PDA

View Full Version : I looked at the cuts and I'm not impressed

clumping platelets
09-04-2005, 01:35 AM
So few players caught my eye. I wrote down 4 names:

DT Dorsett Davis and DE Anton Palepoi ares till eligible for waiver claims

DT Cletidus Hunt and FB Jon Ritchie are UFAs but I believe do have some injury baggage

That's it IMHO.....I would have liked Peter Warrick though and dumped Reed

Throne Logic
09-04-2005, 01:41 AM
Yeah, pickin's are slim. I don't see TD bringing anyone in off of this list. Maybe put a couple on the PS, but that's it.

Damn, but that O-Line scares me. One injury and that unit goes from barely average to barely there at all. JP may as well be taking snaps in the middle lane of the Thruway.

billsburgh
09-04-2005, 01:50 AM
Thats why I was so surprised to see Tucker let go. There is no experienced backups on the line. if anyone gets hurt, were in big trouble.

jamze132
09-04-2005, 09:25 AM
McNally doesn't have the resume he has for making stupid decisions. Let's give him a chance. I just hope that he had full atonomy with who stayed and who strayed.

X-Era
09-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Not sure I agree, love ya, but not so sure Im with you here.

OT Anthony Clement or Wesley Britt can certainly fill in the backup RT spot, who do we have now? NO ONE according to BB.com

DE Hugh Douglas? vet minimum for one year? Who would you rather have Douglas or Lavale Sape? Come on.

Would you rather have Johnathan Smith or Fred Gibson or Kevin Dyson?

How about Antaj Hawthorne or Lavale Sape?

These arent tough choices to me.

djjimkelly
09-04-2005, 09:59 AM
i dont get the tucker move at all in fact i think this is a bit messed. i truly think our offense and running game not only picked up when mcgahee entered then lineup but i think it had alot to do with tucker coming in at center. curious move but ill go with some blind faith like we are always forced too!

G. Host
09-04-2005, 10:01 AM

That is why you are not in charge. Each of the choices are tough for GMs. They get input from coaches and other personel people. They weigh short term vs long term, costs, whether a player will fit, whether a veteran can adjust and last a season, dealing with agents.

It is not as simple as looking at preseason stats and saying "this is it.".

X-Era
09-04-2005, 10:08 AM
Dont you have better things to do over at the Stadiumwall nursing home? Im sure there are plenty of bitter old men with pat answers and quick cynical comebacks over there to keep you happy.

I still can scan that board and it ammazes me how much of it is non-football related garbage. Probably over 75% of the topics are OT at any given time.

You seem better suited for that board, the attitudes here are much much better and probably NOT suited to your taste.

It would have been so easy to leave out the "thats why you arent in charge" part, but you have been sucked into the Stadiumwall borg and thats their style. I doesnt fit very well here, youjust stand out as an assclown.

That Guy
09-04-2005, 10:08 AM

OT Anthony Clement or Wesley Britt can certainly fill in the backup RT spot, who do we have now? NO ONE according to BB.com

DE Hugh Douglas? vet minimum for one year? Who would you rather have Douglas or Lavale Sape? Come on.

No matter what is the case... these guys still didn't make a team.

I love Fred Gibson's size and potential... but he didn't make a Pittsburgh team with a shaky receiving corps.

And those veteran minimum one year deals don't always work out. The last one of those deals we got was Jason Gildon. In many circumstances, a team will hold onto a fading veteran for too long... so when they are released.. they've worn their usefulness down to barely a backup. Hugh Douglas has been cut twice now by teams that have previously invested in him.

X-Era
09-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Thats true, but its much more complex than that. Most of us, especially me, dont fully know the other teams situations at each position. For example, Fred Gibson may have not made the Steelers squad because they have Randle El and Ward and he didnt fit their mold. I have no idea what the deal is but it isnt unheard of that one teams cast off is another teams gem.

X-Era
09-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Theres a pause in his response because hes over at Stadiumwall trying to rally the AARP troops to decend on me here. Watch it happen.

kevinj22
09-04-2005, 10:20 AM
Thats why I was so surprised to see Tucker let go. There is no experienced backups on the line. if anyone gets hurt, were in big trouble. That's why I gotta believe that he has Verba in his sights. You are not going to weaken yourself at the most important position on the field (O-Line) without a back up plan. So expect to hear something in the next few days.

Dozerdog
09-04-2005, 10:22 AM
OK- if another poster annoys you because of their opinions just put them on ignore.

Personal attacks aren't allowed.

Don't like 'em? Don't read 'em.

Dozerdog
09-04-2005, 10:24 AM
That's why I gotta believe that he has Verba in his sights. You are not going to weaken yourself at the most important position on the field (O-Line) without a back up plan. So expect to hear something in the next few days.
I think Clumpy brought up a good point. If you do go after a Verba or anyone else AFTER game 1, you don't have to guarantee their salary for the year.

A very sound option if the player has potential injury issues

X-Era
09-04-2005, 10:25 AM
nuff said, g. host ignore/on

I WILL say that I love this board compared to SW. Its SO much better.

X-Era
09-04-2005, 10:25 AM
Thats a new one to me and one hell of an option!

The_Philster
09-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Dont you have better things to do over at the Stadiumwall nursing home? Im sure there are plenty of bitter old men with pat answers and quick cynical comebacks over there to keep you happy.

I still can scan that board and it ammazes me how much of it is non-football related garbage. Probably over 75% of the topics are OT at any given time.

You seem better suited for that board, the attitudes here are much much better and probably NOT suited to your taste.

It would have been so easy to leave out the "thats why you arent in charge" part, but you have been sucked into the Stadiumwall borg and thats their style. I doesnt fit very well here, youjust stand out as an assclown.drop the attacks please

X-Era
09-04-2005, 10:28 AM
I already have.

mysticsoto
09-04-2005, 10:40 AM

I'm a little worried about the Oline too but I think we are not done with whatever TD is planning. I don't think Tucker has been let go of completely. Still, I wouldn't mind them checking out some other talent. I think Geisinger is one of the worst people I've seen since Pucillo. I know he's a rookie, but still. I also believe that TD has in the back of his mind that Bannan could also contribute on the Oline if necessary. And right now, I would rather Bannan over Geisinger or Jerman! I felt McFarland did very well when he played on the Oline. I wonder if his dismissal has more to do with attitude, or something else???

I would rather Gibson over Smith easily, but Smith has been around and knows our offense better than Gibson does. But for potential, I would rather him...

Sape is on our team b'cse of his special teams play. April has a mix of large and fast people on the ST (along with Jason Peters) and that is hard for other teams to counter against. Usually you play your fastest, but when our fastest include big people like these guys, they are hard to block and hard to counter!!!

G. Host
09-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Dont you have better things to do over at the Stadiumwall nursing home?

I have been here since July 2002, bandwagon jumper and invited by several of the mods (Dozerdog & Lordofthegun among them). And I am assuming you are same moron JP-era who posts over there since you make the same moronic statements so looks like you belong to same "nursing home".