PDA

View Full Version : Reed looking to raise his level of play

The_Philster
09-06-2005, 05:11 AM
Josh Reed has selected a terrific wide receiver to pattern his game after: Pittsburgh's four-time Pro Bowl performer Hines Ward.

Now, if only the fourth-year Buffalo wideout can start playing like the Steelers' star, he might finally get his sagging career headed in the right direction. Bills coach Mike Mularkey has occasionally likened Reed's style and physicality to that of Ward's, who he coached when he was Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator prior to coming to Buffalo. http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050906/SPORTS03/509060307/1007/SPORTS

Jan Reimers
09-06-2005, 06:21 AM
I think he might be headed for a breakout season. I don't remember him having problems with his hands in college, so it must be a concentration thing which I hope he can overcome.

Pride
09-06-2005, 07:32 AM
I think he is afraid of getting hit... sissy

FlyingDutchman
09-06-2005, 07:53 AM
I think he might be headed for a breakout season. I don't remember him having problems with his hands in college, so it must be a concentration thing which I hope he can overcome.I think its 100% his concentration and confidence. You dont win the award as the countries best reciever and then forget how to catch a ball. Get this kid Tony Robbins!

Tatonka
09-06-2005, 08:00 AM
his hands were money in college.. everything he did in college was great. the guy had 1700 yards as a senior.. he was averaging like 150 yards and a td a game.

unfortunately that didnt or hasnt translated to the nfl.

i really thought after he played well in his rookie year that he was going to be at least a good wr..

G. Host
09-06-2005, 08:13 AM
I think he is afraid of getting hit... sissy

Not likely - you are mixing him up with Peerless Price - he used to be a RB and no running back fears to be hit.

Might as well merge this will Reed sucks thread. It will become it shortly.

Novacane
09-06-2005, 08:59 AM
I remember them writing similar stories last year. I'll believe it when I see it.

justasportsfan
09-06-2005, 09:03 AM
I think he might be headed for a breakout season. Same here.

ryjam282
09-06-2005, 09:32 AM
I sure hope some of you are right but he won't get much of a chance when Roscoe gets back. He will move to at least #4, depending on how he does as #3 for now, and I don't see us lining up with 4 WR's a whole lot so I think when Roscoe gets back, as long as he doesn't completely suck, then Reed will move to obscurity and be gone after the season is over.

Or he will get offered a very low contract to remain as our #4 guy for the future.