PDA

View Full Version : Lessons from Buffalo:Williams' return to hands-on coaching has Redskins defense solid

G. Host
09-04-2005, 02:35 PM
``He was a great head coach, but I couldn't get my hands on him,'' said ex-Bills safety Pierson Prioleau, who joined the Redskins as a free agent this year. ``Having him in the meeting room with you, having him teaching you things on the field, having him teaching you 100 percent of the time on defense, I love that as a player.''

Williams says he has learned his lesson. He is at his best when he is hands-on, and he wasn't in Buffalo. Next time, he'll hire someone else to handle the offense so he can work one-on-one with his defensive players.

``I love coaching. As a head coach sometimes, you don't get a chance to do it as much,'' Williams said. ``But I won't do it that way the next time. I'll coach one side of the ball. No doubt about it.'' more (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-greggwilliams&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Someone else DID handle the offense - Kevin Gilbride - 2 of the years Gregg. You hand picked him. You got to say who was hired. Or did Gilbride just hang around while you coached offense?