Roscoe Parrish to be ready for the start of the season???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Roscoe Parrish to be ready for the start of the season???

I wonder if this is why Coach Mularkey was very quiet about Roscoe Parrish's injury. Could it have been just a way to cover it up so that the Texans don't prepare for him? Is this a slip of the lip by Bobby April? Or is it just a typo? hmmm.....

When wideout Roscoe Parrish, a rookie second-round pick out of Miami with 4.37 speed in the 40, injured his wrist in camp, no one wore a sadder face than special teams coach Bobby April. "He'll be back by the start of the season, and then you'll really see something," April says. "[The other coaches] like him as a third wideout, but I like him as a return man. I know we've got Terrence McGee, but Roscoe is dynamite as a punt returner. I would not want to have to tackle him."
  • Bert102176
    • Aug 2002

Re: Roscoe Parrish to be ready for the start of the season???

good find Mikey
    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Sweet! I knew he would be back early... figured week 3... but that is awesome!

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

WOW, I hope he doesn't mean by the beginning of the season that means week 3. I am hoping week 1...That would be DYNOMITE

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• FreddyvsJason
          • May 2003

Can anyone confirm when that article was written or posted. I've seen it mentioned everywhere. I hope it is a recent statement. We can use this guy.

Comment

• Pride
            • Jul 2002

-- Paul Zimmerman

Issue date: September 5, 2005
            Assume it will be in the next magazine... so probably within the last 2 days.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
              Assume it will be in the next magazine... so probably within the last 2 days.
              it could also just mean that the start of the season (first couple weeks or something). But you know, with the way Mularkey was soo damn secretive and they never released any info with a deadline, it would make perfect sense if they revealed him at home against the Texans. That would be sweet!

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

Are practices still open to the public right now? It would be cool if not and he was practicing in secret with no one available to see him. That would be cool. But, lets be honest boys, it's not like we have the next TO here, in reality, it is just a slot WR....

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                  Are practices still open to the public right now? It would be cool if not and he was practicing in secret with no one available to see him. That would be cool. But, lets be honest boys, it's not like we have the next TO here, in reality, it is just a slot WR....
                  Nope, Practices are in the Fieldhouse and the Stadium. They are NOW closed to the public and some are even closed to the media.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Yeah, it's interesting that he's not on the PUP list, which should mean a fairly early return. Let's hope it's September 11.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

If he did break his wrist, I'd say 4 weeks is wishful thinking. Hope I'm wrong.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Nic82
                        • Jul 2005

Let's hope he's back for the opener because we need a fast start this year and I don't feel good about Reed as our 3rd.

Comment

• sdbillsfan2
                          • Apr 2005

Maybe Aprils just playing mind games with the Texans so they can't be sure who to prepare for !!!!!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMM Just a thought ?????? I for one hope he is back and ready !!
                          Last edited by sdbillsfan2; 08-31-2005, 01:57 PM. Reason: typo

" I'd try to see things from your point of view but..........there's only room up your a** for one head ! "

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

we would want them preparing for more guys not less..it's more likely they are dropping something like this to MAKE them prepare for him even if he doesn't make the opener.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                              Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                              • Aug 2002

I can't imagine that Houston is really going to worry all that much about a rookie WR who's missed most of the Summer with an injured wrist. The only real contribution Roscoe has even a chance of making is on Punt returns. Houston won't prepare any differently for Roscoe than they would for Clements.

I'm not entirely sure why Buffalo is being so secretive, but hey, that's their choice. It really could be as simple as Roscoe told the team that he doesn't want details publicized. The Health Information Privacy Act (HIPA) would prevent Buffalo from legally sharing his health information without his consent. The sports world has been freely violating HIPA since 1999 when it was enacted. Perhaps the Bills have decided to make a stand. If so, I applaud them.
                              Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

Working...
                              X