PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Elling

Kerr
09-06-2005, 10:31 AM
I don't know much about this guy except that he had a pretty good rookie season kicking for the vikings. He was in a kicking battle with Paul Edinger,but I think he got cut because he had a minor injury. I don't know what his track record is kicking in outside weather, but he might be worth a look since we're auditioning kickers.

Ickybaluky
09-06-2005, 10:34 AM
I don't know much about this guy except that he had a pretty good rookie season kicking for the vikings. He was in a kicking battle with Paul Edinger,but I think he got cut because he had a minor injury. I don't know what his track record is kicking in outside weather, but he might be worth a look since we're auditioning kickers.

He has not yet been released. The Vikings placed him on IR. It is likely just a procedural move while the team and player negotiate the value of his injury settlement. His injury was a strained calf, so it doesn't seem worthy of keeping him out for the season.

Once the Viking reach an injury settlement they will probably release him from I/R, and he will be able to look for another team.

The last buffalo fan
09-06-2005, 10:52 AM
He has not yet been released. The Vikings placed him on IR. It is likely just a procedural move while the team and player negotiate the value of his injury settlement. His injury was a strained calf, so it doesn't seem worthy of keeping him out for the season.

Once the Viking reach an injury settlement they will probably release him from I/R, and he will be able to look for another team.
Is he good NE39??

Ickybaluky
09-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Is he good NE39??

He was OK last year, kicking in a dome. If the Vikings were so thrilled with him, I can't imagine they would have brought in Edinger. He is a young guy, so he could improve, but I don't really see where he is an upgrade over Lindell.

For the grief Lindell gets, Buffalo isn't the easiest place to kick. There are better kickers in the NFL, but don't just make a change because you don't like the guy.

Tood France, who Buffalo worked out today, reportedly had a real strong preseason in Tampa. However, he is an untested player.

The last buffalo fan
09-06-2005, 01:49 PM
He was OK last year, kicking in a dome. If the Vikings were so thrilled with him, I can't imagine they would have brought in Edinger. He is a young guy, so he could improve, but I don't really see where he is an upgrade over Lindell.

For the grief Lindell gets, Buffalo isn't the easiest place to kick. There are better kickers in the NFL, but don't just make a change because you don't like the guy.

Tood France, who Buffalo worked out today, reportedly had a real strong preseason in Tampa. However, he is an untested player.
.................. and kicking at "regular" weather.

Thank you for your comment, I like your posting here NE39.

Nic82
09-06-2005, 02:23 PM

:goodpost: It seems Lindell is the best option at this time.

Gunzlingr
09-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Elling has been hit and miss at best, if he was 1/2 ass good, Edinger wouldn't have been called in. :idunno:

Bill Brasky
09-06-2005, 02:36 PM
He's like Mike Hollis... slightly better than Lindell, but not much of an upgrade.

STAMPY
09-06-2005, 02:44 PM
why can't we bring in christie. he looked good last year

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
He's like Mike Hollis... slightly better than Lindell, but not much of an upgrade.
No way.

Eiling sucks. He has the leg but no accuracy. The Vikes demoted him to the kickoff guy last year and brought back Morten Anderson to handle field goals. Now that Anderson is again retired, the Vikes demoted Eiling again by bringing in Edinger.

Lindell is a ton better than this guy.

osos
09-06-2005, 03:14 PM
why can't we bring in christie. he looked good last year
I agree, bring Christie in .......
he would be perfect for us
damn he was good

Kerr
09-06-2005, 05:33 PM

You sure? I couldn't have sworn I read somewhere he had been cut.

eee1776
09-06-2005, 05:37 PM
I dont know about a new kicker but the bills just signed a long snapper from Pittsburg...Paul Shuckk? Its on kffl.

Ickybaluky
09-06-2005, 07:44 PM
You sure? I couldn't have sworn I read somewhere he had been cut.

He was actually. He was Waived/Injured in the final cutdown. When a player is in that category, his rights revert back to the team that waived him if he clears waivers without another team putting in a claim for his rights. That happened with Elling.

At that point, the Vikings either had to reach an injury settlement with him and release him or place him on IR. They placed him on IR, but are still negotiating with him on an injury settlement. Once they reach a settlement with his agent they can release him from IR and he becomes a free agent.

It is just a procedural thing, but until they officially release him from IR he remains their property and can't work out for other teams.

Kerr
09-06-2005, 09:57 PM
He was actually. He was Waived/Injured in the final cutdown. When a player is in that category, his rights revert back to the team that waived him if he clears waivers without another team putting in a claim for his rights. That happened with Elling.

At that point, the Vikings either had to reach an injury settlement with him and release him or place him on IR. They placed him on IR, but are still negotiating with him on an injury settlement. Once they reach a settlement with his agent they can release him from IR and he becomes a free agent.

It is just a procedural thing, but until they officially release him from IR he remains their property and can't work out for other teams.

Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing it up. :up: