PDA

View Full Version : Bills CB Clements misses practice; TE Euhus out for opener

The_Philster
09-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Cornerback Nate Clements did not practice Monday because of a shoulder injury and his status is uncertain for the Bills' regular-season opener Sunday against Houston.
Coach Mike Mularkey said the injury is not serious, but added Clements will be re-evaluated before determining whether he can practice Wednesday.
Clements was hurt when he and Troy Vincent tackled Lions' receiver Roy Williams at the Bills' 1 in the second quarter of Buffalo's final preseason game, a 21-7 loss to Detroit on Friday. Clements landed on his shoulder as he tumbled out of bounds. http://timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=395714

Marvelous
09-05-2005, 09:56 PM
This is bad news if he misses the opener. We need him to cover Andre Johnson. AJ had a great game when we lost to them... Euhus is no biggie but Clements is also a great run supporter and is good for atleast 2 tackles for losses...........

Nic82
09-05-2005, 10:45 PM
This is bad news if he misses the opener. We need him to cover Andre Johnson. AJ had a great game when we lost to them... Euhus is no biggie but Clements is also a great run supporter and is good for atleast 2 tackles for losses...........
Just Euhus being useless, but you're right we need Clements healthy to cover Andre Johnson.

Tinboy
09-06-2005, 01:55 AM
I'm not worried about Clements, but Euhus is starting to look more and more injury prone.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2005, 07:32 AM
Troy Vincent is starting to p... me off. Clements got hurt because Mr. Late hit Vincent decided to pile on. Is he a rookie? He did the same thing to Losman last year.:loser:

DMBcrew36
09-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Troy Vincent is starting to p... me off. Clements got hurt because Mr. Late hit Vincent decided to pile on. Is he a rookie? He did the same thing to Losman last year.:loser:
that was exacting how i was feeling when clements got hurt

Nic82
09-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Roy Williams would have scored if Vincent didn't help with play. Roy would have overpowered Nate with his size advantage and momentum.

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Roy Williams would have scored if Vincent didn't help with play. Roy would have overpowered Nate with his size advantage and momentum.
It was a ****** preseason game for crying out loud.

Nic82
09-06-2005, 12:13 PM
It was a ****** preseason game for crying out loud.
As a fan, it's easy to say that, but if you have ever competed, you know that you can't just let him score to avoid injury because it's pre-season.

The last buffalo fan
09-06-2005, 01:46 PM
No, I watched the game and Nate was "carting" Williams out of the field, and actually the support from Vincent was out of the field, when Nate had controled the play.

Nic82
09-06-2005, 02:10 PM
No, I watched the game and Nate was "carting" Williams out of the field, and actually the support from Vincent was out of the field, when Nate had controled the play.
I've only seen the play once and from my pointview it looked like Vincent helped keep Williams out of the endzone. But again, I only saw it once so you could be right.

camelcowboy
09-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Im not worried if nate cant go in the opener, thats why we kept five safties. Vincent could move back to corner, and baker, or Leonard could step in at free. I have a feeling Nate is going to miss some time.

Nic82
09-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Im not worried if nate cant go in the opener, thats why we kept five safties. Vincent could move back to corner, and baker, or Leonard could step in at free. I have a feeling Nate is going to miss some time.
Good point, but covering Andre Johnson will be tough. He is probably the best receiver we face all year.

MikeInRoch
09-08-2005, 09:50 AM
My brother just saw a report on Rnews (Rochester cable news channel) where Nate was asked if he was going to play this week, and he responded "Most Definitely". :D

justasportsfan
09-08-2005, 09:57 AM
CB Nate Clements, who is officially listed as probable on the team's injury report, sounded confident that he'll be in the lineup Sunday when reporters questioned him about his injured shoulder.

"Everything is fine," said Clements. "There is nothing wrong with me. I'm good to go."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3360

osos
09-08-2005, 10:02 AM
I saw this in twobillsdrive

Rochester D&C reports: 'Clements suffered an undisclosed shoulder injury in the preseason finale against Detroit Friday and did not practice Monday or Wednesday. However, he is listed as probable on the official injury report, and as Clements said, forget probable: He's playing.

also I read that he want´s to play .... actually he is moved to play

also we have to consider that is the beginning of the season, all players want to play, they just want to hit somebody.

HE IS PLAYING !!!!!

munchies
09-08-2005, 01:27 PM
We need to get rid of this bum euhus! he is always hurt and has done nothing for this team but waste valuable roster space! what the heck is it with donahoe and all these injury prone tight ends :rage: