PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think the Penguins are going to be a flop?

JD
08-31-2005, 07:44 PM
This season I see them switching roles with the New York Rangers....anyone else agree?

Each player on this team will go off and try to be an all-star on their own I dont see them gelling at all this season, maybe next season will be their time to shine.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-31-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't think they will be a flop. If they can stay healthy, and that is a big if, they might contend for a playoff spot. It will all come down to goaltending. If Fluery is ready to take the reigns, they could be there in the end. They will have a great powerplay. After the top players they signed, there isn't too much there. I don't think they will be a flop.

Philagape
08-31-2005, 10:44 PM
I think they're for real, not only because of the big names they signed, but they already had good young players like Fata, Jackman and Malone (although he's not signed yet), and veteran Recchi. Oh and that Lemieux guy

Dozerdog
09-01-2005, 07:45 AM
I think they have no depth. They might be quick out of the shute, but in the long haul, with a compressed schedule that includes the olympics, I think their veteran top 2 lines will show fatigue and injury.

If they get Malkin back from Russia next season, I think they might go places.

casdhf
09-01-2005, 09:35 AM
I think they'll score 5000 goals this season

pyrrhonist
09-17-2005, 01:00 PM
I don't really hear the organization, or its players, saying they'll win the Cup this year---So I don't see how we could even begin to call them a flop. I'm excited for Crosby's arrival in the NHL (Finally), but I don't think adding him, with T-Bo, Palffy, LeClair, and Gonchar is going to equal a Stanley Cup. They'll definitely move out of the NHL's basement, but they're not going straight to the Eastern Conference's #1 team, by any means.

What it does mean, though, is both Buffalo & Washington have just fallen another spot in the overall heirarchy of the East. Team like Florida, Pittsburgh, and Carolina at least made strides this offseason to get out of the depths of the East.