PDA

View Full Version : Who this preseason has......

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2005, 03:29 PM
I gotta tell you, back in July I was petrified at our LT dilemma. I have to say, Mike Gandy has impressed me a lot this preseason, and I believe he will be just fine there this year. IMO he looks like the best linemen we have right now. I dont know if thats a good or bad thing, but I believe he'll hold his own this year. Most dissapointing to me for the 3rd year running is.....Josh Reed. I just dont get this kid. He was on a different level in college, and has just never progressed into what people thought he would. I just dont get it. I keep waiting, believing we'll see what was so great about him, but has just never come around. Id let him go after this season unless he seriously turns it around this year....

G Wolly
09-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Drew Haddad. I was pretty pissed when I saw they cut him.

Speaker
09-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Impressed: Holcomb, Ritzmann :(
Disapointed: Anderson, Reed, Losman

Captain Obvious
09-05-2005, 05:41 PM
Impressed: Jabari Greer
Dissapointed: The OGs(Villarial,Anderson,Geisinger)

Dozerdog
09-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Impressed- the starting D. They were sick every time out there.

Gandy did fine
Leonhard :up:

Worried- Lindell- but I'm not going to over-react about him

OL depth

ParanoidAndroid
09-05-2005, 06:51 PM
I've been impressed with a lot of things this pre-season but the one thing that I'm not impressed with is a big drawback and a recurring theme.

First, I'm impressed with Gandy so far. He's held his own and hasn't allowed a DE to have a big day yet. I hope that is fortelling of the regular season.

I'm imressed with JP's escapability and his accuracy on the move. His pocket presence needs a lot of work, though. All in all, I think he is going to be just fine. He's not making the same mistakes over and over, he's learning from his mistakes and trying new approaches to different situations which will be good for him in the long run.

I'm impressed with McGee's improvements in pass coverage, and also the closing speed of Greer. McGee was good versus Roy Williams even though he gave up a ton of size. King has held his own and I think he could be a good nickel corner and even a decent #2 in a year or so. That said, I still think we should be looking for a guy who can match up with the bigger receivers that seem to be getting more common.

I'm impressed with the pass blocking ability of Lionel Gates. He gets it. I think that was a major reason he made the team and Lee didn't.

Now the bad news....
Once again we are not sustaining drives because we can't control the line of scrimmage as often as we need to. McGahee is going to have to average more than 2.9 yards/carry like he did this pre-season if the Bills are going to get to or above .500.
I don't think we've seen McGahee put up 100% effort yet this year. Let's hope he hits those holes harder beginning this coming Sunday.

FlyingDutchman
09-05-2005, 09:57 PM
I agree with Greer, and I also noticed Mcgees Improvement in pass coverage as well. I really think Mcgee has a shot to be a top CB in this league....

Marvelous
09-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Impressed: Jabari Greer
Dissapointed: The OGs(Villarial,Anderson,Geisinger)
I agree with this post... Anderson is a big dummy...

OpIv37
09-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Impressed- Greer, King
Disappointed: Losman, Mike Williams

The right side of the line was supposed to be steady but looked awful in preseason. Losman disappointed me because he made mistakes that I figured Wyche would have been able to correct.

disclaimer: I have the final game on TiVo but haven't had time to watch it yet.

ParanoidAndroid
09-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Impressed- Greer, King
Disappointed: Losman, Mike Williams

The right side of the line was supposed to be steady but looked awful in preseason. Losman disappointed me because he made mistakes that I figured Wyche would have been able to correct.

disclaimer: I have the final game on TiVo but haven't had time to watch it yet.
Don't bother. :down:

It was sloppy.

Tinboy
09-06-2005, 01:54 AM
I'm impressed by Haddad, Mike Gandy turned out to be a big surprise, our CB depth seems to be quite good

On the negative side I would say Mike Williams, Josh Reed and all the penalties.

BillsFanInMass
09-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Impressed = Greer Losman Mcgee Gandy
Not Impressed Lindell Penalties Reed

Night Train
09-06-2005, 05:54 AM
Impressed - Gandy,McGee,Greer,Lionel Gates,Holcomb,Peters.

DMBcrew36
09-06-2005, 07:44 AM
The Baltimore fans weren't lying when they told us that Bernie Anderson is penalty prone. I was not impressed. Hopefully it's out of his system now that it's regular season.

colin
09-06-2005, 08:21 AM
clements impressed me, not surprised but it is still nuts to see a corner do what he does.

our WRs disappointed me, altho i think we will be using some miss direction and quick routes during the regular season, so perhaps we just didn't want to show much

Billsman12
09-06-2005, 10:51 AM
What did everybody think about Shaud Williams and Lionel Gates?

FlyingDutchman
09-06-2005, 11:13 AM
What did everybody think about Shaud Williams and Lionel Gates?
IMO Shaud looks good and is capable of being the number 2. Gates showed me flashes of some talent, and I think he might end up being a steal. He is a very fluid runner, I like him. I think we made the right choice of gettin rid of Lee and just lettin Gates be the number 3.

The_Philster
09-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Impressed-Gandy, Gates, Greer, T-Mac, Haddad, Leonhard, the Jills
Not impressed-B Andersen

MACKgahee
09-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Is it just me or does Terrence McGee remind anyone as a harder hitting Atoine Winfield?

ublinkwescore
09-06-2005, 06:31 PM
I don't think I'd say too many people hit harder then Winfield pound for pound - in fact, I'd say no CB does.

with that said, Winfield is all but a distant memory for us now.

The_Philster
09-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Harder-hitting than Winfield? Pound-for-pound, Antoine was about the hardest hitter in the NFL when he was with us, IMO..but T-Mac is definitely impressing me with his hitting