WR Taylor Stubblefield- Purdues version of Don Beebe
    DT Luther Ellis
    LB Marcus Steele
    LB Hannibal Navies
    CB Michael Echols- a Hurricane player who looked awesome in college
    WR Roscoe Crosby- the guy that went in the supp draft
    RB Anthony Davis
    LB Brian Allen
    WR Troy Edwards- I seriously believe he can be great in the right situation, here?
    OG Mike Compton
    WR Danny Farmer
    OT Rian Melander- very green prospect with lots of size and strength
    RB Cedric Cobbs
    WR/KR Chad Morton- Save Clemenets from the beating, sign this guy to be PR
    CB Hank Poteat
    DT Santonio Thomas
    S Diamond Ferri- I love this kid from Syr
    WR Javin Hunter
    OG Paul Zukaskus- Seemed to be a stud from BC, what happened?
    DT Lyn McGruder? you gotta be kidding me, this guy looks frikkin GREAT! Watched him in the combine, from OK St and is a potential stud.

• casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Hurricane Turk's first victims

I wouldn't want a single player on that list
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
      • Apr 2004

I'd take Warrick. He's good for a scrambling QB....knows how to get open on third down.

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

Warrick is terrible. He hasn't been worth a crap since Weinke was throwing to him.

I would pass on everyone on there, except maybe Peerless. We all know what he brings and as long as Roscoe is hurt he would be a GREAT #3 WR. Now, we all know that he would never accept that role but he could be the next Stokley IMO in the slot. Hell, when Moulds leaves, Evans goes to #1 Price to #2 and Roscoe in the slot....Now, that would be nice. Nothing but speed on that one but they would all be about 180 pounds so that is the only thing about that....

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
          I wouldn't want a single player on that list
          Cant understand how you can say that. Did you not get coffee this morning?

Warrick over Aiken, Haddad, or Wilson...tough one. Come on dude. One of those guys is making the squad.

Melander over German, or McFarland...this is a touch tougher, German is as good as gone. One could argue that Melander has a better upside than McFarland. But this isnt that obvious a decision

Lynn McGruder over Bannan or Sape? I dont see this as a tough one either. McGruder was a huge sleeper going into the draft, we know what we have in Bannan and Sape. Bannan vs. McGruder straight up is tough, especially the way they use Bannan on O every now and again, but that experiment is supposedly over.

Chad Morton as our PR? The guy is a proven stud returner. Would you like Clements getting hurt doing returns?

Mike Echols? Kevin Thomas just went on the PUP. Whos our 4 and 5 CB's? King and Greer make it but whos your #5? Echols isnt a better prospect than those guys?

It isnt about these guys being super stars, its about these guys being better than who they would replace now.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
            Cant understand how you can say that. Did you not get coffee this morning?

Warrick over Aiken, Haddad, or Wilson...tough one. Come on dude. One of those guys is making the squad.

Melander over German, or McFarland...this is a touch tougher, German is as good as gone. One could argue that Melander has a better upside than McFarland. But this isnt that obvious a decision

Lynn McGruder over Bannan or Sape? I dont see this as a tough one either. McGruder was a huge sleeper going into the draft, we know what we have in Bannan and Sape. Bannan vs. McGruder straight up is tough, especially the way they use Bannan on O every now and again, but that experiment is supposedly over.

Chad Morton as our PR? The guy is a proven stud returner. Would you like Clements getting hurt doing returns?

Mike Echols? Kevin Thomas just went on the PUP. Whos our 4 and 5 CB's? King and Greer make it but whos your #5? Echols isnt a better prospect than those guys?

It isnt about these guys being super stars, its about these guys being better than who they would replace now.
            Echols was Wis badger, my bad. I could have sworn he was a Cane. Anyways, heres his scouting report:

Mike Echols, Wisconsin (5-9 3/8, 190 4.46 on turf)
            * If a drafting team does not worry about height, Echols will move up over Western Kentucky's Joseph Jefferson, who's currently No. 8. Did not work out at the combine. Ran and lifted at Wisconsin's Pro Day. Had 11 strength lifts and ran the 40 at 4.49 and 4.47 seconds. A wide receiver and defensive back in high school, he also played on a state-championship basketball team. Redshirted in 1997 and started every game but one for the next four years, notching 12 interceptions. Also ran track at Wisconsin during the past spring.
            Echols is a very good athlete with jumping ability and catch-up speed. Has gained 11 pounds since last fall. Possesses durability, good awareness and very good character. Is an insulin-dependent diabetic who takes shots daily. His mother is a psychologist in Youngston, Ohio. A lack of height may keep him from being drafted higher; he is a a a third or fourth corner-type of player.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Chad Morton is damaged goods

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

If healthy, the only guy I would grab is Mike Compton for depth

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ryjam282
                  Warrick is terrible. He hasn't been worth a crap since Weinke was throwing to him.

I would pass on everyone on there, except maybe Peerless. We all know what he brings and as long as Roscoe is hurt he would be a GREAT #3 WR. Now, we all know that he would never accept that role but he could be the next Stokley IMO in the slot. Hell, when Moulds leaves, Evans goes to #1 Price to #2 and Roscoe in the slot....Now, that would be nice. Nothing but speed on that one but they would all be about 180 pounds so that is the only thing about that....
                  Again, no way Price comes back. NEITHER side would want that. If it happens, great I like your thoughts.

Assuming Price is out and Moulds is still gone whos #2 or #3? Parrish is one of them, whos the other? Warrick is so terrible that he cant beat out any of the guys left after Parrish and Evans? I dont see that.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                    • Jul 2002

Isn't morton PUP?
                    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Again, no way Price comes back. NEITHER side would want that. If it happens, great I like your thoughts.

Assuming Price is out and Moulds is still gone whos #2 or #3? Parrish is one of them, whos the other? Warrick is so terrible that he cant beat out any of the guys left after Parrish and Evans? I dont see that.
                      found some of TD's comments as Price headed out.

It's been fun to watch him develop," Donahoe said. "The biggest frustration with free agency is you draft a player and develop a player, and then many times a player walks out of here and you have nothing to show for it."

"Peerless wants to be a No. 1 receiver, which he would not be here," Buffalo team president Tom Donahoe said. "He wanted to be compensated like a No. 1 receiver, which obviously we could not do. So it may be one of those situations which works out for both teams."

Comment

• ryjam282
                        Offical Billszone Starting QB
                        • Mar 2003

He was a stud PR in like 2002, the last few years he has been average at best. I like the fact that when Clements is back there there is a good chance he will take it to the house. As far as him getting hurt, I think he has just as good a chance coming up for a tackle on a big RB as well. It comes with the territory, he is a great PR so we have to use him there. If he was average I would agree that he has no business there due to injury concerns but he is the best one we have so we have to use him IMO.

Morton would be a waste, he had one really good season and in that season it was pretty much one good game (against us) on opening day.

I don't think Price would come back at all, I was just speculating at we could be like. We would have a TON of speed.

As for your other question, about the #2 or #3, I think right now it would have to be Reed/Haddad/Aiken. I wouldn't waste a dime on Warrick. He couldn't beat out my sister at WR. He was another of the overhyped FSU players coming out. Not very good at all and about as durable as Travis Brown has been

Ryan Withey
                        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
                        X