PDA

View Full Version : So was Losman really that bad?

OpIv37
09-03-2005, 09:18 AM
I won't get to see the game til NFL Network replays it tomorrow, but everything I've read so far has been pretty negative.....

FlyingDutchman
09-03-2005, 09:41 AM
yes....i know im gonna get crap for this but, I WANT HOLCOMB TO START. Nothing against JP, I know hes the future and we gotta be patient and wait it out but...F*** that...Im sick of waiting....we have a top defensive unit, top ST unit, and an offense that made the Lions look like the freakin '85 Bears. Im sick of JP pussy footing, making the wrong reads, starring down recievers, and throwing inaccurate balls. I know its preseason and all, but this guy isnt showing me anything...not one consistant drive, not even back to back good throws. I really didnt think it was possible for our offense to regress from last year, but right now it seems it may. Holcomb has outplayed JP the entire preseason and is the best QB on the team right now. I dont care if JP is the future, I want the best damn QB we have to be on the field. Im out of patience, I dont want to watch this season go down the tubes....Ive waited too F****** long....sorry guys, just gettin a little frustration out, right now Im scared for our team and at one time i was one of the more confident people about this up-coming season, now I dont know.....Ill be here through the good and the bad, but man I miss the good.....

Novacane
09-03-2005, 10:20 AM
He was not good but not as bad as some here are saying. His INT returned for a TD was a very bad throw. The other one was right on Aikens #'s but the DB stuck a hand in there and tipped it into the air where it was intercepted. Just a nice play by the D not a bad play by JP.

He had some very nice throws too. The long one to Moulds where the lions interferred looked like it would hit Moulds in stride. He looked good on the 2 minute drive until a holding penalty killed it. He also lead us to a TD but a holding penatly killed that too and then Lindell missed the FG.

Another thing........they passed a ton last night. I don't know if that was to get a look at the WR's or get JP more practice. Prolly both. That won't be our gameplan in the regular season so I don't put much stock in anything last night. Overall JP was average IMO.

Typ0
09-03-2005, 10:26 AM
everyone is so busy trashing JP because he can't pass...but I'm not seeing that. He's got a cannon for an arm and he can get the ball out of there so fast. JP is the whole package compared to todays NFL QBs...and even when he's struggled he seemed to dog if off quite well and get back to it. I have confidence in the kid.

Dozerdog
09-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Looked like a rookie QB.....one with potential and a learning curve ahead.

Bufftp
09-03-2005, 10:30 AM
everyone is so busy trashing JP because he can't pass...but I'm not seeing that. He's got a cannon for an arm and he can get the ball out of there so fast. JP is the whole package compared to todays NFL QBs...and even when he's struggled he seemed to dog if off quite well and get back to it. I have confidence in the kid.

I agree with you both. Hell has officially frozen over. :D

FlyingDutchman
09-03-2005, 10:31 AM
He was not good but not as bad as some here are saying. His INT returned for a TD was a very bad throw. The other one was right on Aikens #'s but the DB stuck a hand in there and tipped it into the air where it was intercepted. Just a nice play by the D not a bad play by JP.

He had some very nice throws too. The long one to Moulds where the lions interferred looked like it would hit Moulds in stride. He looked good on the 2 minute drive until a holding penalty killed it. He also lead us to a TD but a holding penatly killed that too and then Lindell missed the FG.

Another thing........they passed a ton last night. I don't know if that was to get a look at the WR's or get JP more practice. Prolly both. That won't be our gameplan in the regular season so I don't put much stock in anything last night. Overall JP was average IMO.
Good points, we did pass the ball a lot last night, and during the regular season Willis should open it up for JP a little, I just need to see some kind of consistency....its driving me nuts...Ive been counting down the days til Sept 11 since last January and I just hope Im not dissapointed...

frank74
09-03-2005, 11:18 AM
four drives by the first team, 0 points! that says it all. i don't think that who the bills decide to start as their qb is the main issue. where is the "smashmouth" running game? i think the running game is the issue. yeah, last year it came together and became quite a threat, but what about this year? there are bigger problems with this offensive unit right now and the running game in my opinion is the issue.

The last buffalo fan
09-03-2005, 11:25 AM
yes....i know im gonna get crap for this but, I WANT HOLCOMB TO START. Nothing against JP, I know hes the future and we gotta be patient and wait it out but...F*** that...Im sick of waiting....we have a top defensive unit, top ST unit, and an offense that made the Lions look like the freakin '85 Bears. Im sick of JP pussy footing, making the wrong reads, starring down recievers, and throwing inaccurate balls. I know its preseason and all, but this guy isnt showing me anything...not one consistant drive, not even back to back good throws. I really didnt think it was possible for our offense to regress from last year, but right now it seems it may. Holcomb has outplayed JP the entire preseason and is the best QB on the team right now. I dont care if JP is the future, I want the best damn QB we have to be on the field. Im out of patience, I dont want to watch this season go down the tubes....Ive waited too F****** long....sorry guys, just gettin a little frustration out, right now Im scared for our team and at one time i was one of the more confident people about this up-coming season, now I dont know.....Ill be here through the good and the bad, but man I miss the good.....

I can't blame you, and actually I would like to switch quaterbacks too, but it will only delay our pain, what JP needs is live action, not film, not mental reps, not more playbook, nothing but real and live action. It is only a hunch, nothing solid as you can see because the games we have played, but we will be fine. Besides, we can't unveil our playbook already, they have to earn we they are gonna get. So, please relax, go get the beer, prepare the oufit and let's go buffalo!!!!

Typ0
09-03-2005, 11:28 AM
four drives by the first time, 0 points! that says it all. i don't think that who the bills decide to start as their qb is the main issue. where is the "smashmouth" running game? i think the running game is the issue. yeah, last year it came together and became quite a threat, but what about this year? there are bigger problems with this offensive unit right now and the running game in my opinion is the issue.

that's where people go wrong in viewing the preseason games. we aren't really looking at the packages we will see in a real game. The coaches are picking certain dimensions of the game and working on them in chunks. There would never be an adjustment by the O to address what the defense is showing for example. They simply are sending the players out there and saying we are going to work on this section of our playbook at this time and each individual player has instructions to focus on certain areas of their game. Those are the things the coaches will use to make player evaluations...and quite often the coaches are interested not in the players that perform well during the game but the players that are consistent and the ones that can take direction and make adjustments as they are told. So it's hard to hold a lot of weight in how the team performs as a a whole in the preseason...we just have to trust the coaches and hope it comes together week 1.

frank74
09-03-2005, 11:34 AM
that's where people go wrong in viewing the preseason games. we aren't really looking at the packages we will see in a real game. The coaches are picking certain dimensions of the game and working on them in chunks. There would never be an adjustment by the O to address what the defense is showing for example. They simply are sending the players out there and saying we are going to work on this section of our playbook at this time and each individual player has instructions to focus on certain areas of their game. Those are the things the coaches will use to make player evaluations...and quite often the coaches are interested not in the players that perform well during the game but the players that are consistent and the ones that can take direction and make adjustments as they are told. So it's hard to hold a lot of weight in how the team performs as a a whole in the preseason...we just have to trust the coaches and hope it comes together week 1.
i respect that 100%, but i still feel that the o-line hasn't shown much at all.

bledslow
09-03-2005, 11:46 AM

stop it!he looked like garbagewith flys all around it. both pics were bad.on the slant pass,he should have thrown it a half second earlier and a litle harder.that way thedefender would not have been able toget his hands in there.that pic is jp's fault. --and what about that other pass where he starred down the receiver and threw a pass that hit right off the defenders chest. he should of brought that one back for a 85 yard td return,he lucked out there. long long long season ahead

bledslow
09-03-2005, 11:54 AM

having a strong arm and being able to pass are 2 completely different things.there are MANY qb in the league that can also be said to have a cannon(can there be a more overused word then cannon?) arm. he looks terrible,lost,and confused.

jpdex12
09-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Patience boyz! Let's let this thing unfold before we go lynching anyone!

TacklingDummy
09-03-2005, 12:10 PM
The return of Rob Johnson is now underway with JP Losman. Or should i say RJ Loserman.

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Im very happy with what i saw tonight. A QB who could move in the pocket. JP stayed in the pocket and made some nice throws. He made a bad throw in a tough situation. It was 3rd and 11. The lions played coverage, corners low, safties over the top. Everyone in the stadium including bly knew were that ball is going. I would like to see him hit some backs, or tightends with some passes, but he is looking better. Im concerned about our lines abilty to run. We have looked awful trying to run the ball. That deep ball on moulds looked real good, if moulds didn't trip it would have been a td.

FlyingDutchman
09-03-2005, 01:11 PM
I got an idea...STRETCH THE FIELD!!!!....we went long for the first time and the pass looked on and we got a penalty out of it. Maybe, just maybe we should try that again.....

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2005, 01:35 PM

I agree with you both. Hell has officially frozen over. :D
:grouphug: Me too!

Philagape
09-03-2005, 03:46 PM

This is why I say preseason football is sandlot Madden football. You cannot judge a team by it. Teams don't try to win. Every single year, there are teams that stink it up in preseason and have solid seasons, and vice-versa. Every year, and yet the whining always comes up.

Philagape
09-03-2005, 03:47 PM
having a strong arm and being able to pass are 2 completely different things.there are MANY qb in the league that can also be said to have a cannon(can there be a more overused word then cannon?) arm. he looks terrible,lost,and confused.

Hmmmmm that sounds vaguely familiar ............ Oh yeah, it's what we had for the past three years

Philagape
09-03-2005, 03:52 PM
So we've already improved on the status quo at QB .... Even if JP has been Drew-like as a passer, at least he can make plays with his feet.

The difference is that JP will learn and get better.