PDA

View Full Version : Todd France?

Bulldog
09-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Todd France was cut by the Bucs today. With Lindell's recent struggles, think Buffalo will bring him in for a look? Here's a quick assesment from Fanball :

Buccaneers: Bryant wins battle, France among cuts
The News

Matt Bryant has emerged victorious over Todd France in the battle for the Buccaneers kicking job. The Bucs released France and 19 other players on Saturday. The team's official website reports that the following players are on the cut list: safety Hamza Abdullah, linebacker Josh Buhl, gurad Jonathan Clinkscale, defensive end Delbert Cowsette, offensive tackle Derrick Deese, linebacker Matt Grootegoed, tight end Will Heller, center Scott Jackson, offensive tackle Sam Lightbody, wide receivers Derek McCoy, Terrence Metcalf, and DeAndrew Rubin, cornberback James Patrick, safety Kalvin Pearson, defensive end Josh Savage, defensive tackle Bryan Save, punter Brian Simnjanovski, linebacker Jermaine Taylor, running back Derek Watson, and defensive end Andrew Williams.
Our View

Both kickers performed well this summer, but the Bucs apparently opted for experience ahead of youth. France was perfect in preseason games and nearly perfect in practices this summer, so he should catch on elsewhere.

I would say at this point that Buffalo can't be extremely happy with Lindell. I don't think it would hurt to bring him in for a look.

capitolneal
09-03-2005, 10:29 PM
NO... Lindell must have pictures of TD blowing a dog or something to still be here... he suxs you know it, I know it, TD knows it but...... its the damn photos

Bulldog
09-03-2005, 10:45 PM
NO... Lindell must have pictures of TD blowing a dog or something to still be here... he suxs you know it, I know it, TD knows it but...... its the damn photos

I just don't understand how Buffalo hasn't at least brought somebody in to compete with him. He's not that good. Any chance that TD surprises us and makes a move? Maybe Buffalo was just waiting to see who got cut from the other teams. Elling, the kicker from Minn. wouldn't be a bad option, but he messed up his groin in the preseason. It's pretty obvious to me that Lindell isn't the answer.

chernobylwraiths
09-03-2005, 10:51 PM
I could foresee a bunch of moves. TD has made several moves before days after the cutdown. I think Elling who battled with Edinger in Minnesota would be worth a shot as well. :idunno:

capitolneal
09-03-2005, 11:07 PM
I would take grammatica over him this guy is bad and think back to the late 80s we always had good kickers Norwood (except w right) christie this guy doesn't fit that mold graham is killing it in cinncy he would have been a better option and we payed this guy big dough, elling would be nice or even cundiff if he gets healthy

Bulldog
09-03-2005, 11:19 PM
I could foresee a bunch of moves. TD has made several moves before days after the cutdown. I think Elling who battled with Edinger in Minnesota would be worth a shot as well. :idunno:

Elling hurt his groin. I'm not sure how serious it is, but I don't think he's the answer either.

JJamezz
09-04-2005, 10:16 AM

:rofl:

X-Era
09-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Dont know him, is he decent?

deathadder
09-04-2005, 10:40 AM
Dont know him, is he decent?

No. Just face it fellas. There is no one better out there to upgrade the kicker position. Maybe next year. I would rather keep Lindell than get a guy who was cut!!