• Feb 2005

Facts for the Losman critics

Ok, for all you anti Losman clowns, heres some stats for ya:

att comp yds compl% yds/att TD TD% INT INT% Long Sack/lost rating

plyr 1- 43 25 335 58.1 7.8 1 2.3 2 4.7 38 2/3 71.4
    plyr 2- 70 38 352 54.3 5.0 1 1.4 2 2.9 26 6/56 61.1
    plyr 3- 24 17 149 70.8 6.2 1 4.2 2 8.3 20 3/9 66.1

Wanna guess who is who?

plyr 1- Roth in the 2004 pre-season against BACKUPS!!!
    plyr 2- JP this preaseason
    plyr 3- Pennington this preaseason

Sif Roth can play basically the same as JP against backups and then go on to win all those games, why cant JP?

• Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Facts for the Losman critics

only fact that matters...he looked terrible in the last two games...he HAS to play better starting next sunday.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• dannyek71
      Drink Responsibly
      • Dec 2004

He hasnt looked that terrible. Hes only made 1 real bad throw (int that got returned for touchdown)

Give the kid some time. Maybe he will turn out to be crappy (give him at least a season or 2)
      [

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        only fact that matters...he looked terrible in the last two games...he HAS to play better starting next sunday.
        no sh_t sherlock!

My arguement is agianst the anuses that think he must be Manning this year.

I only want him to reduce mistakes and be serviceable yet way too many around here want him to be McNabb in his first year.

He will be just fine, and hey even if he isnt, HE AINT COMING OUT OF THE GAME!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!

be mad, whine, cry, complain, JP is our starter and it aint changing! Mularkey said only under the nost extreme situations would he even consider it.

NUFF SAID!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

yeah stats dont mean anything to me. Im just not seeing it right now, Im not ready to write him off, but Im nervous as hell and we wont do anything this year if this problem on offense is fixed...id rather have kyle orton right now...Im not anti JP or anything so nobody jump down my throat, i just havent seen consistency on offense in like 10 years, and its just a bit annoying...

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WillisMcNasty21
            yeah stats dont mean anything to me. Im just not seeing it right now, Im not ready to write him off, but Im nervous as hell and we wont do anything this year if this problem on offense is fixed...id rather have kyle orton right now...Im not anti JP or anything so nobody jump down my throat, i just havent seen consistency on offense in like 10 years, and its just a bit annoying...
            Its absolutely annoying, its frustrating, I have been waiting for redemption since the SB losses.

I understand the anger and concern but what choice do we have?

We drafted a young QB, gave him a full year to learn the system, and then went to him after it was MORE than apparent we were headed down hill with Drew. Its the script that many of us had for the past 2 years. Its here, we are following the script and now everyone is concerned. Why?

Did anyone honestly believe that JP wouldnt have bad games? or that it would take time for him to sync with the O?

He certainly has displayed all the talent he needs but has to make good decisions in the games. The ONLY way to learn it is through experience. Some players like Manning take a full year to be worth a darn, others like Roth start out quicker. How long will it take with JP? Who knows. We just have to be patient.

I say by week 3 he plays at least as good as Drew last year and shows signs of being a star! And I think we go 3 of 4 in our first 4 games.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
              • Apr 2005

I hear ya man, I just feel like hes screwin up the simple things that he HAS to be able to do since we wont be asking thaaat much from him this year. His throws have been pretty inaccurate either throwing low, or behind recievers, or just nowhere near them at all, Ill back this kid up rain or shine, Im just frustrated as hell. I want this team to be good for so many reasons. Besides the fact that Im a die hard Bills fan, I really think this defense deserves to be on a winning team. They've been the heart and sole of this team the last couple of years, and they deserve some help on the other side of the ball..(I bet i dont even know what frustration is compared to what those guys have been through the last couple of years)....Im so ready for this Sunday, LETS F****** DO THIS!

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

I hear ya man, I just feel like hes screwin up the simple things that he HAS to be able to do since we wont be asking thaaat much from him this year. His throws have been pretty inaccurate either throwing low, or behind recievers, or just nowhere near them at all, Ill back this kid up rain or shine, Im just frustrated as hell. I want this team to be good for so many reasons. Besides the fact that Im a die hard Bills fan, I really think this defense deserves to be on a winning team. They've been the heart and sole of this team the last couple of years, and they deserve some help on the other side of the ball..(I bet i dont even know what frustration is compared to what those guys have been through the last couple of years)....Im so ready for this Sunday, LETS F****** DO THIS!
                you must not have been watching the games...for every bad throw he's made he's made five good ones and one only a few other QBs in the league can make. I wish I had a dollar for every time Favre threw a bad ball I'd be rich...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                  you must not have been watching the games...for every bad throw he's made he's made five good ones and one only a few other QBs in the league can make. I wish I had a dollar for every time Favre threw a bad ball I'd be rich...
                  I go beyond watching, I practically scout our team. I hope your seein somethin Im not, I dont doubt his arm strength and release (hes got a cannon and throws a beautiful ball), I just havent seen any lick of consistency with accuracy. I feel like hes almost trying to place the ball too much instead of just throwing. He just gotta relax and get some confidence and I believe he'll be alright. I dont doubt his potential, I guess im just impatient and I expect a lot from him. Hes got the weapons, so there is no reason not to succeed. Im just so ready to kick the Texans ass, and I dont want to see an offensive showing like we've seen the last two weeks....

Comment

• Typ0
                    honey pie
                    • Jul 2002

I go beyond watching, I practically scout our team. I hope your seein somethin Im not, I dont doubt his arm strength and release (hes got a cannon and throws a beautiful ball), I just havent seen any lick of consistency with accuracy. I feel like hes almost trying to place the ball too much instead of just throwing. He just gotta relax and get some confidence and I believe he'll be alright. I dont doubt his potential, I guess im just impatient and I expect a lot from him. Hes got the weapons, so there is no reason not to succeed. Im just so ready to kick the Texans ass, and I dont want to see an offensive showing like we've seen the last two weeks....
                    I agree...he has to enjoy some success and the confidence will come. He does seem to be overthinking things...but I think that's a function of the vast preperations he's made on paper and not having executed it enough. I have confidence it's going to come together for him and he's prepared to make it work.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                      • Mar 2003

I'm coming all the way from chicago to watch the opener, they better damn win.

I was at last years opener too, that bit the dust.
                      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Jeff1220
                        H to the 12:20
                        • Jul 2002

Remember 2002 - the year that Drew made the ProBowl and Peerless had a career season. The Bills were all offense and no defense that year. Does anyone know how the O looked during the 2002 preseason? I couldn't find stats on that. I just wanted to compare a bit.

Comment

• im4bflo
                          the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                          • Sep 2003

We just need him to be better than Drew last year, I think we're getting that now, and it will get better. I'm cool with that. Patience my friends...
                          GO BILLS!

Comment

• Tasker
                            • Aug 2005

People need to keep in mind....error prone Quarterbacking has wasted the last what....6 seasons?

YES YES other than the bledsoe, price year.....But they quickly let price get away, and Bledsoe apparently decided to stop working and keep getting paid the next year.

The FLutie/RJ thing left Bills fans with no patience. And to make matters worse they let Flutie get away? One of the most positive role models in Buffalo History and an absolutely perfect backup and teammate.

You need to play the person putting up the numbers and commanding the respect of the players around him, PAYCHECKS...draft order and all that other BS aside.

If Holcomb plays better, he should play from the start.

There is no acceptable learning curve at the start of a season after watching a slow start ruin all of last year.

Our defense deserves better than that. They showed enough patience last year.

An opening game loss to a mediocre Houston team would be a very damaging loss. It would remind us of last year, and give away a "must win" type of matchup.

The Houston, New Orleans and Tampa game are huge macthups considering how difficult the end of the season will be. We can not afford to be 7-6 after 13 weeks of play.

No more loyalty based on anything other than performance. If you show the ability you earn the respect and position....everything else is unfair to the very patient fans....AND OUR VERY PATIENT DEFENSE.

I will never forgive Bledsoe for his complete lack of competitive effort last year.

He single handedly crushed a franchise that deserved to be about 11-5 last year, and he never looked like he cared that he was doing that.

SO

If Losman gets very little patience, he needs to understand our perspective.
                            Greatest Special Teamer in NFL History
                            #89 Steve Tasker

Bills backer
                            Buffalo Bills Blog

Comment

• camelcowboy
                              • Mar 2005

We are great in Defense, Special teams, and we have a solid running back. It should be more then enought to help Losman get his flow in the first 5 games before the schedule gets too tought.

Comment

Working...
                              X