PDA

View Full Version : New England crowd noise

mackey789
09-08-2005, 09:16 PM
I noticed this last year on TV, their stadium always sounds like one of the quietest ones in the league. Tonight so far during the game, even when they score, they are pretty quiet. For people that have actually been there...is it that quiet in person???

lordofgun
09-08-2005, 11:41 PM
Yeah...they're mega-spoiled too. Half the crowd was gone by the 4th quarter.

tampabay25690
09-08-2005, 11:55 PM
I noticed this last year on TV, their stadium always sounds like one of the quietest ones in the league. Tonight so far during the game, even when they score, they are pretty quiet. For people that have actually been there...is it that quiet in person???

Thats because all there fans have headphones on listening to the RED SOX game.......

But yea you are right it was quiet.....

Ickybaluky
09-09-2005, 06:02 AM
The crowd wasn't great, especially in the 2nd half.

However, you have to realize people were there early on and in the stadium early for all the pre-game festivities. That had a lot to do with them running out of gas and leaving in the 2nd half.

JD
09-09-2005, 07:29 AM
They are a boring bunch, for that reason they don't deserve to win a super bowl! :fit:

mysticsoto
09-09-2005, 07:43 AM
The crowd wasn't great, especially in the 2nd half.

However, you have to realize people were there early on and in the stadium early for all the pre-game festivities. That had a lot to do with them running out of gas and leaving in the 2nd half. That's a poor excuse. I remember when we had a night game a few years back and the opener was against the Titans and everybody was fired up at the game despite having been partying/tailgating since the morning/early afternoon ours. Yeah, we did have an extra little incentive that game, but still.

Being a Bills fan means you support them throughout - not until you get tired!

casdhf
09-09-2005, 07:46 AM
Did ozzy look like crap, or what?

JD
09-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Did ozzy look like crap, or what?
He's done more drugs then Bob Marley, Bill Clinton and Ricky Williams COMBINED!

I think anyone would look like complete garbage after that....

BillsPride12
09-09-2005, 08:24 AM
The funniest thing was towards the end of the game with the Raiders within the 5 yard line trying to get into the endzone, right before they went into play on tv they showed Pats fans either just sitting down, sleeping, and half the seats were empty. The fans in Buffalo woulda been on their feet going crazy cheering on their defense.(keep in mind, the Raiders WERE still in the game at that point technically)

Ickybaluky
09-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Put them down all you want, but the Pats have sold out every game since 1993. They have over 50,000 people on their season-ticket waiting list, and they paid $25 just for that.

Buffalo can't say that.

The facts is everyone was partying all day, and then were in the stands for hours before the game even started. It was a Thursday night game and people had to work the next day. Those are unusual circumstances.

bills_phan
09-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Put them down all you want, but the Pats have sold out every game since 1993. They have over 50,000 people on their season-ticket waiting list, and they paid $25 just for that.

Buffalo can't say that.

The facts is everyone was partying all day, and then were in the stands for hours before the game even started. It was a Thursday night game and people had to work the next day. Those are unusual circumstances.
Sure, a sellout in NE and a sellout in Buffalo are really comparable. :yap:

Fact is, that front-runner chowd crowd WAS weak and with 3 SBs in the past 4 years, 50,000 season tickets is nothing to brag about either.

Dozerdog
09-09-2005, 08:49 AM
If the game was in Buffalo in 1994, and the Bills were up 30-14 on a Thursday night game well past midnight- the Ralph would be just as empty.

Dozerdog
09-09-2005, 08:50 AM
If the game was in Buffalo in 1994, and the Bills were up 30-14 on a Thursday night game well past midnight- the Ralph would be just as empty.
I'll give them this- 65-70,000 at Gillette stadium, and another 35,000 sold out at Fenway at the same time.

bills_phan
09-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Well, we wouldn't have deserved another SB then either!

Novacane
09-09-2005, 08:54 AM

Buffalo can't say that.

And they have about 5 times the people in thier market area. Apples and oranges

Ickybaluky
09-09-2005, 10:54 AM
And they have about 5 times the people in thier market area. Apples and oranges

Not really. The fact is Foxboro is 30 miles from Boston.

Look, the crowd was dead in the 2nd half, but there were circumstances that made it different than a normal game. It was a Thursday night game at 9 o'clock that doesn't end until well after midnight. Everyone got into the stadium early and cheered through an extended pre-game program that included raising the championship banner. It was like sitting through 2 games.

Fans are fans for the most part (at least in the Northeast). Gillette doesn't really lend itself to being the loudest of stadiums because it is so open, but I think Pats fans have acquitted themselves well in the past. There have been games in the bitter cold and snow, and they are always there to cheer the Pats. There hasn't been an available seat for a game since 1993.

You can't really judge by that game last night.

Dicknoze69
09-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Not really. The fact is Foxboro is 30 miles from Boston.

Look, the crowd was dead in the 2nd half, but there were circumstances that made it different than a normal game. It was a Thursday night game at 9 o'clock that doesn't end until well after midnight. Everyone got into the stadium early and cheered through an extended pre-game program that included raising the championship banner. It was like sitting through 2 games.

Fans are fans for the most part (at least in the Northeast). Gillette doesn't really lend itself to being the loudest of stadiums because it is so open, but I think Pats fans have acquitted themselves well in the past. There have been games in the bitter cold and snow, and they are always there to cheer the Pats. There hasn't been an available seat for a game since 1993.

You can't really judge by that game last night.

Foxboro is kind of a haul from Boston, but comparing the market sizes of the Boston area and Buffalo area is ludicrous.

Fact is, the Pats will never be #1 in that area, and I think this is a good example of that.

Ickybaluky
09-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Foxboro is kind of a haul from Boston, but comparing the market sizes of the Boston area and Buffalo area is ludicrous.

Fact is, the Pats will never be #1 in that area, and I think this is a good example of that.

That is true, but the flipside to that is competition within the market. In a smaller city like Buffalo there is less to do, so the Bills become a bigger focus of the community (Green Bay is like that as well).

Uncle Jesse
09-09-2005, 02:32 PM
So what if their stadium is 30 miles from the city? Buffalo's stadium is pretty far from down town too, atleast 20 miles or so.

Crisis
09-09-2005, 02:36 PM
The Patriots are just a side-show to Sox fans.

mysticsoto
09-09-2005, 02:41 PM
So what if their stadium is 30 miles from the city? Buffalo's stadium is pretty far from down town too, atleast 20 miles or so.
Not to mention all the Rochester fans that live 70 miles away that come to every game (like me)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

casdhf
09-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Buffalo/Rochester doesn't come close to boston, but it was pretty late.

The Natrix
09-09-2005, 04:41 PM
I've been to a couple Bills at Pats games and the fans are friendly, but lame in the sense that they don't get more vocal when NE's D is on the field.

pats-were-right
09-09-2005, 05:21 PM
Is this what it's come down to? Picking on our "crowd noise"?

The Natrix
09-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Is this what it's come down to?

No. Just making an observation.

Slim
09-09-2005, 05:31 PM
there fans are the biggest dicks. One of the worst apposing team staduims ive ever been to.