Why is it that when Miami does bad in the preseason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Why is it that when Miami does bad in the preseason...

everyone here laughs and says they're going to have a terrible year, but when Buffalo looks bad in preseason, it's "only preseason- stop being so negative- they'll be fine once the regular season starts?"

Just thought I'd throw that out there for discussion.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Why is it that when Miami does bad in the preseason...

Because it's the Fish...seeing them look bad even if it's meaningless is a beautiful thing
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

And b'cse Miami was bad last year also. To see "some" fin fans arguing like if Miami was a playoff calibre team (which some were at the start of preseason) is ridiculous. Also, b'cse of some members on this board (well...one) defending Feeley to death, he gets severely scrutinized and is under a microscope on anything he does. It will be fun to see how FTP rationalizes...err...wait, this is FTP were talking about...it will be fun to see how FTP homerizes Feeley's play yesterday...

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

I agree, we know both teams have their good days and bad, but the fact that they suck in any instance, means more. Its a homer thing
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

I haven't said anything about any team because preseason means jack. The Patriots got blown out by the Giants last night, I guess they'll suck ....
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            everyone here laughs and says they're going to have a terrible year, but when Buffalo looks bad in preseason, it's "only preseason- stop being so negative- they'll be fine once the regular season starts?"

Just thought I'd throw that out there for discussion.
            because to some of us, we are not as bad as you make it out to be. We are not where we are suppose to be but inspite of our struggles, we are improving and seeing some progress. Miami is regressing.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

The fish have look alarmingly bad in the preseason. Especially O-line, and QB. With the new system in place, you can already tell its going to be a long season for fin fans.

Comment

• Seventeen&0
                six&10
                • Apr 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                because to some of us, we are not as bad as you make it out to be. We are not where we are suppose to be but inspite of our struggles, we are improving and seeing some progress. Miami is regressing.
                Miami is not regressing. We can't get worse than we played this preseason.
                However, to people who just watch Sportcenter and don't really know whats going on with the Fins, it may seem that we're regressing. Actually, our OLine is getting better. Against Tampa (With Simion Rice in the line up) we gave up zero sacks. Huge improvement for us. Our running game will be much better than last year. Now the only question mark we really have is at QB. There are alot of teams with questions at QB, Buffalo has a question mark at QB...JP is promising, but still a question.
                I honestly thought Feeley would improve, but to this point I'd have him third behind Ferotte and Sage Rosenfels.
                Miami's improving and it's going to be a fun year. We are in the toughest division in football and the Fins have the hardest schedule in the league. We may not make the playoffs, but we are back on the right track.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Seventeen&0
                  However, to people who just watch Sportcenter and don't really know whats going on with the Fins, it may seem that we're regressing. Actually, our OLine is getting better. Against Tampa (With Simion Rice in the line up) we gave up zero sacks. Huge improvement for us. Our running game will be much better than last year. Now the only question mark we really have is at QB. There are alot of teams with questions at QB, Buffalo has a question mark at QB...JP is promising, but still a question.
                  I honestly thought Feeley would improve, but to this point I'd have him third behind Ferotte and Sage Rosenfels.
                  Miami's improving and it's going to be a fun year. We are in the toughest division in football and the Fins have the hardest schedule in the league. We may not make the playoffs, but we are back on the right track.
                  regressing compared to your first preseason game this year is what I meant. I cannot compare your team to last years because of the change in coaches and players.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                    • Apr 2005

Its the same schedule as everyone else in the AFC east....

Comment

• Seventeen&0
                      six&10
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      regressing compared to your first preseason game this year is what I meant. I cannot compare your team to last years because of the change in coaches and players.
                      I dunno, we were pretty bad in that one too. Usually, you can't look at the first and last preaseason games to give any indication of what a teams going to be like. Most analysts would say that the second to last game is the one that is the most telling. Ours was against Tampa and was our only win. We game planned a little, the starters played three quarters and opened up the offense and defense somewhat. It was by far our best game of the preseason. Zero sacks allowed by the OLine, Jason Taylor had two sacks, a deflected pass etc. etc. I'm hoping that is the team we field this year and not the one that played last night. We stunk it up pretty bad.

Comment

• Seventeen&0
                        six&10
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                        ESPN listed the toughest schedules in the league and had Miami as #1 hardest

Comment

• Seventeen&0
                          six&10
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
                          Also, it has to do with the order of the games. We have a stretch where we go to Cleveland then to Oakland, back home to Miami, back out to San Diego and then back home. Travel time is part of the equation.

Comment

• Samphin1
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                            The fish have look alarmingly bad in the preseason. Especially O-line, and QB. With the new system in place, you can already tell its going to be a long season for fin fans.

See, this is someone who doesn't watch the game itself, just spouts off what other homer Bilsl fans say. The fact is, the O-line has improved vastly these past two games. They are getting some pushes in the running game and maintaining their blocks in the passing game. The QB's have had time. The QB play however....

Comment

• finsrclowns
                              • Apr 2004

ESPN listed the toughest schedules in the league and had Miami as #1 hardest
                              Yeah, that's because the fins can't schedule a game with themselves.
                              finsrclowns

Comment

Working...
                              X