PDA

View Full Version : McGahee's carries to be limited?

BillsFever21
09-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Yesterday on Cold Pizza they were talking about McGahee. They said the Bills are gonna limit his carries to keep him fresh due to injury concerns.

They said he will mostly play 1st and 2nd down and Malarkey told him if he needs to take a series off during the game they will also do that.

Hopefully he can stay healthy for the entire year. :pray:

It looks like we will also see a lot of Shaud Williams and/or Lionel Gates this year.

Nic82
09-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Yesterday on Cold Pizza they were talking about McGahee. They said the Bills are gonna limit his carries to keep him fresh due to injury concerns.

They said he will mostly play 1st and 2nd down and Malarkey told him if he needs to take a series off during the game they will also do that.

It looks like we will also see a lot of Shaud Williams and/or Lionel Gates this year.
What injury concerns? Who reported this?

Jan Reimers
09-07-2005, 03:04 PM
I wouldn't depend on Cold Pizza for Bills' "inside" information.

Pride
09-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Cold Pizza is a ****ty show... To me.. they are the on air equivalent to the Rumor Mill over at PFT.

But to address this news regardless of its originator... I don't have a problem with it. I dont want this coaching staff to use McGahee the way the Dolphins used Williams 2 years ago, where he broke the record for most carries in a season. I also feel they may want to have a better 3rd down back in there who can catch the ball.

Patrick76777
09-07-2005, 03:11 PM

What a crock. If that were the case then why would they give him 20-some carries in a preseason game?

justasportsfan
09-07-2005, 03:18 PM
that report is as accurate as this...

The NFL has reportedly suspended 16 more players for violation of its substance-abuse policy. The Associated Press reported that of the 16 names 12 are starters on their respective teams. While an official announcement is expected from NFL Commissioner, Paul Tagliabue at a formal press conference Tuesday morning, the respective coaches have already been notified. Players that are rumored to be on the suspension list are: Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper, Raiders WR Randy Moss, Chargers RB Ladainian Tomlinson, Dolphins rookie RB Ronnie Brown and WR David Boston, Browns RB William Green, Denver RBs Tatum Bell and Mike Anderson, Eagles DE Javon Kearse, Colts WR Reggie Wayne, Patriots DE Richard Seymore and Panthers DE Julius Peppers.

http://proquest.football.sportsline.com/news/1125979384

Novacane
09-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Don't put much stock into what blowhards woody paige and skip bayless have to say

Pride
09-07-2005, 03:19 PM

The NFL has reportedly suspended 16 more players for violation of its substance-abuse policy. The Associated Press reported that of the 16 names 12 are starters on their respective teams. While an official announcement is expected from NFL Commissioner, Paul Tagliabue at a formal press conference Tuesday morning, the respective coaches have already been notified. Players that are rumored to be on the suspension list are: Vikings QB Daunte Culpepper, Raiders WR Randy Moss, Chargers RB Ladainian Tomlinson, Dolphins rookie RB Ronnie Brown and WR David Boston, Browns RB William Green, Denver RBs Tatum Bell and Mike Anderson, Eagles DE Javon Kearse, Colts WR Reggie Wayne, Patriots DE Richard Seymore and Panthers DE Julius Peppers.

Whew! No Bills! :bf1:

lol

Jan Reimers
09-07-2005, 03:22 PM

One can only hope it's all true. :drool2:

Drive 4 Five
09-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Regradless of accuracy of this report, I think it would be a good idea for Shaud Williams to get a good share of carries, not only to keep McGahee fresh for the post season, but also because I think William's quickness will help the team to run the ball more efectively against the eight and nine man fronts we are going to be facing until Losman proves that he will make them pay.

Bill Brasky
09-07-2005, 03:39 PM
For the last time... will you people stop posting about whatever Cold Pizza says regarding the Bills?

I don't think they've ever reported one credible fact on this team.

Sportsuser101
09-07-2005, 03:46 PM

Need to spellcheck before you do a fake like that. LaDanian, Jevon and Seymour are the actual spellings.

BILL$ B@$HER
09-07-2005, 03:46 PM

that will definetly help with my fantasy league, thanks mary jane:laughter:

LtBillsFan66
09-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Cold Pizza sucks. It's unwatchable.

casdhf
09-07-2005, 04:02 PM
I've never turned it on :up:

LtBillsFan66
09-07-2005, 04:06 PM
I've never turned it on :up:
Lucky bastard.

Gunzlingr
09-07-2005, 04:09 PM
that will definetly help with my fantasy league, thanks mary jane:laughter:

That would be the cat's ass. I would totally dominate the FFL world!

BillsFever21
09-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I guess they were right about McGahee only playing 1st and 2nd down. Shaud Williams is our 3rd down back.

There are some situations on 3rd down out there that McGahee should be out there. Do you want Williams or McGahee taking that draw play on 3rd and 6 at the end of the game? Mularkey sucks.