PDA

View Full Version : Will/Should the Saints ever play in NO again?

Ebenezer
09-06-2005, 12:23 PM
Serious question. There is a new report that the Superdome may have to be torn down because the roof is not repairable. Also, it was said that a few years ago NO and LA were coming up with a plan to invest $1Bil into new stuff to keep the Saints there (probably included a new stadium). If the dome has to come down, if the face of this calamity should the Saints just leave? Doesn't NO have other more pressing problems. I am not being cold hearted; if the Bills had to leave Buffalo because of something like this I would be devastated. But, I think this question is fair to be asked.

:feedback:

Jan Reimers
09-06-2005, 01:28 PM
An NFL team is good for local pride and the economy. The last thing that people in the New Orleans area need - on top of all their other setbacks - is to lose the Saints.

That being said, the owner has been threatening to move them, and this just might be the excuse he needs.

Bill Brasky
09-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Copycat thread :mad:

Typ0
09-06-2005, 03:19 PM
I have addressed this at lenght in another thread so I won't repeat all my thoughts. Jan, the threat to move the team was a move to get a new stadium built by the way.