PDA

View Full Version : Parcells dropped from Hall of Fame Ballot

RedEyE
01-02-2003, 08:34 PM
Parcells dropped from Hall Of Fame ballot

NFL.com wire reports

CANTON, Ohio (Jan. 2, 2003) -- Bill Parcells is being dropped from this year's Pro Football Hall of Fame ballot after becoming the Dallas Cowboys' coach.

Parcells qualified for the final ballot of 15 candidates because he was in the top seven in last year's voting, although he didn't get enough support to be elected. Hall of Fame spokesman Joe Horrigan said that Parcells disqualified himself by taking the Dallas job............ more ---> http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DAL/6094317

shelby
01-03-2003, 04:51 AM
Good! i can't believe he is going to coach the :angry:ing Cowgirls.
:madcurse:

SoFL-Cheesehead
01-03-2003, 02:32 PM
I wonder if the Buc's fans are still unhappy that they did not land the BIG TUNA last season. I did hear the Bucs wants some drfaft picks because the Tuna DID sign with the Bucs and then back out opf the contract. I wonder what round it would be??

RedEyE
01-03-2003, 04:29 PM
The league announced that there will be no compensation to the Bucs since there technically was never a contract sent to the league for the Parcells Bucs marriage. Bucs get zilch! Cowgirls get Bill.

Cntrygal
01-03-2003, 05:30 PM
I heard it was because the Bucs failed to file the contract at the league office. OOOPPPSSSSS!

SoFL-Cheesehead
01-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Sounds like the Bucs where taking Bear lessons - Bates trad - non trade - release to the Vikings deal last year!!