So, how long until Philly pounces on Peerless Price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

So, how long until Philly pounces on Peerless Price?

They freed up over $5 million under the cap by taking the tag off Corey Simon. Something tells me that they will be heavily pursuing him. You remember how good he looked alongside Eric Moulds, just imagine him on the other side of Terrell Owens.

I think he'll be an Eagle by their opener.
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: So, how long until Philly pounces on Peerless Price?

No one is going to claim his contract. They'll wait until they can start clean.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• madness
      • Apr 2003

My neighbor and I were talking about that last night. I think Eagles would be stupid to pass him over.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

The problem is I can't see PP being effective right away because it takes a while to develop chemistry with a QB...I agree that he would be an improvement with what they have now. I just don't see PP making a big contribution until the second half of the season at the very best not to mention one has to wonder if he is washed up...

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by don137
          The problem is I can't see PP being effective right away because it takes a while to develop chemistry with a QB...I agree that he would be an improvement with what they have now. I just don't see PP making a big contribution until the second half of the season at the very best not to mention one has to wonder if he is washed up...
          Maybe, but I think Philly is kind of desperate to get a decent WR...and Price has a decent amount of experience already and should be able to pick up the plays without taking too long to adapt. I'm actually surprised Philly hasn't jumped on this already. They picked up a rookie WR, but they should be salivating at a veteran WR like Price to be available...

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Maybe, but I think Philly is kind of desperate to get a decent WR...and Price has a decent amount of experience already and should be able to pick up the plays without taking too long to adapt. I'm actually surprised Philly hasn't jumped on this already. They picked up a rookie WR, but they should be salivating at a veteran WR like Price to be available...
            That's what I was thinking. Maybe they want him to clear waivers first, so they can give him a cheap contract.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

I called this almost a month ago.
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

I don't think they will go after him. Greg Lewis has looked decent on the other side of TO. I think they will give him a chance.

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

If I were Chicago I'd be all over Peerless.
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis
                    If I were Chicago I'd be all over Peerless.
                    Who would compliment him? Oh nevermind, Muhammad. That would be a good idea.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Apparently Tennessee and New England have been in contact with Price's agent also, besides Philly...

Comment

• The King
                        Without me it's just Awe so
                        • Jun 2004

WTF is New England doing. Stacking up on WR's
                        I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                        "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                        You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                        It was all
                        true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                        He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                        mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

Id be willing to bet that Philly goes for Warrick before they go for Peerless.

Comment

• Voltron
                            • Jul 2002

One of Prices biggest knocks was that he could not adjust his routes on the fly for a mobile passer. I think I would call McNabb a mobile passer. I think he would look much better in Dallas or Cincy then in Philly

Another question is can he pass a team physical? We never did hear anything about his vision problems and whether they had been taken care of or not.
                            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

• casdhf
                              • Jul 2002

why did he get cut again? Did he hurt his shin or was that Warrick? I'm getting my washed up, scrub, 5'10'' WRs confused.
                              Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                              cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                              X