PDA

View Full Version : Clayton's observations

Dicknoze69
09-04-2005, 11:23 AM
7. The reason the Bills kept Josh Reed as a fourth receiver over Drew Haddad is because they didn't want to gamble with inexperience during Roscoe Parrish's recovery from wrist surgery. Parrish is going to miss at least the first month of the season, but he has all the looks of being a great third receiver. The Eric Moulds-Lee Evans-Parrish trio was one of the scariest of the preseason. But Haddad lacks game experience. Reed has it. So Haddad had to go, and Reed was going to stay.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?name=clayton_john&CMP=ILC-INHEAD

STAMPY
09-04-2005, 11:34 AM
I can agree with that

OpIv37
09-04-2005, 11:39 AM
experienced stone hands vs young potential that can catch.... hmmmm....

G. Host
09-04-2005, 11:44 AM
Drew Haddad: Born: 08/15/1978
Josh Reed: Born: 05/01/1980

Young does not apply to this comparision.

Maybe Bills did a poll asking fans if Drew should make roster and most said "No" since many did not have a clue (same ones doing wave during opener when we were on offense) they were asking about Drew Bledsoe?

Dicknoze69
09-04-2005, 12:06 PM
I don't think either guy's age had anything to do with it.

It was Reed's game-experience that gave him an edge.

G. Host
09-04-2005, 12:31 PM
I don't think either guy's age had anything to do with it.

It was Reed's game-experience that gave him an edge.

I think it was Reed's ability to BLOCK - he has been labelled by some in organization as best blocking WR we have and Moulds is known as a good block WR. I am not sure what the deal with Haddad is or why they brought him into camp - he did as he said all that could be expected of him which is good and bad (bad being expections were not higher).

thebuffalobills4
09-04-2005, 01:22 PM
I can agree with that
me too.

Bufftp
09-04-2005, 01:28 PM
I think it was Reed's ability to BLOCK - he has been labelled by some in organization as best blocking WR we have and Moulds is known as a good block WR.
I think you nailed it right on the head!

camelcowboy
09-04-2005, 02:44 PM
IF they want to block bring in a tightend, a receiver should be able to catch if the ball hits him in the numbers.

Dozerdog
09-04-2005, 02:46 PM
IF they want to block bring in a tightend, a receiver should be able to catch if the ball hits him in the numbers.Nothing like tipping the other team what play you are running.

Just get rid of the QB's Helmet radio reciever and have the coach just use a bullhorn.

Typ0
09-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Nothing like tipping the other team what play you are running.

Just get rid of the QB's Helmet radio reciever and have the coach just use a bullhorn.

plus we are talking about downfield blocking in a lot of cases not at the LOS.

camelcowboy
09-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Nothing like tipping the other team what play you are running.

Yeah, does it really matter dozer? With Reed as are third receiver most Defences will know that Reed will only catch 5 out of 10 balls thrown to him. Besides its no secret wills is going to be the bread winner in this offense. 3.3 and a cloud of dust. As far as i am concerned Josh Reed is a glorified tightend.

camelcowboy
09-04-2005, 03:01 PM
plus we are talking about downfield blocking in a lot of cases not at the LOS.Maybe we could use some LOS blocking, instead of willis getting hit three yards in the backfield.

Dozerdog
09-04-2005, 03:05 PM
Let's see what this kid can do without Bledsoe.

Bledsoe was so slow in his progressions, he would rarely get to option 3 or 4 on his checkdown list before getting sacked, or just forcing a bad pass.

camelcowboy
09-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Well, im not calling the shots lol, he'll get his chance, but after i saw him drop one friday on the 2 minute drill, and saw him droped a touchdown pass, right in his hands off a flee flicker"indy i think". I don't think the qb change will do much.

BillsNick
09-04-2005, 04:24 PM
I would rather have Haddad. I mean really, how bad of a drop-off would there be? None, IMHO. I have given Reed a long time to impress me, and up to this point, he's a big disappointment. I thought for sure that Haddad had a roster spot. :shakeno:

Mr. Cynical
09-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Let's see what this kid can do without Bledsoe.

Bledsoe was so slow in his progressions, he would rarely get to option 3 or 4 on his checkdown list before getting sacked, or just forcing a bad pass.....and threw 90MPH, 10 yd touch passes
....and threw at WRs feet or behind them or over their heads, etc.

Agreed, I'm game to see what he can do with JP.

Night Train
09-04-2005, 06:10 PM
If dropping the ball in key situations = game experience, then Reed has more game experience than most WR's in the NFL.

jdenning
09-04-2005, 06:46 PM
Hey I got some good news on this situation in my madden season Josh Reed is second on the team with 65 receptions and 6 tds and its only week 11 maybe he can do that this season!!! hahahahaha yeah right we def should of kept haddad he was so much better this pre season

Typ0
09-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Maybe we could use some LOS blocking, instead of willis getting hit three yards in the backfield.

yeah and that's one more defender rushing in too!

superbills
09-04-2005, 11:53 PM
All of this talk about Reed vs. Haddad... why? What about Haddad vs Aiken, or Haddad vs. George Wilson, or Haddad vs. Joe Burns? He should be on the roster, plain and simple. Whether or mot he should be the third wideout is moot, IMO. He played well enough to at the very least make the team over some of the other clowns that we kept. Fast Freddie Smith? Please. Haddad got jobbed. So did we as fans. :blowup:

AndreReed83
09-05-2005, 02:57 AM
So we kept Reed instead of Haddad for the 4th spot. I'm perfectly fine with that. By what about the 5th and 6th spots? Certainly is Haddad was closely competing with the guy who got the 4th spot, he should have easily beaten out the guys who filled out the rest of the roster. I think there was more behind Haddad's cut then just Reed's game experience.

Tinboy
09-05-2005, 03:45 AM
It's a shame I though Haddad did a good job, let's judt hope that Reed has a good season.

justasportsfan
09-05-2005, 09:20 AM
IMO, Haddad was a no. 3 wr which is reserved for Parrish anyways. Aiken and Wilson are 6' wr's that will be groomed to back-up Parrish and hopefully be ready to step up once Moulds is ready to go. Reed is gone after this year.