X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills' 'valuation' nearly doubles in 5 years

The way Forbes magazine adds it up, the Buffalo Bills are worth $708 million, up 11 percent from last year.
    As impressive as that figure is, the magazine, in its Sept. 5 issue, says the Bills are 25th most valued franchise in the 32-team National Football League. http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffa...ml?jst=b_ln_hl
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Re: Bills' 'valuation' nearly doubles in 5 years

Originally posted by The_Philster
    The way Forbes magazine adds it up, the Buffalo Bills are worth $708 million, up 11 percent from last year.
    As impressive as that figure is, the magazine, in its Sept. 5 issue, says the Bills are 25th most valued franchise in the 32-team National Football League. http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffa...ml?jst=b_ln_hl
    Doh! There go my dreams of owning the Bills when Ralph Wilson dies and I win
    the lottery...

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
      As impressive as that figure is, the magazine, in its Sept. 5 issue, says the Bills are 25th most valued franchise in the 32-team
      this is why I think the bills will stay. It may not make as much $$ as the other teams but because of the fans passion for the team, it's a sure thing on the business side of it.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

The bad news is that it will make the Death (Estate) Tax much higher for the Wilson family when Ralph passes.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• FreddyvsJason
          • May 2003

Ya, well let's turn some of that dough into a F'in Super Bowl championship!

Comment

• carybillsfan
            • Aug 2003

So now I pose this question, who in WNY will have the money to buy the team when Ralph passes??? Golisano doesn't have that kind of $$$

Comment

• Nic82
              • Jul 2005

Recent Company News
              » Buffalo Bills
              » Forbes Magazine
              » National Football League
              Latest News
              » SBA call center responds to Katrina
              » Pumps stay quiet at Delta Sonic
              » Jamestown CC adds online program
              » Bills' 'valuation' nearly doubles in 5 years
              » 16 libraries on checkout list
              More
              » Companies in the News
              » People in the News

As impressive as that figure is, the magazine, in its Sept. 5 issue, says the Bills are 25th most valued franchise in the 32-team National Football League.

Forbes annually ranks the value of each team. In 2000, the Bills were valued at $365 million, 21st overall. Team revenues are placed at $173 million, compared with $114 million five years ago. Operating income -- earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization -- is $36.1 million, nearly triple from $13.5 million in 2000.

The Washington Redskins again have the highest valuation at $1.26 billion, compared to $741 million five years ago. The lowest valued NFL franchise is the Minnesota Vikings at $658 million.
              I wonder what valuation method Forbes uses to get $708 million? The valuation method I like to use (6 times average free cash flow (average of last three years before sell date)+available cash+accounts receivable-accounts payable), which would probably value the Bills at least half the Forbes valuation. If the Bills own Ralph Wilson Stadium, Forbes probably used an asset-based valuation. But I am unsure if the Bills own the Stadium? I think they lease it???

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by carybillsfan
                So now I pose this question, who in WNY will have the money to buy the team when Ralph passes??? Golisano doesn't have that kind of $$$

Comment

Working...
                X