PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one happy with the preseason?

Crisis
09-03-2005, 12:52 PM
The only two things that matter in preseason IMO...

Our back-ups were excellent. Especially on defense. We have more depth in the secondary this year, and we got a chance to bring along more players. We also have two good back-ups to replace Travis.

But more importantly, WE'RE HEALTHY. Milloy getting hurt in preseason last year killed us (I honestly think we go 11-5 last year if he doesn't get hurt). We have no major injuries, and all our starters are going into the year 100%. We have a system in place, and now we get to see that system in full force with real gameplanning.

BAM
09-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I am happy with it too. Definitely a healthy preseason is a good thing.

The only thing that sucks is Everett got hurt (before preseason I know) and Parrish' injury could be a factor for the first couple games. I think he's going to help a lot this season... third downs anyway.

FlyingDutchman
09-03-2005, 01:00 PM
I am extremely happy with our depth at every position except Oline, and DE. I agree Bam, IMO those losses were bigger than we think. We need Roscoe back, and Everett will give a huge boost....

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Im really happy, im excited about what i have seen from losman. Hell he looks better then Boller! and better then drew!

Dozerdog
09-03-2005, 01:47 PM
After game 2- with a solid scrimmage and excellent efforts vs the Colts and Pack- I might have let my optimism climb a bit.

However, I'm not ready to slit my wrists over the last 2 games.

We have flaws- and I'm confident we can put a gameplan together that is adaptable to this team's strengths & weaknesses

Tatonka
09-03-2005, 02:03 PM
i am excited and confident that losman will improve over the coarse of the season, and that early on, while losman may struggle some.. our team overall is good enough to get us past the texans.

Typ0
09-03-2005, 02:08 PM
I'm happy and pleased with the move to Losman. I hope the kid comes on strong sooner than later...but I can clearly see he's the whole package at QB and he's going to make plays. I know a lot of people are saying he just has to not lose games but I don't see it that way at all. We didn't draft the guy and put him in there so he could be Dilfer. The coaches have been working on his decision making and I have seen and been happy with his progress in that area. I expect next week he's going to be let loose and while there will be growing pains he's also going to make plays that give us a better chance to win ball games.

Dozerdog
09-03-2005, 02:09 PM
The good thing is that unlike the Gregg Williams Era, theis coaching staff will not try the same predictable plays over and over- especiallly if it doesn't work.