The_Philster
09-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Dyson? :jawdrop:

FB Chris Fuamatu-mafala Fooooooooooo!!

X-Era
09-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Dyson? :jawdrop:
Fooooooooooo!!
Absolutely!!!!!!! Love the guy, will he comeback home to roost with Mularkey?

X-Era
09-03-2005, 06:11 PM
Do I deserve a back pat for posting and having more cuts than NFL.com?

What the hell are they doing over there?

X-Era
09-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Vikes notables:

P Travis Dorsch

X-Era
09-03-2005, 06:40 PM
a few more Den cuts:

LB Jashon Sykes
RB Quinton Griffin
QB Matt Mauck
DT Dorsett Davis

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 06:44 PM
a few more Den cuts:

LB Jashon Sykes
RB Quinton Griffin
QB Matt Mauck
DT Dorsett Davis
Cut Joe Burns and pick up Griffin as a third down back

X-Era
09-03-2005, 06:53 PM
I cant disagree with that at all!!!!

People here have slammed moves like that before but it makes no sense to me.

Anytime you can upgrade ANY position be it starting or backup, you should do it. Griffin is one hell of a RB IMO.

X-Era
09-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Ya know, you can make a strong arguement that we dont have a solid backup RB, Griffin could very well be that!

The Spaz
09-03-2005, 06:54 PM

I don't know what the obsession with Joe Burns is either but we don't need Griffin we already have Shaud Williams and Lionel Gates.

X-Era
09-03-2005, 06:56 PM
So your claiming that S Williams and/or Gates are better than Q Griffin? That doesnt seem logical to me.

The_Philster
09-03-2005, 06:57 PM
So your claiming that S Williams and/or Gates are better than Q Griffin? That doesnt seem logical to me.They have at least one advantage over Griffin..they know the system

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 06:57 PM
If Griffins knee is ok, then he is faster then Shaud. Griffin has speed and he is a better receiver then both. If Mcgahee is the thunder, then Griffin can be a stud, on draws and out of the back field.

X-Era
09-03-2005, 06:58 PM
RB might just be the EASIEST position to learn the system on the whole team, well with the exception of the K and P.

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 06:59 PM
They have at least one advantage over Griffin..they know the system
Come on phil, running back is the easiest postion to learn, why are so many rookies running backs affective the first year starting.

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 07:01 PM
How about fred Gibson? He would be a good practice squad signing. He was a stud at georgia, only knock on him is he is having a hard time adjusting to the pro game.

The_Philster
09-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Come on phil, running back is the easiest postion to learn, why are so many rookies running backs affective the first year starting.Gates is a rookie too...and had a few months to learn the playbook...Griffin would need a crash course. It's true RB is an easier position to learn, but it's still one advantage they have over him...however small

X-Era
09-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Gibson, Cro Thorpe either are better than J Smith and Chauncey Stovall is better than Aiken, IMO

camelcowboy
09-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Thrope can't be that good, A team starving for receivers let him walk.

Michael82
09-03-2005, 08:19 PM
a few more Den cuts:

LB Jashon Sykes
RB Quinton Griffin
QB Matt Mauck
DT Dorsett Davis
Quentin Griffin??? Another sign that anybody can run behind that Denver OL. Didn't he have a 1000 yard season last year or the year before?

FlyingDutchman
09-03-2005, 08:22 PM
:comedy: Good to see Bobby Shaw is still tearin it up...

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2005, 08:27 PM

WTF do you have against Burns? Sure he isn't a great RB but he is a very good special teams player, knows how to play RB AND FB and will do whatever it takes.

Besides, Shaud Williams is already our 3rd down back and I think he is bigger than Griffin.

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2005, 08:30 PM
So your claiming that S Williams and/or Gates are better than Q Griffin? That doesnt seem logical to me.

Yes they are better than him. He also doesn't seem to be able to stay healthy. We already have enough players like that.

Michael82
09-03-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm interested in OT Anthony Clement or even OT Wesley Britt. and I'm also interested in OG Brandon Winey. Our OL depth scares the hell out of me. :scared: :nervous:

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Quentin Griffin??? Another sign that anybody can run behind that Denver OL. Didn't he have a 1000 yard season last year or the year before?

No, he had an opening great game against KC I think last year and then got hurt. He didn't do anything after that.

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm not too concerned right now with OL depth. I would like to know if any good kickers are out there. Who did Minnesota release?

Michael82
09-03-2005, 08:34 PM
WTF do you have against Burns? Sure he isn't a great RB but he is a very good special teams player, knows how to play RB AND FB and will do whatever it takes.

Besides, Shaud Williams is already our 3rd down back and I think he is bigger than Griffin.
Keeping Burns is a waste of a roster space IMO.

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2005, 08:40 PM
Keeping Burns is a waste of a roster space IMO.

He's a third/fourth running back and you need a guy who is versatile . Him being a very good special teams player makes him a good player.

X-Era
09-03-2005, 08:58 PM
BTW, Reshard Lee got canned again bythe Vikes, this guy sucks

FlyingDutchman
09-03-2005, 09:18 PM
already? how long was he there?

Michael82
09-03-2005, 09:19 PM
:rofl:

That didn't last that long.

MarvLevy
09-03-2005, 09:29 PM
i think they see joe burns backing up the rb anf fb positions. thats y they always seem to keep his useless ass.

Samphin1
09-03-2005, 09:36 PM
To make a case for Donald Lee, I know you guys need a TE. I can't put my finger on why he hasn't tapped it, but he has tons of talent. He can block better than any TE on the fins roster but he has had a bad case of drops since last season. If you guys can get his head on, he would be a solid addition. Having said that, I hope he excels somewhere in the NFC...away from us.

Knowing our luck, New England will pick him up and he will make the most unbelievable catch ever to win the Super Bowl...

X-Era
09-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Raiders notables, some we should think seriously about:

OG CJ Brooks- Maryland drafted this year. I love this kid, hes a very good player
C Vince Carter
TE Rickey Dudley
DT Antaj Hawthorne- playmaking DT who got busted for drugs before the draft this year
OT Robert Hicks- this makes me laugh

Dozerdog
09-03-2005, 09:59 PM
Does anybody step back and ask this basic question-

WHY DID THEY GET CHOPPED IN THE FIRST PLACE???

They either suck- or got hurt....or both

Samphin1
09-03-2005, 10:18 PM
Does anybody step back and ask this basic question-

WHY DID THEY GET CHOPPED IN THE FIRST PLACE???

They either suck- or got hurt....or both

Hawthorne of the Raiders does not suck. He had something like eight tackles and a sack this preseason. Pretty good for a DT. He got pinched on the numbers game. This guy is talented as all heck and I would love to see him in Miami. He and Ricky can become roommates for all I care. He is a talented DT to add to any rotation.

capitolneal
09-03-2005, 10:24 PM
Hawthorne of the Raiders does not suck. He had something like eight tackles and a sack this preseason. Pretty good for a DT. He got pinched on the numbers game. This guy is talented as all heck and I would love to see him in Miami. He and Ricky can become roommates for all I care. He is a talented DT to add to any rotation.
Sad to agree but he had 1st round talent and ot the drug charge I would love this guy in Buffalo but character issues we might not know about alot of teams are big on that ( though I didb't think the raides as one of them)

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2005, 10:55 PM
I can see now why we released Tucker. Pucillo was cut today by the Browns.

Bert102176
09-03-2005, 10:56 PM
I like OT Anthony Clement wouldn't mind us taking a look and a try out

BuffaloRanger
09-03-2005, 11:07 PM
KC notables:

CB Ashley Ambrose
RB Dee Brown
WR Craphonso Thorpe
QB Johnathan Quinn

Did his mother really name him "Craphonso"?

Do his friends call him crap for short?

Any chance he's white?

capitolneal
09-03-2005, 11:10 PM
:lmao: :lmao:
Did his mother really name him "Craphonso"?

Do his friends call him crap for short?

Any chance he's white?

BuffaloRanger
09-03-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm not too concerned right now with OL depth. I would like to know if any good kickers are out there. Who did Minnesota release?

I'm sorry, do you realize by Oline depth you are talking about Peters,(1st year at OT), Geisenger (Rookie), Preston (Rookie), and Jermane (Fin reject)? How is that decent depth?

TD has done lost his mind!

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2005, 11:14 PM
I'm sorry, do you realize by Oline depth you are talking about Peters,(1st year at OT), Geisenger (Rookie), Preston (Rookie), and Jermane (Fin reject)? How is that decent depth?

TD has done lost his mind!

My point being that I'm more concerned with our starting kicker who isn't very good. I try not to concern myself with backups. I try to be optimistic and hope the starters stay healthy.

BuffaloRanger
09-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Olineman get hurt, especially average ones who get physically overpowered by opponents.

I worry that the offense won't be able to move the ball into Lindell's range (pretty funny) even with the good field position the defense/ST will provide them.

camelcowboy
09-04-2005, 02:49 AM

What do i have against burns? Well same thing i have against Josh Reed. They suck! A player like Haddad and Ritzman bust their ass and make nothing but plays in camp and preseason, and we keep two players in my mind who have done nothing. Yeah, their good on special teams, so was Sammy Morris, and Phil Crosby, didn't stop us from giving them their walking papers.

Besides, Our special teams is a bye products of better coaching, and a willingness to use starters. I don't think the wheels would have fallen off if burns was cut.

The_Philster
09-04-2005, 04:46 AM
I can see now why we released Tucker. Pucillo was cut today by the Browns.If you're even remotely suggesting...:shakeno:

Topdog
09-04-2005, 04:51 AM
I'm not too concerned right now with OL depth. I would like to know if any good kickers are out there. Who did Minnesota release? They let Ellings go, Injured Hip..... so hes out!

Bill Brasky
09-04-2005, 06:07 AM
Hugh Douglas... he was released by Philly

chernobylwraiths
09-04-2005, 07:48 AM
They let Ellings go, Injured Hip..... so hes out!

Dammit!

chernobylwraiths
09-04-2005, 07:54 AM
What do i have against burns? Well same thing i have against Josh Reed. They suck! A player like Haddad and Ritzman bust their ass and make nothing but plays in camp and preseason, and we keep two players in my mind who have done nothing. Yeah, their good on special teams, so was Sammy Morris, and Phil Crosby, didn't stop us from giving them their walking papers.

Besides, Our special teams is a bye products of better coaching, and a willingness to use starters. I don't think the wheels would have fallen off if burns was cut.

Top special teams in the league last year. I'm thinking that Mularkey might just give Bobby April 5 players of his own. Dorenbos, Moorman, Lindell :puke:, and maybe Reed and Burns. Who knows, but special teams is a big part of the game as we all know. Remember when we were a power in the early 90's (or maybe you don't) special teams had a lot to do with it. It wasn't until much later in his career that Tasker got a chance to play ANY WR. But he wasn't the only one. Even when he was limited on special teams because he started returning kicks and playing WR, our special teams still were pretty good because of one guy, a guy who wasn't a good player at anything else, Mark Pike. And Tasker will say that Pike was just as important to the Bills special teams success than he was if not more. Pike was the wedge buster if I'm not mistaken. If they are good special teams players and can contribute on the field offensively some times, I will cut them some slack.

Nic82
09-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Raiders signed Hawthorne to Practice Squad today Sept. 4th.
http://www.raiders.com/team/transactions.jsp