PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: DishNetwork Customers

SabreEleven
09-02-2005, 09:28 PM
NFL Network is on 154!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Crisis
09-02-2005, 09:32 PM
Seriously? I'm about to check.

JJamezz
09-02-2005, 09:33 PM
WOW - when did that happen, is it permanent??

SabreEleven
09-02-2005, 09:36 PM
I came home work and it was on....Showed some of the Bills game.

Nic82
09-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I was at my parents house about two weeks ago and I saw that dish network added the NFL network to its programming. I wonder if they will add an NFL Sunday Ticket type package as well?

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 12:33 AM
sorry guys i dont have it. :(

Dozerdog
09-03-2005, 12:34 AM
Unless Direct TV looses it's mind- the Dish network won't have the ticket. Direct TV has an exclusive contract on that for another number of years

Dr. Lecter
09-03-2005, 12:39 AM
This is awesome.

I now love my Dish even more.

Nic82
09-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Unless Direct TV looses it's mind- the Dish network won't have the ticket. Direct TV has an exclusive contract on that for another number of yearsWell, I guess Direct TV still has the edge in terms of best TV packages, but I do like Dish Network because it gives movie ratings.

gr8slayer
09-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Yeah but you cant get Sunday Ticket with it!

Samphin1
09-03-2005, 02:49 AM
Directv has exclusive rights for the NFL Suunday Ticket package...which is why I am a Directv subscriber. However, I was told by a salesmen that even if all their subscribers were to add the ticket, they would lose money on the deal. That is why they have these "superfan" packages now and and keep jacking the price of it up per year. They keep it because they keep getting more people each year to eventually make profit on the package deal. However, I suppose with the new deal signed a few years back, they took a hit in the near term.

guy
09-03-2005, 08:41 AM
cool!!!!!!!!!!! thanks

OpIv37
09-03-2005, 09:23 AM
Directv has exclusive rights for the NFL Suunday Ticket package...which is why I am a Directv subscriber. However, I was told by a salesmen that even if all their subscribers were to add the ticket, they would lose money on the deal. That is why they have these "superfan" packages now and and keep jacking the price of it up per year. They keep it because they keep getting more people each year to eventually make profit on the package deal. However, I suppose with the new deal signed a few years back, they took a hit in the near term.

I'm in the same case as you- I might not have DirecTV if it wasn't for Sunday ticket, and if they switch it to Dish Network I'll switch in a second. They more than make up for what they lose by selling monthly packages to Sunday Ticket subscribers.

JJamezz
09-03-2005, 10:06 AM

Yeah, I've heard that too, and man, it seems SO hard to believe that they're not making money on it.. I guess its because Directv wants to keep Sunday Ticket exclusive to themselves, and the NFL is raping them for it.

JJamezz
09-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Fortunately, I got in on Sunday Ticket early enough that I can still carry only that, without any of their regular programming. So I have Dish for that - Dish was just cheaper at the time and had a nice promotion running, otherwise I'd have went with Directv for everything.

Of course, now I have 35 little dishes on my roof... ;)