PDA

View Full Version : Hey is anyone concerned about our running game?

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 04:46 PM
I hear all this crying about JP, but Wills has had no holes in the preseason whatsoever. Our O-line has been better then i thought it would in pass protection, but I have seen very little push in the rushing game. Thats my biggest concern about this years team, everything is going to revolve on the run. How long the Defense is on the field, taking the pressure of JP. Wearing down the other teams D. I would have liked to see wills rip off atleast on big run.

TacklingDummy
09-03-2005, 04:50 PM
The Oline will be the excuse this year. Just like in past years. Won't be Golden Boy JP's fault.

Philagape
09-03-2005, 04:52 PM
You can't judge a running game by the first quarter or even half. It takes a full game to develop.

And this goes for any position. A football game is 60 minutes ... 60 minutes of trying to win. The NFL has yet to see a football game in 2005. Preseason games are scrimmages played under full rules and time. It's practice.

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 04:53 PM
The Oline will be the excuse this year. Just like in past years. Won't be Golden Boy JP's fault.Im very happy with the pass protection. Yeah i already know your view. JP is Rojo and will never be better then these preseason games. :rolleyes: move on!

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 05:06 PM
You can't judge a running game by the first quarter or even half. It takes a full game to develop.

And this goes for any position. A football game is 60 minutes ... 60 minutes of trying to win. The NFL has yet to see a football game in 2005. Preseason games are scrimmages played under full rules and time. It's practice.
Yeah, but it would be nice if they had a little more success in these tune up games.

TacklingDummy
09-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah, but it would be nice if they had a little more success in these tune up games.

Well the Defense has looked good. Let's look at the positives not the negatives.