X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Simon a Colt

they are competition so this hurts.. this just makes their defense that much better.. tripplet is playing very well this preseason too.. two good DT will help that soft D.
    Free agent and former Eagles pro-bowler Corey Simon has reached an agreement in principle with the Indianapolis Colts.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • ParanoidAndroid
    My battery is low and it's getting dark.
    • Apr 2004

Re: Simon a Colt

The Colts may have just gotten themselves over the hump. Great friggin' move!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

DF and corey simon on the same DL?

looks like the colts might finally get over the hump. crap.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Another reason I'm glad they aren't in our division anymore.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
          Expert on Experts
          • Jul 2002

wow, what an unbelievable get for them. If they can get decent play from their back 7 it could be enough with that offense.

Comment

• Lexwhat
            • Feb 2005

Some snippets from ESPN.com:

"It was Indianapolis, however, which ratcheted up discussions and which is much further along in negotiations and poised to consummate what will likely be a five-year deal that could make Simon one of the NFL's highest paid defensive tackles."

"Certainly a player of Simon's caliber, a defender who can provide inside penetration and has the rare ability to collapse the pocket from the tackle spot, would only enhance the upfield rush skills of "edge" players such as star right end Dwight Freeney the league's defending sack champion."

"Simon, 28, has 32 career sacks and 105 quarterback hurries, numbers that illustrate his skills as a pass rusher. But the former Florida State star, who has one of the thickest lower bodies in the league, is also a solid defender against the run."

I have seen some fans here compare Simon to Ron Edwards. However, I think Simon would have been a great addition. IMO, Simon is a run-clogger similar to how Pat Williams was, and a pass rusher similar to Sam Adams. I think Sam Adams is better than Simon, but Simon is still excellent. My point is not only about Ron Edwards versus Simon, but a move like this would have also impacted Kelsey and made Sam's life easier. Simon collapses the pocket. But anyways, he is now with the Colts and this makes them an even scarier team.

I believe TD must have had other plans in mind, that is, he will not let Clements walk. McGee will not command a lot of money, so that leaves Nate as the only expensive priority. Last season it was Schobel, this season will hopefully be Nate.

By the way, letting Nate walk is not something we can make up for with depth IMO. To those who say we can get by with less than stellar DB's like the New England Patriots do, have you seen the costly mistakes we made this past season without Milloy and even Vincent in our lineup? Did you forget what happened when McGee was giving up completions and how some teams were burning us? And this preseason, do you see the difference it makes when Coy Wire is in the lineup instead of a solid DB with good coverage skills? Now, imagine our secondary without Nate. Our defensive style is not similar to New England's, and we need Nate to do what we do as a defense. We have no one to replace him, anywhere. It goes without saying. Plus, Milloy and Vincent are not getting younger. I can name 30 teams that would not have held the Colts's offense to 3 points if they had New England's secondary in that game. I really think TD is creative and can keep Nate without killing our team salary cap. Clements and McGee together is an excellent tandem.

Well, I've said enough, and my back hurts.

Peace!

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

Their defensive line wasn't a problem. It was their linebackers and secondary. They're still terrible on defense. Now if the spent that money on a cornerback I'd be more worried.
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

How can they afford this? That pretty much seals that edge is gone
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

I have to agree, that might just be what the Colts needed.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

better the colts than the fins. Nothing has made me believe that our run D is a problem, so far.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by casdhf
                      How can they afford this? That pretty much seals that edge is gone
                      That's my question also...if they had money to spare, why didn't they try and get a CB to shore up that secondary???

Anybody know any numbers yet?

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

LMAO

Simon is overrated. He may help the Colts some, but I don't forsee Simon putting the Colts "Over the Hump" defensively.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          LMAO

Simon is overrated. He may help the Colts some, but I don't forsee Simon putting the Colts "Over the Hump" defensively.
                          Agreed.
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Nic82
                            • Jul 2005

Indy better win this season because they will soon be in the same situation the Titans were this year - all capped out, having to cut several stars. All their star players are at the beginning of their long term contracts with smaller base salaries, but in a few years all their salaries will inflate at the same time and the Colts will be dead.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ddaryl
                              LMAO

Simon will make the Colts slightly better. And if their secondary can perform, they would be a difficult team to beat. I can't blame him for choosing the Colts over Miami though...

Comment

Working...
                              X