PDA

View Full Version : Todd France

Kerr
09-07-2005, 09:53 AM
So the majority wants to axe Lindell and a few are in favor of keeping Lindell. Well, it doesn't sound like the coaching staff is all that satisfied with Lindell either if they're looking at other alternatives. Personally, i'd rather have someone else in there because Lindell makes me nervous everytime he's going for a fg. Anyway, This kicker, Todd France is surprisingly not as bad as he's made out to be. I was looking at the preseason stats when he was with Tampa Bay and he was perfect on all his kicks. His longest was a 49 yarder, but I don't know if he can kick any higher than that. He had a tight race with Matt Bryant, but TB decided to keep Bryant over France even though France beat him in terms of consistency. I did notice that Bryant had a stronger leg on kickoffs though. I really could care less if Lindell has a "big leg". I want our kicker to be more consistent. That's not too much to ask for.

obi wan
09-07-2005, 10:04 AM
but Lindell doesnt even have a "big leg" i dont know where that bs comes from. he never kicks it into the endzone and we know he isnt good from long range on fg attempts.

eyedog
09-07-2005, 10:05 AM
You wouldn't think so. It loooks like the season starts with Lindell though and as soon as he misses the first 30 yarder to cost us a game he had better be on the streets. I've had it with him myself.

casdhf
09-07-2005, 10:09 AM
He did make a 54-yarder here at RWS, right?

Michael82
09-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Todd France could equal Shayne Graham?

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Shouldn't he be Todd "Freedom"? :idunno:

Gunzlingr
09-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Shouldn't he be Todd "Freedom"? :idunno:

I tell you it is a marketer's dream! Get Fletcher on the field with him during pregame and everyone can chant "I see London, I see France....."

obi wan
09-07-2005, 10:23 AM
Todd France could equal Shayne Graham?
we could only hope so, look how good he is now.

Michael82
09-07-2005, 10:29 AM
That's what I'm thinking and hoping. :pray:

Kerr
09-07-2005, 10:31 AM

I don't know if it's because it was a change of team or because he just needed time. That's something the GW regime didn't do at all.

Michael82
09-07-2005, 10:31 AM
eh, maybe not. :ill:

Michael82
09-07-2005, 10:32 AM
This was his NFL Europe Stats. Doesn't sound much better than Rian Lindell and he may be out of juice by midseason too. :ill:

Player 1-19 20-29 30-39 40-49 50+ Total
France, T (TB) 0-0 5-5 9-13 8-11 2-5 24-34

Jan Reimers
09-07-2005, 10:40 AM
He did make a 54-yarder here at RWS, right?
And just missed another 54-yarder, which had enough leg. His XP miss, which his detractors seem to dwell on, was the result of a poor snap. His lifetime FG numbers are pretty good, and he has never missed an XP in the regular season.

Night Train
09-07-2005, 11:02 AM
I understand both sides but it's hard to give Lindell a strong vote of confidence. He's 4-12 from 40 and beyond the last 2 years and TD did have Todd France in for a look the other day. My feeling is that if Lindell blows a short or critical FG within the 1st 2 weeks, he'll cut himself. As Chris Brown of Bills Digest stated, he's not having a good week of practice since that 32 yard shank in the Lions game. The guy seems like a head case and isn't comfortable.

OpIv37
09-07-2005, 11:13 AM
one point about Lindell's kickoffs- Marv Levy said in his book that for kick coverage, the height of the ball was more important than the distance because that's what gave the coverage unit time to set up. From that standpoint, Lindell's fine, although it would be nice to have the option to kick a touchback in certain game situations.

Personally I'd like to see Lindell gone, but only if there's someone capable of replacing him. From what Kerr said, France could be just as good and a hell of a lot cheaper (money that could go towards extending Clements or Willis).

The last buffalo fan
09-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Is this guy, a good outdoors kicker, does anyone knows his record kicking outdoors?

capitolneal
09-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Kicker Rian Lindel had his highest scoring season last year, nailing 24 of 28 on field goals for 117 points (ninth best in the NFL). Lindel, however, was just two-of-five on kicks of more than 38 yards and had some gut-wrenching misses in both the season opener and the finale loss to Pittsburgh
This guy Blows nuff said

capitolneal
09-07-2005, 11:30 AM
viva la france

Mr. Miyagi
09-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Kicker Rian Lindel had his highest scoring season last year, nailing 24 of 28 on field goals for 117 points (ninth best in the NFL). Lindel, however, was just two-of-five on kicks of more than 38 yards and had some gut-wrenching misses in both the season opener and the finale loss to Pittsburgh

This guy Blows nuff said
How did you get "this guy blows" out of "ninth best" and "highest scoring season"? Is this another one of those "take away his best stats and his average sucks" kind of argument?

TigerJ
09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
but Lindell doesnt even have a "big leg" i dont know where that bs comes from. he never kicks it into the endzone and we know he isnt good from long range on fg attempts.
I didn't look in the last game, but in one game this preseason, Lindell was kicking off probably an average of 5 yards deeper than laast year and put more than one in the end zone.

BTW, I wouldn't mind seeing a new kicker.

Bert102176
09-07-2005, 12:43 PM
I have never nor ever wil like Lindell he makes me so nervous every time he steps on to the field I basically expect him to miss on ever shot so I'm not surprised when he misses just surprised at the few he actually makes

capitolneal
09-07-2005, 01:48 PM
How did you get "this guy blows" out of "ninth best" and "highest scoring season"? Is this another one of those "take away his best stats and his average sucks" kind of argument?
2 for 5 38 yards out come on we are on the 23 and have less than a 50%
chance of making the field goal I am very accurate in my statement this GUY BLOWS

eyedog
09-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Correction capitolneal 21 yd. line. When you stop to think of it like that it's hard to believe your talking about an NFL team.