• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Miami currently getting whooped by Atlanta

Miami starters are currently getting trashed by Atlanta scrubs. The score is 13-3 so far, but it's been a bigger domination than it looks on the scoreboard. Just look at BJ Feeley's stats: 4/17 for 56 yds...4 completions out of 17 ???

Here are some stats at the half:

Miami:

Gus started: 2/3 for 10 yds, 0 int
    BJ Feeley: 4/17 for 56 yds, 1 int.

RBs:
    R. Brown: 5 atts, 25 yds
    R. Williams: 4 atts, 11 yds.

ATL:

Vick apparently only gave the ball to TJ Duckett and didn't make any pass attempts. He was only in for one session.
    M. Schaub: 6/12 for 78 yds, 0 int

Backup RBs are running all over Miami's so called highly vaunted D.

W. Dunn (1st string) did not dress.
    J. Wright (3rd string): - 9 atts, 42 yds
    TJ Duckett (2nd string): 7 atts, 28 yds
    M. Jackson (4th string FB): 1 att, 8 yds

E. Pruitt (3rd string FS): Intercepted BJ Feely's pass and ran it back 70 yds for a touchdown.
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Miami currently getting whooped by Atlanta

Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Miami starters are currently getting trashed by Atlanta scrubs. The score is 13-3 so far, but it's been a bigger domination than it looks on the scoreboard. Just look at BJ Feeley's stats: 4/17 for 56 yds...4 completions out of 17 ???

Here are some stats at the half:

Miami:

Gus started: 2/3 for 10 yds, 0 int
    BJ Feeley: 4/17 for 56 yds, 1 int.

RBs:
    R. Brown: 5 atts, 25 yds
    R. Williams: 4 atts, 11 yds.

ATL:

Vick apparently only gave the ball to TJ Duckett and didn't make any pass attempts. He was only in for one session.
    M. Schaub: 6/12 for 78 yds, 0 int

Backup RBs are running all over Miami's so called highly vaunted D.

W. Dunn (1st string) did not dress.
    J. Wright (3rd string): - 9 atts, 42 yds
    TJ Duckett (2nd string): 7 atts, 28 yds
    M. Jackson (4th string FB): 1 att, 8 yds

E. Pruitt (3rd string FS): Intercepted BJ Feely's pass and ran it back 70 yds for a touchdown.
    I love your sig...miami sucks but I find it so hillarious that a stud like RW said he's rather go smoke weed than play for Wanny.

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
      NJ In The House
      • Nov 2004

AJ always sucked, and always will!!!
      Gus just sucks less!

And this from a Fin fan!!!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by NJFINSFAN1
        AJ always sucked, and always will!!!
        Gus just sucks less!

And this from a Fin fan!!!
        So what is your best option right now?

1. Go with Gus and suffer through the season until you can draft a top QB of the draft next year
        2. Bring in a vet FA next year
        3. Bring in T. Couch?
        4. Bring in a QB that has been cut from another team (Rohan Davey) ?
        5. Make a trade for next year's 1st round (and possibly more) draft picks for someone like Phillip Rivers or someone that is decent ?

#1 may sound like the best option, but you have to remember that few QBs come in and can start and take off in the NFL. It could take awhile while they learn a new system - in which case, we are now talking about a few years until they can get acclimated...unless you also do 1a also to get you over in the meantime...it still means you are throwing this year away.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Sage appears to be doing pretty well - even if it's against ATL's 3rd and 4th stringers. Maybe they should've given him an opportunity to play with the starters...

Halfway throught he 4th quarter now and his stats are:

S. Rosenfals: 10/14 atts, 140 yds, 1 TD.

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
            NJ In The House
            • Nov 2004

1. Go with Gus and suffer through the season until you can draft a top QB of the draft next year
            3. Bring in T. Couch?
            5. Make a trade for next year's 1st round (and possibly more) draft picks for someone like Phillip Rivers or someone that is decent ?

#1 may sound like the best option, but you have to remember that few QBs come in and can start and take off in the NFL. It could take awhile while they learn a new system - in which case, we are now talking about a few years until they can get acclimated...unless you also do 1a also to get you over in the meantime...it still means you are throwing this year away.
            You have to start with # 1, Gus won the job, or I should say was the lesser of two evils.

I do understand what you are saying. In hindsight, Orton would look great in Aqua & Coral right now, and I wasn't high on him.

I think we go with Gus for the time being. I have always liked Sage, and he is playing well so far tonight (I know it's a against backups). But I would not be against giving him a shot.

All the AJ backers use the excuse that AJ needs time, and needs a year to see what he can do, but when you mention Sage to them, they for a lack of a better word, poo poo it!

Well my question to them is, if AJ deserves to play and needs time, why can't that be the same for Sage?

We will draft someone next year.

If Gus can play error free, he does not have to light it up. Remember we were in most of our games last year, turnovers killed us.

I have not given up on our year, but I have given up on AJ, he had the world in his hands, and he just did not grab the bull by the horns and take it!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• Static
              The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
              • Jul 2005

3. Bring in T. Couch?

I have to agree with option 1.......though i would still might bring in couch just to see what he has.......not like he is going to tank our season for us

Comment

• Fairway
                • Jul 2002

Hey feelthepain, Rickys back alright

Comment

• Samphin1
                  • Mar 2004

Funny how last week when Miami drove the ball down Tampa Bay's throat that no one reported on that. I guess I should expect that from a Bills site. And you guys say you aren't homers.

As for Atlanta driving on our vaunted d? Uhm, In case you haven't noticed, our d has taken a step back, secondly, it wasn't really against our starters either. Feeley's stats came AFTER Frerotte played. Thus, he wasn't starting either, thus, he isn't the starter. After tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't third string.

Really, I wouldn't be surprised to see Feeley get traded for a low round draft pick or just cut all together. I was thinking about this earlier and Saban owes nothing to the guy. He didn't trade for him, he didn't sign his extension, neither did Mueller for that matter. They basically inherited him and he really hasn't shown a reason to keep him around.

I don't have "sources" around Miami ( I do however have sources with Oakland, so if any of you want dirt or scoops on them, let me know, and yes, I CAN reveal my sources ), but don't be surprised if the AJ experience is nothing but a purple haze by week 6. Gotta love the Jimi reference!

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

as a fan I would think you would want AJ to be given the reins. GF is too seasoned to serve any purpose for you other than to win a few games. With AJ he might just come alive early and get you over the .500 mark. Plus I'd rather see you take a HUGE chance and get it handed to you

Comment

• im4bflo
                      the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                      • Sep 2003

It's good to see the fishfans mellowing as reality creeps ever so closer to what we've been telling them all along.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Samphin1
                        Funny how last week when Miami drove the ball down Tampa Bay's throat that no one reported on that. I guess I should expect that from a Bills site. And you guys say you aren't homers.

As for Atlanta driving on our vaunted d? Uhm, In case you haven't noticed, our d has taken a step back, secondly, it wasn't really against our starters either. Feeley's stats came AFTER Frerotte played. Thus, he wasn't starting either, thus, he isn't the starter. After tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't third string.

Really, I wouldn't be surprised to see Feeley get traded for a low round draft pick or just cut all together. I was thinking about this earlier and Saban owes nothing to the guy. He didn't trade for him, he didn't sign his extension, neither did Mueller for that matter. They basically inherited him and he really hasn't shown a reason to keep him around.

I don't have "sources" around Miami ( I do however have sources with Oakland, so if any of you want dirt or scoops on them, let me know, and yes, I CAN reveal my sources ), but don't be surprised if the AJ experience is nothing but a purple haze by week 6. Gotta love the Jimi reference!
                        Well, for one, TB sucks and might be one of the easy teams you can muster a win against...

You wouldn't be surprised to see Feeley get traded? Who would want Feeley??? I'd be tremendously surprised at any team that would decide to take this loser from you.

I think Saban should have given Sage more of a chance. He played well in the 2nd half yesterday and brought the fins back. I understand he's facing 3rd and 4th stringers, but still - he was apparently very poised in the pocket. Saban may need to start reconsidering Gus vs Sage. Since this season is essentially lost for you, he might as well give Sage a good try and see if he can work his way into a viable starter.

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

I think Miami gets a top 3 pick and takes Matt Leinart
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                          X