PDA

View Full Version : Any signing rumos

osos
09-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know any rumors regarding any new signing based on the new cuts around the league ?????

osos
09-05-2005, 12:04 PM
come on, any news ?????

mysticsoto
09-06-2005, 09:37 AM
I have to say I'm disappointed that other than Todd France (K), the Bills really haven't taken a look at or signed any one else from other teams. I thought they would jump at Anttaj Hawthorne given that they seemed to want him before the draft. I wouldn't mind picking him up into our PS and dropping Esposito.

Here are some others I would have considered and atleast taken a look at:

OT - Anthony Clement
K - Aaron Elling
OG - Gene Mruczkowski
OT - Weslet Britt
OT - Matt Morgan
OT - Thomas Barnett

Thumbs up for the Dolphins who picked up Fred Gibson (6'4 and Evans type speed) for development into their PS...

The Spaz
09-06-2005, 09:39 AM
The Bills signed players who have been in there system from day 1 of OTA's TC etc. can't say I blame them...

ryjam282
09-06-2005, 09:45 AM
I have to agree with Mystico about Hawthorne, but I guess all the pot smoking has finally caught up with him.

But, I have to disagree with you about Fred Gibson, he surely isn't nearly as fast as Evans, but he sure is a tall one.

mysticsoto
09-06-2005, 09:54 AM
I have to agree with Mystico about Hawthorne, but I guess all the pot smoking has finally caught up with him.

But, I have to disagree with you about Fred Gibson, he surely isn't nearly as fast as Evans, but he sure is a tall one.
I might have exaggerated a little bit. Gibson is a 4.4 40 runner. Still, with that height, and decent speed, he could develop really well if someone is patient enough...

osos
09-06-2005, 10:02 AM
what about Johnson ????

Any news - TE Teyo Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6399), Oakland (experience: two seasons): A second-round choice in the 2003 draft, the former Stanford standout never quite developed into the player Raiders coaches thought might dominate the middle of the field. More a receiver than a blocker, he nonetheless had only 23 catches in 24 appearances over two seasons, and eventually fell into coach Norv Turner's doghouse. At 6-feet-6 and 260 pounds, though, and with the basketball-type skills teams covet at the position, he'll be intriguing to someone.

ryjam282
09-06-2005, 10:23 AM
I might have exaggerated a little bit. Gibson is a 4.4 40 runner. Still, with that height, and decent speed, he could develop really well if someone is patient enough...

I agree, he could be decent but in Miami he won't get much of a chance IMO with Chambers, Booker, and Boston. He could at best hope to be a #4 for them. We will see though.

mysticsoto
09-06-2005, 10:49 AM
what about Johnson ????

Any news - TE Teyo Johnson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6399), Oakland (experience: two seasons): A second-round choice in the 2003 draft, the former Stanford standout never quite developed into the player Raiders coaches thought might dominate the middle of the field. More a receiver than a blocker, he nonetheless had only 23 catches in 24 appearances over two seasons, and eventually fell into coach Norv Turner's doghouse. At 6-feet-6 and 260 pounds, though, and with the basketball-type skills teams covet at the position, he'll be intriguing to someone.
With Teyo's poor blocking skills, he should try to lose some weight and become a WR instead. Then maybe teams will covet him more...

mysticsoto
09-06-2005, 10:50 AM
I agree, he could be decent but in Miami he won't get much of a chance IMO with Chambers, Booker, and Boston. He could at best hope to be a #4 for them. We will see though.
This year, maybe. But being put on the PS usually means for further development. Next year, who knows what the situation will be in Miami. Any of the above 3 could get hurt, or could be used as trade bait if Gibson develops...

The last buffalo fan
09-06-2005, 11:06 AM
I have to say I'm disappointed that other than Todd France (K), the Bills really haven't taken a look at or signed any one else from other teams. I thought they would jump at Anttaj Hawthorne given that they seemed to want him before the draft. I wouldn't mind picking him up into our PS and dropping Esposito.

OT - Anthony Clement
K - Aaron Elling
OG - Gene Mruczkowski
OT - Weslet Britt
OT - Matt Morgan
OT - Thomas Barnett

Thumbs up for the Dolphins who picked up Fred Gibson (6'4 and Evans type speed) for development into their PS...
K - Aaron Elling Is he really good??

Nic82
09-06-2005, 11:54 AM

OT - Anthony Clement
K - Aaron Elling
OG - Gene Mruczkowski
OT - Weslet Britt
OT - Matt Morgan
OT - Thomas Barnett

The Raiders signed Anttaj Hawthorne to Practice Squad on Sunday. Like I said in other post, we should consider Teyo Johnson and Steve Sciullo. Teyo would upgrade our TE position, which I feel is below average. Teyo has trouble blocking, but blocking can be taught and we are suppose to have one of the best coaches to teach blocking. Also, Steve can add depth to our O-line as long as he is healthy.

ryjam282
09-06-2005, 11:56 AM
This year, maybe. But being put on the PS usually means for further development. Next year, who knows what the situation will be in Miami. Any of the above 3 could get hurt, or could be used as trade bait if Gibson develops...

Good point, I agree 100%

mysticsoto
09-06-2005, 12:32 PM
The Raiders signed Anttaj Hawthorne to Practice Squad on Sunday. Like I said in other post, we should consider Teyo Johnson and Steve Sciullo. Teyo would upgrade our TE position, which I feel is below average. Teyo has trouble blocking, but blocking can be taught and we are suppose to have one of the best coaches to teach blocking. Also, Steve can add depth to our O-line as long as he is healthy.
Mularkey wants a TE that can block now. If he wanted a strictly catching passing TE, Brad Cieszlak would be on the roster. This kid made some tremendous catches in TC and preseason and is much better than Neufeld in the catching dept. We're a run 1st team and have a rookie QB that teams are going to blitz against constantly whether we run or pass. Our TE's need to be able to block.

Nic82
09-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Mularkey wants a TE that can block now. If he wanted a strictly catching passing TE, Brad Cieszlak would be on the roster. This kid made some tremendous catches in TC and preseason and is much better than Neufeld in the catching dept. We're a run 1st team and have a rookie QB that teams are going to blitz against constantly whether we run or pass. Our TE's need to be able to block.
Next time you talk to Mularkey, can you tell him I said HI? Thanks.

Nic82
09-06-2005, 12:45 PM
I haven't seen Kevin Everett play, is he a blocking TE?

HHURRICANE
09-06-2005, 01:15 PM
What happened to Gause????

mysticsoto
09-06-2005, 01:34 PM
Next time you talk to Mularkey, can you tell him I said HI? Thanks.
I'm extrapolating based on his comments and his choices of who he's kept. If you are not capable of doing that, then keep your sarcastic and pointless comments to yourself.

The last buffalo fan
09-06-2005, 01:41 PM
I haven't seen Kevin Everett play, is he a blocking TE?
People around the league/scouts and at the web said, he is good catching, but not really good blocking.

Nic82
09-06-2005, 01:49 PM
People around the league/scouts and at the web said, he is good catching, but not really good blocking.
Thanks.

Nic82
09-06-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm extrapolating based on his comments and his choices of who he's kept. If you are not capable of doing that, then keep your sarcastic and pointless comments to yourself.
I'm sorry I upset you. We currently only have two healthy TEs and if we just wanted TEs that can only block, why don't we just play three tackles at all times? And why did we draft Kevin Everett? We should have some good blocking TEs, but we also need a TE that can be a threat as a receiver.

mysticsoto
09-06-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry I upset you. We currently only have two healthy TEs and if we just wanted TEs that can only block, why don't we just play three tackles at all times? And why did we draft Kevin Everett? We should have some good blocking TEs, but we also need a TE that can be a threat as a receiver.
Sorry if I over-reacted. It just sounded needlessly sarcastic. I am not disagreeing with you, in fact, I wouldn't mind bringing in Teyo at all. But I do know that Brad Cieszlak was a great pass catching TE and we put him on the PS. That to me tells me that Mularkey wants blockers (or ideally ones that can do both). Everett may not be able to block yet, but I'm pretty sure that they'll make him work on that.

The other thing to consider is that we have to drop someone to put in Teyo...who? We have 7 WRs so logically, it would be one of them, but who do we drop to put Teyo in? Aiken played well the last game. Wilson has been catching everything left and right. Right now, I would say dump Jonathan Smith to keep Teyo and then when Parrish is back, we'll have to dump someone else - but we can cross that bridge when we get there. As I said, I'm not against it, I just think Teyo would be smart to lose some pounds and become a WR instead of a TE. He would probably help himself onto a team and also get paid better - WRs get paid much better than TE - which is why Matt Jones didn't want to be considered a TE!!!

Nic82
09-06-2005, 03:21 PM
Sorry if I over-reacted. It just sounded needlessly sarcastic. I am not disagreeing with you, in fact, I wouldn't mind bringing in Teyo at all. But I do know that Brad Cieszlak was a great pass catching TE and we put him on the PS. That to me tells me that Mularkey wants blockers (or ideally ones that can do both). Everett may not be able to block yet, but I'm pretty sure that they'll make him work on that.

The other thing to consider is that we have to drop someone to put in Teyo...who? We have 7 WRs so logically, it would be one of them, but who do we drop to put Teyo in? Aiken played well the last game. Wilson has been catching everything left and right. Right now, I would say dump Jonathan Smith to keep Teyo and then when Parrish is back, we'll have to dump someone else - but we can cross that bridge when we get there. As I said, I'm not against it, I just think Teyo would be smart to lose some pounds and become a WR instead of a TE. He would probably help himself onto a team and also get paid better - WRs get paid much better than TE - which is why Matt Jones didn't want to be considered a TE!!!
I agree with you that it would be advantageous for them to be WRs, but if they are able to learn to be decent blockers, they will have bigger roles as TEs. Currently Matt Jones is the 4th or 5th receiver on the Jags, while he could develop into the number one TE.

Bert102176
09-07-2005, 01:08 PM
before he was drafted I was reading an article in the sporting news that Kevin Everett was a well rounded TE :machgun: :redcar: