PDA

View Full Version : Rate your teams offseason

Mike13
09-07-2005, 05:17 PM
B for the Fins, I wish that Saban had picked up more O lineman.

Crisis
09-07-2005, 05:19 PM
I'll grade it in 17 weeks.

casdhf
09-07-2005, 05:33 PM
not smack, but I think the Phins had an average offseason, the Bills were quite, the Jets did ok and the Pats did very well, IMO

JefftheBillsfan
09-08-2005, 12:00 AM
long term, i think it was a decent offseason for miami, but i dont expect to see any results with this year's squad. i like saban for example, but taylor playing DE in a 3-4?

id say the bills did well to keep most of their core together minus williams and jennings of course...but pretty much the same. 2 things with us, first, were we really that bad as we were early in the year, or were we really that good down the strethch. second, jp.

the jets adding ty law worries me, but they also lost fergusen in the middle who in my estimate was very under-rated. a healthy pennington might help, but we'll see. the jury's still out on the jets if you ask me.

the patriots? i liked all of their signings, but i think losing those 2 cordinators will hurt more than people think. for the first time, in some time, i think they're beatable.

my last point i want to make, is what makes the nfl so attractive to its fans. theres no way anyone knows. there will be a surpise team or 2, and itll be the last team that comes to mind. everyone's 0-0 right now, can't wait to kick it off!

texasphinsfan
09-08-2005, 12:15 AM
i think the Pats took a step backward if anything, by losing some of their star coordinators... the effects of that cannot be translated onto the field enough...

the Jets i think had the best offseason. They didn't lose any key players, and improved everywhere they were hurting. solidifying their secondary, adding a great kicker, finally getting an OC that fits their talents.... the Jets will be a force to contend with this year.

The Bills did alright. Lost two key players, trashed the vet QB in favor of the rookie - this is ultimately a necessary move, although i don't think ANY of us know how losman will actually do - everyone - and this includes fins fans - are watching anxiously to see how he does. that in and of itself is the biggest question mark for the bills right now - the entire season hinges on it. you guys were on the cusp of hitting the playoffs last year - so you have the team. will your QB step up?

the fins made HUGE upgrades, but it was mostly behind the scenes - front office, etc. Personnel wise we got rid of fiedler, but maybe downgraded the QB situation. upgraded OC and got a star RB, got ricky back (you guys remember ricky, right? ;) ) got Boston back... so our offense is upgraded. but we severly slashed our D and the D is probably going to be weak... mostly unproven players. like your qb situation, our defense will be a "wait-and-see" kinda thing.

thats my analysis, take it for what its worth.