PDA

View Full Version : Texans??

generalmills
09-07-2005, 12:08 PM
I was just thinking to myself that I am so worried about JP and the o-line that I have not even taken the time to check out what the Texans really have to offer. I've heard on some national media reports that they are suppose to be an above .500 team this year. That scares me as I think the entire WNY community is guilty of looking past them. What do you guys know about this Houston team? pro's/con's... how will the bills game plan for their corners??

Pride
09-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Noone looks past them... we are so focused on seeing our new "toy" JP that it wouldnt matter who we played... unless it was an AFCE team.

We have NO idea what type of team we are fielding... this happens every year on opening day... the most talk is about OUR team... not who we are playing, because... truth is, we have no idea what to expect from both their team as well as ours.

The King
09-07-2005, 12:12 PM
I like Houston they are a young team that gets stronger every year. They lost Sharper and Glenn in the off-season but Glenn was replaced with a quicker younger corner in Buchannon. Their Offense is solid, but stuffing the run is what Buffalo does best and double coverage on Andre Johnson should be sufficient enough for a win. Houston is getting there but they are not there yet. Buffalo is a better team as long as we dont beat ourselves.

Willis will be the player of the game with about 125 yards 2 TDs.

Patrick76777
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM
I was just thinking to myself that I am so worried about JP and the o-line that I have not even taken the time to check out what the Texans really have to offer. I've heard on some national media reports that they are suppose to be an above .500 team this year. That scares me as I think the entire WNY community is guilty of looking past them. What do you guys know about this Houston team? pro's/con's... how will the bills game plan for their corners??
I’ve spent some time talking with a few Texan fans. They’re pretty worried going into the season.

They love Andre Johnson and Dunta Robinson. That’s about it. Except for the die-hards who love everybody. Not much talk about D. Davis but as a fantasy owner we should all know how up and down this guy is.

I guess Carr has looked terrible including posting a 0.0 QB rating in their last PS game.

What bodes well for us is that their O-line has not been tight and looks weak. If we keep the pressure coming we should be able to get to Carr and force some TO’s.

On D, like I said they love Dunta Robinson and feel that he should be able to close off half the field. At the same time they think they’re susceptible at the other corner spot with Phillip Buchanon. Some think he can be beat while others see him as a risk taker who could be looking to jump the route. And I hear they’ll be starting a rookie at SS. If JP gets some time and can stay confident back there, we may be able to exploit something.

They’re also very big on ROLB Antwan Peek. They seem to think he could give Gandy fits. Other then that I hear that their LB’s are a new group and some feel that it’ll take time for them to mesh. I’m not too impressed with the crew.

D-Line is the strength of the defense. We’ll need to be Physical.

All in all, on O if we can handle the front 3 of Houston, McGahee should have no problem with the rest. JP will need time. But if he gets it, he may be able pick on Buchanon and the Rookie (that’s expecting a lot)

I think our D can dominate this team. I wouldn’t be shocked to see D. Davis beat a blitz or two and get off a couple of 15 to 30 yard runs but that’ll be about it. We’ll completely shut him down the rest of the time. And with our blitz schemes, I don’t see Carr having much time to do much. But I could see Andre Johnson having a couple big catches. After those 2, the Offensive talent is not too good.

don137
09-07-2005, 12:33 PM
After the beginning the Bills had last year. This team will not overlook anybody...

casdhf
09-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I'm not worried, I think JP has to muster 3 points and we'll win the game 3-0

Pride
09-07-2005, 12:52 PM
or have the d get a safety? lol

casdhf
09-07-2005, 12:56 PM
either way, I don't think the texans will score