18 Undrafted players on this team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

18 Undrafted players on this team

The Bills currently have 18 players on their 53 man roster that were never drafted - 1/3rd of the roster. (34%)

UDFA developed by the Bills- Doronbos, Leonhard, Greer, Baker, Shaud Williams, Burns, Peters

UDFA from other teams - Lindell, Moorman, Posey, Stamer, Holcombe, Matthews, Anderson, Jerman, Wilson, Campbell, Neufeld
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: 18 Undrafted players on this team

And I think we'll see a number of UDFAs on our PS, some of whom will eventually make the active roster.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

and yet we dont want to can some of these guys for waived drafted guys. That I cant understand.

For example, Craphonso Thorpe was considered a 2-3rd rounder, doesnt that mean he has more potential than George Wilson?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by jp-era
        and yet we dont want to can some of these guys for waived drafted guys. That I cant understand.

For example, Craphonso Thorpe was considered a 2-3rd rounder, doesnt that mean he has more potential than George Wilson?
        Performance, production and attitude mean far more.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

No. Considered by sports writers and people who create draft ratings and such not NFL. This is NOT fantasy football.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Thanks again for wasting server space.

If I only had your phone number, you could guide me through life.

Comment

• That Guy
              • Apr 2004

You asked the question. He gave you his opinion. No reason to be a *****.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

You know better, his Fantasy Football crack is typical SW crap.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

What- you related to Craphonso or something?

Ben Wilkerson and Mike Munoz were also on a lot of draft guides as day 1 picks. They aren't even in the league.

I think it has to do with what they did on the practice field and in preseason games. Coaches and GMs' jobs depend on getting the best players on the field and winning. If Craphonso doesn't help toward that goal- then he's out flipping hamburgers for a paycheck.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    And I think we'll see a number of UDFAs on our PS, some of whom will eventually make the active roster.
                    I didn't even bother with the injured list or the practice squad. PS will be almost exclusively UDFA's. Pretty rare they have draft picks on them.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Agreed man, I dont know how the Bills look at these players, they may hate them for all I know. But on the surface, Thorpe can run a sub 4.3 40, played for Fla St. in many big games and definetely has talent. I trust TD and Co. dont get me wrong. I just hope we arent stubborn sometimes and stuck with the "stick with YOUR guys" mentality when other guys out there are better.

Frankly I dont care what they do, I just feel like upgrading backups is important too. Look at our o-line backups right now, its pretty scary to me. Im pretty sure we have NEVER had a season where all of our starting o-lineman stayed injury free. Chances are great that one of these backups will start at least one game.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Agreed man, I dont know how the Bills look at these players, they may hate them for all I know. But on the surface, Thorpe can run a sub 4.3 40, played for Fla St. in many big games and definetely has talent. I trust TD and Co. dont get me wrong. I just hope we arent stubborn sometimes and stuck with the "stick with YOUR guys" mentality when other guys out there are better.

Frankly I dont care what they do, I just feel like upgrading backups is important too. Look at our o-line backups right now, its pretty scary to me. Im pretty sure we have NEVER had a season where all of our starting o-lineman stayed injury free. Chances are great that one of these backups will start at least one game.
                        Looking at his track record with Peerless Price, Travis Henry, Drew Bledsoe, Jonas Jennings, Pat Williams, ect..ect...- I don't think TD is afraid to make changes.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

BTW, thats one hell of a cakehole on the dog. Is it yours? I have 2 dogs with docked tails and I must admit its tough to eat sometimes when your sitting on your couch and those big brown eyes are staring at you.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                            • May 2003

I am still wondering why Jabari Greer wasn't drafted.

Comment

Working...
                            X