• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

CNN reports...

New Orleans Superdome to be torn down.

Discuss.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: CNN reports...

i saw the inside of that place on oprah today.. it was awful.. they had to wear masks just to go in.. there was **** and piss everywhere.. there were still dead bodies inside and trash everywhere.. everything was destroyed on the inside, not to mention on the outside from the hurricane..

sad really.. i was welled up the whole show.. there was one guy that refused to leave because they wouldnt let him take his dog that he had had since he was 10.. he was 24 now.. the show producers saved his dog and him and got them out of there..

they were talking about how gangs were waiting in bathrooms and raping people when they came in.. then killing them.. that place must have been like being in hell for a week.

i dont blame them for tearing it down..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Is it the final nail in the Saints coffin? Will they ever return to New Orleans?
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

they're done.... they'll be in San Antonio or LA next year. Here's the most likely scenario- they "temporarily" move the games to San Antonio, but two years from now NO still doesn't have their **** together and there's no place for them to play, so they end up making a permanent home in SA.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
          Without me it's just Awe so
          • Jun 2004

Its sad I think after all this, they should remain in New Orleans give the people something to look foward too. But the reality is they were going to be gone anyways and it seems to me the superdome noe represents nothing positive. I think a clean slate is the way to go.
          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
          It was all
          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

The owner wanted a new stadium, anyway. Katrina just paved the way. I think from a civic pride standpoint, as well as the effect on the local economy, the Saints should find a way to build a new stadium and stay in New Orleans.

But if the owner wants it done strictly with public financing, that probably won't happen.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Here is a video of Tatonka was talking about

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

I actually have a different take. I think this ASSURES the Saints to stay in NO. Think about this, the US and parts of the WORLD have their hearts and wallets open to NO right now. Anyone doubt that they could raise the money to completely rebuild the stadium if need be? I really dont doubt it at all. I bet that the Saints play this year somewhere else and maybe part of next but that in a few months the money is there and they start tearing down and rebuilding the Superdome. They probably even make it into some sort of a memorial to the tragedy.

Now, if your the Saints and you now have a brand new dome, and a whole city and country full of fans who have a whole new reason to watch and care about the Saints, you up and leave? I just dont see that.

There is a whole new reason for the Saints to stay now, and the money to make it happen will pour in to the point where it will flood the officials wallets!

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  Here is a video of Tatonka was talking about

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows...20050906.jhtml

yeah.. it is down at the bottom of the page.. called "Hell on Earth".
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Kerr
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka

they were talking about how gangs were waiting in bathrooms and raping people when they came in.. then killing them.. that place must have been like being in hell for a week.

That's repulsive. Those gang bangers should rot in there when the building collapses.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jp-era
                      I actually have a different take. I think this ASSURES the Saints to stay in NO. Think about this, the US and parts of the WORLD have their hearts and wallets open to NO right now. Anyone doubt that they could raise the money to completely rebuild the stadium if need be? I really dont doubt it at all. I bet that the Saints play this year somewhere else and maybe part of next but that in a few months the money is there and they start tearing down and rebuilding the Superdome. They probably even make it into some sort of a memorial to the tragedy.

Now, if your the Saints and you now have a brand new dome, and a whole city and country full of fans who have a whole new reason to watch and care about the Saints, you up and leave? I just dont see that.

There is a whole new reason for the Saints to stay now, and the money to make it happen will pour in to the point where it will flood the officials wallets!
                      You have any idea how much money it would cost to build another stadium? You have any idea how long it would take until they would be able to start playing in a new stadium? too long. This is the final nail in the Saints coffin, IMO. They are gone.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                        • Sep 2003

Tourism and hosting major events is New Orleans' life blood. I would be shocked if they DON'T build a new stadium. Even if the Saints leave, New Orleans (assuming they can rebuild the city) will still host Super Bowls and Sugar Bowls. Those events mean big bucks to the area.

PTR
                        10 Commandments of the D
                        1. Never stop Rocking.
                        2. Legalize all drugs.
                        3. Quit your day job.
                        4. All Religion should be taxed.
                        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                        6. F**k her gently.
                        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                          Tourism and hosting major events is New Orleans' life blood. I would be shocked if they DON'T build a new stadium. Even if the Saints leave, New Orleans (assuming they can rebuild the city) will still host Super Bowls and Sugar Bowls. Those events mean big bucks to the area.

PTR
                          Right again, PTR.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

At least one major news source I heard, I thinki it was CBS, said some spokesperson denied it would be torn down and that it is structurally sound. It will be cleaned up and repaired. Stay tuned.

BTW, I think in any case the Saints are OUTTATHERE!
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              i saw the inside of that place on oprah today.. it was awful.. they had to wear masks just to go in.. there was **** and piss everywhere.. there were still dead bodies inside and trash everywhere.. everything was destroyed on the inside, not to mention on the outside from the hurricane..

sad really.. i was welled up the whole show.. there was one guy that refused to leave because they wouldnt let him take his dog that he had had since he was 10.. he was 24 now.. the show producers saved his dog and him and got them out of there..

Bush's fault.

Comment

Working...
                              X