is much nicer (only an hour away) this is a NICE city you'd love it

L.A. Playa
08-31-2005, 11:59 AM
I would predict they will play in Baton Rouge and keep the game in Lousiiana

Michael82
08-31-2005, 12:00 PM
So now here's the biggest question....

Even though it's terrible terms to leave on. Does anyone else think that the Saints will move out of New Orleans within the next 2 years and this will be the perfect excuse. IMO, that stadium may never be NFL usable again. It took a lot of damage and now the flood water is starting to push against it. Plus, the whole damn city is destroyed. So, who would go to their games? Hell, who could afford to still go to the games if they all lost their jobs and homes?

Aero II
08-31-2005, 12:05 PM
I would predict they will play in Baton Rouge and keep the game in Lousiiana
LSU May need to move all their games. I heard on the news last night that the university's stadium was being used as a helicopter landing area for rescue choppers and that they set up a triage area in the training facility.

Michael82
08-31-2005, 12:07 PM
LSU May need to move all their games. I heard on the news last night that the university's stadium was being used as a helicopter landing area for rescue choppers and that they set up a triage area in the training facility.
And Tulane University is damaged right now. They just showed satellite photo, the flood has gotten to the Tulane Stadium and near the school.

Nic82
08-31-2005, 01:15 PM
I hope they play the game in Houston so I can walk down the street and see the game @ Reliant Stadium. The Texans will be in Cincinnati that week.

Bill Brasky
08-31-2005, 03:21 PM
perfect examples.

the Jags fail to sell tix for many games and never fill that stadium.

Oakland games are constantly blacked out because of the bay area having 2 teams in such a close area... and San Diego hasn't exactly flurished in ticket sales in the last several years, negating last year.

Voltron
08-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Poor Kgun12 Had airline and game tix for that game :console:

Throne Logic
08-31-2005, 04:42 PM
So, who would go to their games? Hell, who could afford to still go to the games if they all lost their jobs and homes?

Ticket price could be reduced for residents of New Orleans. It would be something for the city to do. Problem is that the city won't physically be in a position to host anything, never mind NFL games, anytime soon. It's likely that the Saints will not be playing in New Orleans this year.

Those folks are going to have a very long hard road to recovery. They'll accomplish a good chunk of it over the next 6 months or so. Then they are going to have the biggest damned Mardi Gras party the planet has ever seen.

Throne Logic
08-31-2005, 04:44 PM

That's my boat, too.

At this point, if the Saints offer to convert the ticket price into a donation to support the relief effort, I'd gladly select that option.

Then purchase new tickets for the San Antonio game! :D:

JD
08-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Im sure the flood will move it down a couple streets :idunno:

L.A. Playa
08-31-2005, 09:11 PM
just heard Los ANgeles may be the place the Saints play this year that they NFL is in discussions with the LA coliseum to try to make it happen if soI will be at 3 games this year

RedEyE
08-31-2005, 09:39 PM
just heard Los ANgeles may be the place the Saints play this year that they NFL is in discussions with the LA coliseum to try to make it happen if soI will be at 3 games this yearWhile that is cool of LA, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the Bills traveling across country for the game. Not to mention that it won't bring any funds into the Louisana region that desperatley need it.

I say the should have the game closer to home. There are plenty of colleges that could house the team in Northern and central parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, or even West Alabama or East Texas.

L.A. Playa
08-31-2005, 09:44 PM
While that is cool of LA, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the Bills traveling across country for the game. Not to mention that it won't bring any funds into the Louisana region that desperatley need it.

I say the should have the game closer to home. There are plenty of colleges that could house the team in Northern and central parts of Louisiana, Mississippi, or even West Alabama or East Texas.

Part of the plan is to donate the profits to relief efforts in New Orleans and to take donations similar to what happened to San Diego a few years back the Coliseum would keep vendor revenue and a rental fee which would be paid by the NFL not by theSaints

G. Host
08-31-2005, 09:56 PM

I got days off, ticket, air tickets and hotel reserved.
Most painful will be the air ticket - airlines dislike giving back money if they are flying at all and they will be in 5 weeks.

Dozerdog
08-31-2005, 10:02 PM
I'm sure you can get a refund ir at least a credit if your ticket was to New Orleans.

I heard on the radio that commercial traffic for the next few months will be very strictly regulated. They won't even let you show up unless you can prove you have a place to go and or people to see. They don't want to import future refugees.

G. Host
09-01-2005, 11:21 AM
From USAIR:

August 27 - October 31, 2005

New Orleans*

*Passengers can rebook their travel for up to one year for New Orleans only. All customers must rebook and have their tickets reissued by October 31, 2005 and travel must commence within one year from original date of ticket issuance.

Re-accommodation Procedure

Passengers originally scheduled to travel to or from affected airports above, on the dates specified, will be able to make the changes outlined below to their itineraries. For flights originally scheduled for this time period, US Airways will waive the standard change fee, advance reservation or ticketing requirements.

The entire itinerary can be moved forward or delayed, up to seven days from the scheduled origination date. The length of the trip cannot be changed.

Full value of wholly unused tickets can be applied toward the purchase of a ticket to an alternate destination, with travel to originate within seven days of the scheduled origination date.