PDA

View Full Version : God bless Mularkey for starting the starters

X-Era
09-02-2005, 07:20 AM
This hasnt been talked about much but its time we throw Mularkey some prop's. He has gone against conventional wisdom and is reportedly set to play his starters as long as it takes tonight.

I aplaud the move. Many have felt the the o-line and Losman need the time to be ready for the season. How many games will this move mean in wins? Is it possible that this extra time will lead to an extra win or 2 considering the faster learning curve. Im glad they will be learning in pre-season rather than in the regular season.

Jan Reimers
09-02-2005, 07:35 AM
JP, our receivers and the O line definitely need as many series as they can get. I would hope Willis and the D wouldn't get as much work.

justasportsfan
09-02-2005, 07:41 AM
This hasnt been talked about much but its time we throw Mularkey some prop's. He has gone against conventional wisdom and is reportedly set to play his starters as long as it takes tonight.

I aplaud the move. Many have felt the the o-line and Losman need the time to be ready for the season. How many games will this move mean in wins? Is it possible that this extra time will lead to an extra win or 2 considering the faster learning curve. Im glad they will be learning in pre-season rather than in the regular season.will you be saying the same thing if someone get's injured? I'd play the starters for a couple of series but that's it. Keep JP in there throught the first half. We have Holcomb anyways, just in case and I have all the confidence in him.

mysticsoto
09-02-2005, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't play JP and WM for too long either - maybe the 1st quarter. I believe I read somewhere that Mariucci changed his mind and is only going to play his starters briefly. No doubt he saw film from our defense and got scared that they might hurt Harrington or Jones. I can't blame him for being scared and protecting his starters - much like the Colts did with Manning...

FlyingDutchman
09-02-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't play JP and WM for too long either - maybe the 1st quarter. I believe I read somewhere that Mariucci changed his mind and is only going to play his starters briefly. No doubt he saw film from our defense and got scared that they might hurt Harrington or Jones. I can't blame him for being scared and protecting his starters - much like the Colts did with Manning...
I think Harrington getting hurt would be a blessing in disguise for them...I hope JP stays in for at least a quarter to try to get some chemistry and fluidity. Keep Willis out however....

Marvelous
09-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Any fan who don't want JP to ploay tonight must really wanna have a sucky year. This kid is raw, and the only reason we are not 100% playoff bound. He needs all the playes he can get at the risk of injury......

OpIv37
09-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Any fan who don't want JP to ploay tonight must really wanna have a sucky year. This kid is raw, and the only reason we are not 100% playoff bound. He needs all the playes he can get at the risk of injury......

I agree, but on the other hand, JP needs to be in with the starters so our back-ups don't get him killed. I would worry about injuries to our o-line, McGahee or Evans.

ddaryl
09-02-2005, 01:05 PM
God Bless ??

That's a wasted blessing IMO. I'm all for playing our starters some more, but lets not waste font thinking of it as a religious event

carybillsfan
09-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Mularkey can go from hero to goat in a hurry if things go wrong!!