PDA

View Full Version : Five-step process for a complete NFL preview

justasportsfan
09-07-2005, 07:34 AM
Five sleeper teams

4. Bills — Sporting a defense that isn't quite Baltimore's equal, but close enough, the situation is the same up in Buffalo, where the team's hopes ride on the right arm of second-year quarterback J.P. Losman. Like Boller, Losman's preseason hasn't exactly been up to snuff. His latest exhibition effort featured a two-interception, one-fumble meltdown that doesn't exactly promise great things for 2005. Nonetheless, like Boller (who has Jamal Lewis), Losman can rely on a strong running back (Willis McGahee) to help shoulder the load until the passing game comes around.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4842248

ryjam282
09-07-2005, 07:55 AM
And he also put the Ralph as one of the top 5 worst stadiums as well.....

Jan Reimers
09-07-2005, 08:05 AM
He ranks the Ralph one of the worst stadiums because it is outdoors but has artificial turf? What an idiot.

Pride
09-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey guys... stop being homers and realize... the Ralph is NOT that great! The stadium itself is very boring. It doesnt hold much characteristic... nor does it offer an exciting game experience.

I have preached this before... most teams and stadiums around the league have realized that football quickly becoming a multimedia event as opposed to the glory days where the product on the field was all that was important. People want flash, they want pizazz.. they want excitement!

I know the response I will get here... "Oh, we are from buffalo, we dont care about all of that crap"... guess what? You may not? But most others do. Take away your passion for the bills and look at the stadium from an outsiders POV. It is NOT a good stadium... its boring, outdated, and the "jumbotron" is tiny!

PromoTheRobot
09-07-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey guys... stop being homers and realize... the Ralph is NOT that great! The stadium itself is very boring. It doesnt hold much characteristic... nor does it offer an exciting game experience.

I have preached this before... most teams and stadiums around the league have realized that football quickly becoming a multimedia event as opposed to the glory days where the product on the field was all that was important. People want flash, they want pizazz.. they want excitement!

I'm not being a homer when I disagree with you. You're saying it's not a great stadium because it lacks bells and whistles. I say it's a good stadium because there are few bad seats, it's easy to get to and out of, they allow full tailgating (many of these new "deluxe" stadiums do not,) and it has plenty of crappers and beer vendors.

Honestly, what else do you need? A deck full of hot tubs? More luxury suites that you and I will never use? surround sound? All uneccessary distractions. The Ralph is a football stadium for football fans! All that other crap are for non-fans who have short attention spans.

PTR

jamze132
09-07-2005, 09:32 AM
Yeah, it is a small Jumbotron.

Jan Reimers
09-07-2005, 09:40 AM
I'm not being a homer when I disagree with you. You're saying it's not a great stadium because it lacks bells and whistles. I say it's a good stadium because there are few bad seats, it's easy to get to and out of, they allow full tailgating (many of these new "deluxe" stadiums do not,) and it has plenty of crappers and beer vendors.

Honestly, what else do you need? A deck full of hot tubs? More luxury suites that you and I will never use? surround sound? All uneccessary distractions. The Ralph is a football stadium for football fans! All that other crap are for non-fans who have short attention spans.

PTR
Man, I couldn't agree more. I think the Ralph is a great place to watch Bills' football, which is the only reason I go there. If you want shopping, go to a mall. If you want other forms of entertainment, go to Six Flags or Busch Gardens.

I hope the Ralph is the last stadium on earth where there are no arcades, shopping malls or interactive crap. I want to go there to drink beer and watch football.

DMBcrew36
09-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Honestly, what else do you need? A deck full of hot tubs?
:lmao: :bf1:

justasportsfan
09-07-2005, 10:03 AM
the stadium itself isn't that great. The atmosphere is one of the best however because of the passionate fans.

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-07-2005, 10:27 AM
"Like Boller, Losman's preseason hasn't exactly been up to snuff."

To me, this is kind of a loaded statement...sure, they both have had so-so preseasons. However, Boller has 27 NFL regular season games under his belt.
If Boller is not performing this preseason, we can start to assume he will probably be a BUST. JP, on the other hand, is essentially in his rookie season...disappointment in the preseason (I must admit, I have been neither disappointed or impressed) is par for the course.

Pride
09-07-2005, 10:30 AM
Notice I said
The stadium itself is very boring

I agree with there not being a bad seat... but more than that... it has NO bells and whistles. I am not taking anything away from the overall gameday experience.... our TailGates are legendary... but as for being IN the stadium itself... it leaves much to be desired.

PromoTheRobot
09-07-2005, 10:50 AM
"Like Boller, Losman's preseason hasn't exactly been up to snuff."

To me, this is kind of a loaded statement...sure, they both have had so-so preseasons. However, Boller has 27 NFL regular season games under his belt.
If Boller is not performing this preseason, we can start to assume he will probably be a BUST. JP, on the other hand, is essentially in his rookie season...disappointment in the preseason (I must admit, I have been neither disappointed or impressed) is par for the course.
To each his own, I guess. Frankly I could care less about a "multimedia experience." Call me old-fashioned.

PTR

The_Philster
09-07-2005, 03:27 PM
To each his own, I guess. Frankly I could care less about a "multimedia experience." Call me old-fashioned.PTRYou're not alone...though I will admit the jumbotron should be increased in size..it was the biggest in the US when it was put in...in 94..now it's one of the smallest. The sound system is getting old as well, IMO.

ddaryl
09-07-2005, 03:37 PM

I know the response I will get here... "Oh, we are from buffalo, we dont care about all of that crap"... guess what? You may not? But most others do. Take away your passion for the bills and look at the stadium from an outsiders POV. It is NOT a good stadium... its boring, outdated, and the "jumbotron" is tiny!
LOL

i've been to numerous stadiums and the Ralph is a pretty darn good stadium. it has great seating, plenty of room to get around. bathrooms convienently located, plenty of vendors, easy stadium access and relatively smooth exiting, and a parking lot scene 2nd to none.

I don;'t view the Ralph anywheres close to the bottom half of thr NFL.

Mike13
09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Five sleeper teams

4. Bills — Sporting a defense that isn't quite Baltimore's equal, but close enough, the situation is the same up in Buffalo, where the team's hopes ride on the right arm of second-year quarterback J.P. Losman. Like Boller, Losman's preseason hasn't exactly been up to snuff. His latest exhibition effort featured a two-interception, one-fumble meltdown that doesn't exactly promise great things for 2005. Nonetheless, like Boller (who has Jamal Lewis), Losman can rely on a strong running back (Willis McGahee) to help shoulder the load until the passing game comes around.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4842248
Yeah you guys might make it in as a wildcard.