PDA

View Full Version : What should be the Bills strategy on their opening drive?

Nic82
09-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Obviously the Texans will be game planning to stop our run game. Therefore I feel we need to catch them off guard to loosen their defense. To do so, we should go no-huddle on our opening drive with a 4 WR, 1 RB set. This will cause mismatches downfield because the Texans will be in a run-stopping package and the no-huddle style will make it difficult for the Texans to make substitutions. Even if the drive is unsuccessful the Bills will loosen the Texans defense, which will enable us to run effectively throughout the game. This strategy can not be used if the Texans receive the ball first and have a long successful drive because we risk putting the defense behind the 8-ball with a three and out, but with our tough Defense that scenario is highly unlikely. Therefore an opening drive going no-huddle with a 4 WR, 1 RB set seems like the best option to enable us to run effectively throughout the game. What do you guys think?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

munchies
09-08-2005, 04:56 PM
Obviously the Texans will be game planning to stop our run game. Therefore I feel we need to catch them off guard to loosen their defense. To do so, we should go no-huddle on our opening drive with a 4 WR, 1 RB set. This will cause mismatches downfield because the Texans will be in a run-stopping package and the no-huddle style will make it difficult for the Texans to make substitutions. Even if the drive is unsuccessful the Bills will loosen the Texans defense, which will enable us to run effectively throughout the game. This strategy can not be used if the Texans receive the ball first and have a long successful drive because we risk putting the defense behind the 8-ball with a three and out, but with our tough Defense that scenario is highly unlikely. Therefore an opening drive going no-huddle with a 4 WR, 1 RB set seems like the best option to enable us to run effectively throughout the game. What do you guys think?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
dont you know by now that tom clements and malarkey's offense is boring and predictable? i guarrantee you will see a mcgahee handoff for 1 or 2 yards. He won't get fancy because he's protecting losman from turnovers. So expect many exciting dink and dunk 5 yard passes. i'm sick of this crap, we should have brought in an aggressive play caller like charlie weis when he had the chance!:mad: :blowup:

Novacane
09-08-2005, 05:02 PM
dont you know by now that tom clements and malarkey's offense is boring and predictable?:

I don't know where you got that?

DMBcrew36
09-08-2005, 05:03 PM
dont you know by now that tom clements and malarkey's offense is boring and predictable? i guarrantee you will see a mcgahee handoff for 1 or 2 yards. He won't get fancy because he's protecting losman from turnovers. So expect many exciting dink and dunk 5 yard passes. i'm sick of this crap, we should have brought in an aggressive play caller like charlie weis when he had the chance!:mad: :blowup:I wish you would get banned.

munchies
09-08-2005, 05:05 PM
I wish you would get banned.this board bans you for speakin the truth? are the mods biased homers like you....guess i won't last long then
:wtf:

The last buffalo fan
09-08-2005, 05:46 PM
dont you know by now that tom clements and malarkey's offense is boring and predictable? i guarrantee you will see a mcgahee handoff for 1 or 2 yards. He won't get fancy because he's protecting losman from turnovers. So expect many exciting dink and dunk 5 yard passes. i'm sick of this crap, we should have brought in an aggressive play caller like charlie weis when he had the chance!:mad: :blowup:

You got too mucho problemo en su cabezou mi amigou!!! I'm not sure if you are a real die hard buffalo fan, and you also love Brady and the Pats people/system. If you know what are you talking about, you may know that the dink and dunk 5 yards passes are a brand/signal/distinctive of your beloved Weis. Geez get a life..............or better, get a team!!!!!

justasportsfan
09-08-2005, 06:01 PM
What should be the Bills strategy on their opening drive?

upper decker in the texans' gatorade. :tip:

alohabillsfan
09-08-2005, 07:27 PM
score a touchdown!

Typ0
09-08-2005, 07:34 PM
score a touchdown!

you took my answer...

Nic82
09-08-2005, 09:54 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on the game plan the Bills should use against the Texans on Sunday?

finsrclowns
09-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on the game plan the Bills should use against the Texans on Sunday?

I do but Mike Mularkey's secretary's had me on hold for the past week. :D:

Mahdi
09-08-2005, 11:58 PM
I think it should be play action on the first play to Lee or E-Mo. Then they will think twice about stacking the box.

The Spaz
09-09-2005, 12:03 AM

Umm did you even waych last year and how many trick plays we had and the one that really stood out against Seattle?!:loser:

im4bflo
09-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Execute!