X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osos
    • Feb 2005

Any signing rumos

Does anyone know any rumors regarding any new signing based on the new cuts around the league ?????
  • osos
    • Feb 2005

Re: Any signing rumos

come on, any news ?????

Comment

• mysticsoto
      Too sober for this...
      • Apr 2004

Re: Any signing rumors

I have to say I'm disappointed that other than Todd France (K), the Bills really haven't taken a look at or signed any one else from other teams. I thought they would jump at Anttaj Hawthorne given that they seemed to want him before the draft. I wouldn't mind picking him up into our PS and dropping Esposito.

Here are some others I would have considered and atleast taken a look at:

OT - Anthony Clement
      K - Aaron Elling
      OG - Gene Mruczkowski
      OT - Weslet Britt
      OT - Matt Morgan
      OT - Thomas Barnett

Thumbs up for the Dolphins who picked up Fred Gibson (6'4 and Evans type speed) for development into their PS...

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

The Bills signed players who have been in there system from day 1 of OTA's TC etc. can't say I blame them...

Comment

• ryjam282
          Offical Billszone Starting QB
          • Mar 2003

I have to agree with Mystico about Hawthorne, but I guess all the pot smoking has finally caught up with him.

But, I have to disagree with you about Fred Gibson, he surely isn't nearly as fast as Evans, but he sure is a tall one.

Ryan Withey
          Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• mysticsoto
            Too sober for this...
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ryjam282
            I have to agree with Mystico about Hawthorne, but I guess all the pot smoking has finally caught up with him.

But, I have to disagree with you about Fred Gibson, he surely isn't nearly as fast as Evans, but he sure is a tall one.
            I might have exaggerated a little bit. Gibson is a 4.4 40 runner. Still, with that height, and decent speed, he could develop really well if someone is patient enough...

Comment

• osos
              • Feb 2005

what about Johnson ????

Any news - TE Teyo Johnson, Oakland (experience: two seasons): A second-round choice in the 2003 draft, the former Stanford standout never quite developed into the player Raiders coaches thought might dominate the middle of the field. More a receiver than a blocker, he nonetheless had only 23 catches in 24 appearances over two seasons, and eventually fell into coach Norv Turner's doghouse. At 6-feet-6 and 260 pounds, though, and with the basketball-type skills teams covet at the position, he'll be intriguing to someone.

Comment

• ryjam282
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                I might have exaggerated a little bit. Gibson is a 4.4 40 runner. Still, with that height, and decent speed, he could develop really well if someone is patient enough...

I agree, he could be decent but in Miami he won't get much of a chance IMO with Chambers, Booker, and Boston. He could at best hope to be a #4 for them. We will see though.

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• mysticsoto
                  Too sober for this...
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by osos
                  what about Johnson ????

Any news - TE Teyo Johnson, Oakland (experience: two seasons): A second-round choice in the 2003 draft, the former Stanford standout never quite developed into the player Raiders coaches thought might dominate the middle of the field. More a receiver than a blocker, he nonetheless had only 23 catches in 24 appearances over two seasons, and eventually fell into coach Norv Turner's doghouse. At 6-feet-6 and 260 pounds, though, and with the basketball-type skills teams covet at the position, he'll be intriguing to someone.
                  With Teyo's poor blocking skills, he should try to lose some weight and become a WR instead. Then maybe teams will covet him more...

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ryjam282
                    I agree, he could be decent but in Miami he won't get much of a chance IMO with Chambers, Booker, and Boston. He could at best hope to be a #4 for them. We will see though.
                    This year, maybe. But being put on the PS usually means for further development. Next year, who knows what the situation will be in Miami. Any of the above 3 could get hurt, or could be used as trade bait if Gibson develops...

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                      • Sep 2004

I have to say I'm disappointed that other than Todd France (K), the Bills really haven't taken a look at or signed any one else from other teams. I thought they would jump at Anttaj Hawthorne given that they seemed to want him before the draft. I wouldn't mind picking him up into our PS and dropping Esposito.

OT - Anthony Clement
                      K - Aaron Elling
                      OG - Gene Mruczkowski
                      OT - Weslet Britt
                      OT - Matt Morgan
                      OT - Thomas Barnett

Thumbs up for the Dolphins who picked up Fred Gibson (6'4 and Evans type speed) for development into their PS...
                      K - Aaron Elling Is he really good??
                      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Nic82
                        • Jul 2005

OT - Anthony Clement
                        K - Aaron Elling
                        OG - Gene Mruczkowski
                        OT - Weslet Britt
                        OT - Matt Morgan
                        OT - Thomas Barnett

The Raiders signed Anttaj Hawthorne to Practice Squad on Sunday. Like I said in other post, we should consider Teyo Johnson and Steve Sciullo. Teyo would upgrade our TE position, which I feel is below average. Teyo has trouble blocking, but blocking can be taught and we are suppose to have one of the best coaches to teach blocking. Also, Steve can add depth to our O-line as long as he is healthy.

Comment

• ryjam282
                          • Mar 2003

This year, maybe. But being put on the PS usually means for further development. Next year, who knows what the situation will be in Miami. Any of the above 3 could get hurt, or could be used as trade bait if Gibson develops...

Good point, I agree 100%

Ryan Withey

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nic82
                            The Raiders signed Anttaj Hawthorne to Practice Squad on Sunday. Like I said in other post, we should consider Teyo Johnson and Steve Sciullo. Teyo would upgrade our TE position, which I feel is below average. Teyo has trouble blocking, but blocking can be taught and we are suppose to have one of the best coaches to teach blocking. Also, Steve can add depth to our O-line as long as he is healthy.
                            Mularkey wants a TE that can block now. If he wanted a strictly catching passing TE, Brad Cieszlak would be on the roster. This kid made some tremendous catches in TC and preseason and is much better than Neufeld in the catching dept. We're a run 1st team and have a rookie QB that teams are going to blitz against constantly whether we run or pass. Our TE's need to be able to block.

Comment

• Nic82
                              • Jul 2005

Mularkey wants a TE that can block now. If he wanted a strictly catching passing TE, Brad Cieszlak would be on the roster. This kid made some tremendous catches in TC and preseason and is much better than Neufeld in the catching dept. We're a run 1st team and have a rookie QB that teams are going to blitz against constantly whether we run or pass. Our TE's need to be able to block.
                              Next time you talk to Mularkey, can you tell him I said HI? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X