PDA

View Full Version : Holcomb's Show

juice
09-02-2005, 08:53 PM
This is the second week in a row that a bottom-feeding opposing offense has been able to move the ball on the Buffalo so-called "elite Defense" while the starters were in the game.

Last week a 1-dimensional Bears offense with Chutch under center was able to put up over 90 yds rushing in the 1st half with 2nd and 3rd string RBs and without any type of passing game what-so-ever, and a QB that was first demoted and then cut by the team.. this week against the Lions, League Joke Jeff Garcia was able to put together an impressive drive before being put out after a 30 yd scramble and even his backup was able to have success against our 1st Defense.

The question has to be asked if this defense with holes at DE, and DT will be able to carry the load until the young-un JPL comes around or is finally replaced by Holcomb.

Maybe the pressure needs to be taken off of the Defense by replacing JP with someone who can be more of a caretaker with the offensive unit and won't make the rookie mistakes. If the staff tries to force the JP issue the team may struggle to a 1-3 start, where if Holcomb is allowed to run the show until JP comes around this top 5 defense and top STs units are good enough to ride to a 3-1 start to the season meanwhile the young QB gets the practice reps he never got last year due to his injury.

It has become apparent that JP needs more time and this is why we brought Kelly to Buffalo, as an insurance policy.

www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050831/1069845.asp

HHURRICANE
09-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Juice, I don't always agree with you but I think you are right here!!

Novacane
09-02-2005, 08:59 PM
It's holcombs show until JP is ready? He'll never be ready if he does not play.

STAMPY
09-02-2005, 09:03 PM

Kelly may be better than JP Period. I always liked Kelly. As you can see from HolyHolcomb

Nic82
JP will be fine. Let him start now. Holcomb has played well against 3rd stringers. That's nothing to get excited about. JPs upside is something to get excited about! GO BILLS!

STAMPY
I always thought they should have fought for the strting job in camp. Don't hand him a job. Make JP earn it

Novacane
09-02-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm not going to argue that Holcomb is more prepared to start the season that JP is. He's a vet, he should be. Saying play Holcomb until JP is ready does not make sense though. The only way he'll get ready is with experience.

juice
09-02-2005, 09:44 PM
I'm not going to argue that Holcomb is more prepared to start the season that JP is. He's a vet, he should be. Saying play Holcomb until JP is ready does not make sense though. The only way he'll get ready is with experience.If Holcomb is more prepared to start because of his experience in the League, then it only makes sense that he should be the starter in Wk. 1 in order to give the team a better chance to get off to a good beginning to the season.. If you play a QB who hurts your chances to succeed as a team then you're effectivly giving up on the season.

You should always play the players that give the team the best chance to win immediatly, not try to bring a young QB along for the future when you have the talent on the defensive side of the ball and on STs to get you into the playoffs this year.

Expansion teams play players looking towards the future, such as the Texans with Carr a few years ago, contenders should always play to win.

im4bflo
09-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Juice and Stampy sound like the BILLSfans that left at halftime during the greatest comeback game against houston. The negative half.

STAMPY
10-07-2005, 07:59 PM
BUMP!

juice
10-07-2005, 08:14 PM
If the staff tries to force the JP issue the team may struggle to a 1-3 start, where if Holcomb is allowed to run the show until JP comes around this top 5 defense and top STs units are good enough to ride to a 3-1 start to the season meanwhile the young QB gets the practice reps he never got last year due to his injury. The staff pushed the issue with losman and the Bills are off to that 1-3 start.. the question now is if this TKO-Less defense is a strong enough unit to rally back from this terrible start with a Brutal schedule.

Mike13
10-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Thats true, but im sure JP will be brought back sometime this season, but if Donahue and Mularkey decide to flipflop QBs then things can get messy.

carybillsfan
10-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Juice I couldn't agree with you more, I don't care who is under center, I just want to win. With the way JP looked last week against the crappy aints defense, he'll get his a$$ chewed off by the fins...no thanks I didn't spend 2 bills on the NFL sunday ticket to pray for the return of Todd Collins every sunday.

juice
10-09-2005, 05:06 PM
Juice I couldn't agree with you more, I don't care who is under center, I just want to win. With the way JP looked last week against the crappy aints defense, he'll get his a$$ chewed off by the fins...no thanks I didn't spend 2 bills on the NFL sunday ticket to pray for the return of Todd Collins every sunday.Holcomb with a Todd Collins like performance gives this team exactly what it needs and allows Willis to be the workhorse in a ball control type offense.

Holcomb should've been the starter from Wk 1.. he was obviously more capable of running this offense than JP.

Mr. Cynical
10-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Miami ain't Tampa or Atlanta.

juice
10-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Miami ain't Tampa or Atlanta.Yeah your right.. Miami is in both our Conference and Division- Huge win for the Bills conference wise.

juice
10-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Miami ain't Tampa or Atlanta.:goodpost: