PDA

View Full Version : two thoughts on the Pats/Raiders game...

OpIv37
09-09-2005, 12:03 AM
1. I hope that Oakland is as unprepared when we play them as they were tonight. Their offensive game plan was "Have Moss run down the field and throw the ball into that general area, even if he's triple covered." It took Kerry Collins 56 minutes and 54 seconds to realize "Hey, if there's 3 defenders on Moss, someone else might be open!"

Their defensive game plan seemed to be "Um, stop Corey Dillon". When everyone else was lighting them up, they switched it to "Don't worry about Dillon, just guard everyone else".

2. I hope Mularkey and Gray were taking notes, because after the lightning-strike first touchdown, Moss was pretty much a non-factor. The Pats were able to double and triple cover him while still pressuring Collins. It looks as if the loss of their assistants didn't set them back at all. *sigh....

Michael82
09-09-2005, 12:10 AM
they also had the help of the referees. I saw Moss getting held all damn day. It was ridiculous how much clutching and grabbing there was. ****ing Patriots! :mad:

camelcowboy
09-09-2005, 12:13 AM
The Raiders gave up on the run too quickly. Even with all those receivers, keep the ball out of Kerry Collin's hands, he always finds a way to choke. Bledsoe JR.

Nic82
09-09-2005, 12:20 AM
The Raiders gave up on the run too quickly. Even with all those receivers, keep the ball out of Kerry Collin's hands, he always finds a way to choke. Bledsoe JR.
Kerry is about 10 months younger than Drew. They could be brothers because they both have that choke gene.

Michael82
09-09-2005, 12:25 AM
I agree. That first drive was all LaMont Jordan. Then they seemed to give up on him when they fell behind and werent able to move the chains at all.

bledslow
09-09-2005, 01:01 AM
they also had the help of the referees. I saw Moss getting held all damn day. It was ridiculous how much clutching and grabbing there was. ****ing Patriots! :mad:

complete bs.in fact,i seen quite a few pushoffs by moss(and other raider receivers). and some hard clutching on raiders db's on pat receivers.

bledslow
09-09-2005, 01:04 AM
Kerry is about 10 months younger than Drew. They could be brothers because they both have that choke gene.

they do have the same choke gene because they are brothers. there father is jim kelly.

Nic82
09-09-2005, 01:11 AM
they do have the same choke gene because they are brothers. there father is jim kelly.
Funny, but Jim Kelly is a Hall of Famer and you are not.

frank74
09-09-2005, 01:15 AM
raiders definitely gave up on the run. they were trying to go long early in the third along with abandoning the run. didn't make much sense. norv was a victim of belichick's mystique.

LifetimeBillsFan
09-09-2005, 03:09 AM
raiders definitely gave up on the run. they were trying to go long early in the third along with abandoning the run. didn't make much sense. norv was a victim of belichick's mystique.
They gave up on the run WAY too soon! L.Jordan had something like 50 yards on 12 carries at halftime and finished with 18 carries for 70 yds.

Another problem with their offense is that they can't run a screen play to save their lives and K.Collins is not very good at throwing the ball to his RB on swing passes, either. Like Bledsoe, Collins puts too much on passes to the RB and seems to have a hard time picking out the right time to deliver the ball to his RB. While Oakland was botching two screens and at least a couple of passes to Jordan, the screen the NE ran to Dillon was a big play for their offense when they were having a hard time running the ball.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-09-2005, 05:05 AM
My thought is that the Patriots are still the team to beat. No matter what was thrown at them, they just came right back.

Typ0
09-09-2005, 05:10 AM
I agree. That first drive was all LaMont Jordan. Then they seemed to give up on him when they fell behind and werent able to move the chains at all.

they didn't give up on him...he couldn't handle the workload and was cramping up.

Mitchy moo
09-09-2005, 06:14 AM
I thought both teams looked rusty. It was the first game and NE played a little better. It was expected, simply.

jmb1099
09-09-2005, 06:55 AM
NE does what it always does and that is to hang around long enough to capitalize on mistakes. Brady did have all day to throw, but the run offense looked dismal. How long (if ever) I wonder before Brady misses Weiss calling the shots? Did you see the list of plays he has printed on his (and under) wristband? In a high pressure situation this may come back to haunt them. So here is how we are going to beat them...week before the game activate some scrub to play one set of downs on d. First pass play from NE he sacks Brady, no matter how late, take the penalty, take the ejection, but sack him. As they're both getting up off the ground he steals Brady's wrist band playbook and hides it on his person. When he heads back to the sideline he gives it to Jerry Gray who pretends he's ticked off, but then laughs his arse off the rest of the game watching Brady looking clueless.

obi wan
09-09-2005, 07:25 AM
Patriots didnt look as good as it was the Raiders looked bad. terrible non existant defense and 1 course offense. And who here thinks that this toungue kissing love affair of the media, madden, and the NFL with the Patsies is getting ri-frickin-diculous?

The last buffalo fan
09-09-2005, 09:50 AM
NE does what it always does and that is to hang around long enough to capitalize on mistakes. Brady did have all day to throw, but the run offense looked dismal. How long (if ever) I wonder before Brady misses Weiss calling the shots? Did you see the list of plays he has printed on his (and under) wristband? In a high pressure situation this may come back to haunt them. So here is how we are going to beat them...week before the game activate some scrub to play one set of downs on d. First pass play from NE he sacks Brady, no matter how late, take the penalty, take the ejection, but sack him. As they're both getting up off the ground he steals Brady's wrist band playbook and hides it on his person. When he heads back to the sideline he gives it to Jerry Gray who pretends he's ticked off, but then laughs his arse off the rest of the game watching Brady looking clueless.
You are the man!!!

finsrclowns
09-09-2005, 10:07 AM

...and then you woke up. :snicker:

DynaPaul
09-09-2005, 03:50 PM

I'd prefer it if he just crushed Mr. Metrosexual's trachea. Did you see that little blurb about how his daddy used to make him do 25 sit ups and the little thing where he was standing there talking? What a geek. A QB who is a geek. I was laughing my a$$ off.

Crisis
09-09-2005, 04:18 PM
The Raiders were rushing 3 all day and Brady had all the time in the world.