PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it just Buffalo's luck?? Buff at NO

Ebenezer
09-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Since the league has moved the first Saints "home game" to NYC that means their first real "home game" against the Bills. Does anybody really want this scenario: JP Losman, Tulane product, goes back to LA (albeit in Baton Rouge) to play the NO Saints in the first "home game" since the aftermath of Katrina. The whole sports and probably news world will be watching...That just spell logical loss.

Michael82
09-05-2005, 04:26 PM
They won't be ready for the Saints at LSU yet in my opinion. They are filled up with shelters and evacuees. It will either be in Buffalo or in San Antonio, I bet.

Novacane
09-05-2005, 04:59 PM
I heard somewhere today that they are seriously looking at the Saints playing all thier games at the home stadium of the teams they are playing. I wish I could remember where I heard it . I'd look for a link

G. Host
09-05-2005, 05:02 PM
One of three options given to Saints was entire season of "away" games. Other two were Baton Rouge and San Antonio according to several sources.

Personally I think Saints should take all away games but then say they deserve to have the next home team for their opponents be at whatever stadium they have next year or whenever they next play the Saints. That means Falcons, Bucs and Panthers would play 2 games at Saints' home next year.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander, it maintains the balance.

Dozerdog
09-05-2005, 05:11 PM
I think the biggest problem facing the NFL is that they want every game to be played at an NFL stadium. There are a number of reasons- Medical facilities at these stadiums are state of the art. They want a place where they can X-ray a player and so on. Next is the heavy investment made in setting up the replay system. Allthough some college conferences are moving in that direction. Finally, they want to have a completely secure facility.

They can set up San Antionio for that eventually- but to have a travelling circus for each home game might be too much.

Ebenezer
09-05-2005, 05:18 PM
I think the biggest problem facing the NFL is that they want every game to be played at an NFL stadium. There are a number of reasons- Medical facilities at these stadiums are state of the art. They want a place where they can X-ray a player and so on. Next is the heavy investment made in setting up the replay system. Allthough some college conferences are moving in that direction. Finally, they want to have a completely secure facility.

They can set up San Antionio for that eventually- but to have a travelling circus for each home game might be too much.
playing in the city (SA) they (NO) may eventually move to might not look good

G. Host
09-05-2005, 05:25 PM
One problem with Saints away games being treated as "home" games for NFL is that many NFL stadiums are multi-use stadiums and the stadium may be unavailable due to another event like the Giants stadium which is occupied by Jets gamje day. NFL is probably looking at which stadiums are available if this scenerio is selected but it probably is their last choice.

The NFL will also lose revenue one way or another; stadiums probably will not be full and the suite fees have been paid. I wonder if any Giant fans with boxes will argue they have the right to use their seats during Saints @ Giants @ Saints game?

Dozerdog
09-05-2005, 05:31 PM
The NFL can easily get around the multiple use issue (like they did with the Giants) by moving the games to a Friday, Saturday, or Monday.

They can also fart around with the bye week.

The stadium boxes I can't beleive would be an issue. The boxes at the Ralph have been sold- the owners would use them. They- like the rest of us- would just have to buy another (additional) ticket.

im4bflo
09-05-2005, 05:53 PM
Doesn't it seem, the more Nationly televised we are, the chance of one of our more embarrassing games of that year happens, it sure seems that way to me here in CA.
And the poor Saints, no matter where they play this year, it'll be an away game(they won't have that stadium back in shape for a long time) and anywhere else, no matter how close, is away.
There's going to have to be a lot of juggling of schedules, but between whatever stadium they pick for home, and away games, it'll get done.
But what a nightmare to be a Saints fan.

Typ0
09-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Since the league has moved the first Saints "home game" to NYC that means their first real "home game" against the Bills. Does anybody really want this scenario: JP Losman, Tulane product, goes back to LA (albeit in Baton Rouge) to play the NO Saints in the first "home game" since the aftermath of Katrina. The whole sports and probably news world will be watching...That just spell logical loss.

I disagree...the kid is an NFL QB now...put the pressure on we can only benefit from it and it doesn't = a loss like you say.

Bill Brasky
09-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Doesn't it seem, the more Nationly televised we are, the chance of one of our more embarrassing games of that year happens, it sure seems that way to me here in CA.
Yeah, the Bills always get spanked in primetime, but look at the teams that the league schedules them to play.

They always play on the road against some of the best teams. Seems like every game at NE is a primetime game, at least the last couple years and again this year... 2 years ago we played the Chiefs at Arrowhead when they had the best offense in the league.

Keep in mind we haven't had the luxury of a home primetime game since we hosted Tenn. 5 years ago... and the last Monday night HOME game was in 1994, which is currently the longest streak in the NFL for teams w/ a home MNF game.

Road games are tough, they're even tougher in primetime.

ShapesBlue
09-05-2005, 07:48 PM
They won't be ready for the Saints at LSU yet in my opinion. They are filled up with shelters and evacuees. It will either be in Buffalo or in San Antonio, I bet.
New Orleans won't be playing in LA anytime soon, I couldn't agree more with your statement.

MarvLevy
09-05-2005, 10:54 PM
One of three options given to Saints was entire season of "away" games. Other two were Baton Rouge and San Antonio according to several sources.

Personally I think Saints should take all away games but then say they deserve to have the next home team for their opponents be at whatever stadium they have next year or whenever they next play the Saints. That means Falcons, Bucs and Panthers would play 2 games at Saints' home next year.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander, it maintains the balance.
DUMB COMMENT

Throne Logic
09-06-2005, 12:40 AM
Based on reports and the general trend right now, I'm expecting that Oct 2nd game to be in either Buffalo or San Antonio. Don't be too surprised if the Alamodome isn't available, however. It might find itself full of displaced people in a very short time. If you forced me to guess now, I'd say that Oct 2nd will become a home game for the Bills.

I wonder if they'll honor my tickets for the Superdome . . .

Demon
09-06-2005, 02:10 AM
It's definetly a sad time for the Gulf Coast and it will be definetly hard for all parties when the Saints are playing. I personally think, that Saints should play AWAY each game this season, maybe even move all their games if possible to a Night game, put them on National TV so Saints fan all over the nation can catch them, raise ticket prices and donate much of the money to the Red Cross.

eyedog
09-06-2005, 08:06 AM
San Antonio is where the Bills will be playing the Saints.

There are only a few teams that would get the luxury of an extra home game, Giants, Jets, or Pats.

They can't have the Saints play 16 games at all away sites. I believe SA will be their home site once they have a few weeks to get it set up.