PDA

View Full Version : The Pats are VERY beatable!

X-Era
09-09-2005, 06:23 AM
The only thing I hate more than the constant "servicing" that the media does for the Pats, is that Opie lookin Peter Brady.

I have to hand it to the Pats, they give that clown Brady like 2 hours to throw. The ~guy gets to sit back there, watch a few soap operas, and then throw the ball.

Anyways, the Pats can and will be beat by us. Why? Because there secondary is terrible. When you have Lee, Moulds, Parrish back, McGahee coming out of the back field, and a scrambling Losman, you can expect us to move the ball.

As far as D goes, you wont see us play terrible D like the Raiders did when they play us. We will be pressuring him and he will start looking like I know he is, a VERY average QB. I hope they start preparing for us now, because we are gonna wipe that silly grin off Peter Brady's face. Whether its here or at Lady Schick stadium.

BTW, either Lamont Jordan is one hell of a RB (which I feel is true, I loved the guy at Maryland) or the Pats run D is average. McGahee is gonna get yards on them.

don137
09-09-2005, 06:53 AM
The Bills the past few years have stunk it up pretty bad at Gillette stadium and played them tough at RWS.
The Patriots OL is so solid when it comes to pass protection especially at home. Combine it with fast receivers and the execution of Brady and they have a solid passing game.
The defense of the Patriots looked like it took a step back this year but still are very solid.
In a nutshell I think the Bills will split with the Patriots this year.

justasportsfan
09-09-2005, 07:35 AM
they are but our D would have to play flawlessly. Even without Weis, they play like a well oiled machine. I hope JP was watching and saw how Brady can find an open player regardless of who it is. A 1st wr, or 4th.

Drew had his favorites and wouldn't just throw to anyone but them. So far in preseason, Jp was spreading the ball . I can only hope Reed and Aiken don't have the dropsies.

Novacane
09-09-2005, 08:24 AM
They do look beatable but we say that every year. They do just enough to win each game. They'll still go 12-4 and win the division.

Stewie
09-09-2005, 08:52 AM
I don't think we match up well against them when they spread the field. The only way we get consistent pressure is via the blitz. We can't do that against 4 and 5 wide sets without getting burned a lot.

finsrclowns
09-09-2005, 09:58 AM
NE has 3 levels they play at: well when they win easily, ok when they win comfortably, and not so well when they either win close or lose. They missed Bruschi some last night and gave up some big plays but once they went to the 4-3 Oakland never got a smell (34 yards in the 3rd quarter??). Other than the 1st drive for Oakland did anyone seriously think they were going to win that game? If so, Lucy is holding a football for you to kick. Brady had all day to throw and passed at will. No offense to JP but he's no Brady, at least not now. Their D gets terrific pressure when they need it and Oakland has a better OL than we do. Seymour is a beast and his pressure led to the key fumble by Collins and the pick by Wilfork that pretty much sealed the game. Our D gets occassional pressure. You can say what you want but NE still has the talent and coaching to win almost every week. They haven't lost at home in like 3 years. Call it 13-3. It is what it is. :sorry:

frank74
09-09-2005, 10:16 AM
NE has 3 levels they play at: well when they win easily, ok when they win comfortably, and not so well when they either win close or lose. They missed Bruschi some last night and gave up some big plays but once they went to the 4-3 Oakland never got a smell (34 yards in the 3rd quarter??). Other than the 1st drive for Oakland did anyone seriously think they were going to win that game? If so, Lucy is holding a football for you to kick. Brady had all day to throw and passed at will. No offense to JP but he's no Brady, at least not now. Their D gets terrific pressure when they need it and Oakland has a better OL than we do. Seymour is a beast and his pressure led to the key fumble by Collins and the pick by Wilfork that pretty much sealed the game. Our D gets occassional pressure. You can say what you want but NE still has the talent and coaching to win almost every week. They haven't lost at home in like 3 years. Call it 13-3. It is what it is. :sorry:
good post. the pats' offensive line is one of the best as far as protection for brady. one of the main reasons brady never gets flustered is due to the guys in front of him. solid. as far as the pats being very beatable....i didn't see that at all and they still dominate and capitalize on mistakes.

ddaryl
09-09-2005, 10:38 AM
I saw the same NE team that won 3 of the last 4 Sb's last night.

NE did exactly what they needed to do to win the game, and did so in a very efficient matter.

NE is still the team to beat in the NFL

Seventeen&0
09-09-2005, 11:03 AM
In order to beat the Patsies, you HAVE to put pressure on Brady. Last night the Raiders played a very basic defense and really didn't do much to make Brady uncomfortable. Sure they have a good line, but if you sit back and try to defend (instead of attacking) they'll beat you every time.
With that said, they are beatable. Their defense is not what it used to be. They are a lot softer up the middle and their safties are suspect. However, they won't beat themselves, which is why they are still the team to beat.

Turf
09-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Like it or not, Brady is like a surgeon out there. He's in his peak, he's still young, and he had all the success before he reached his prime. He may go down as one of the best QB's if not the best to play the game. Learn to deal with it, cause it isn't going to change soon.

justasportsfan
09-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Like it or not, Brady is like a surgeon out there. He's in his peak, he's still young, and he had all the success before he reached his prime. He may go down as one of the best QB's if not the best to play the game. Learn to deal with it, cause it isn't going to change soon.what ? You mean we got the wrong qb from NE the last 3 years? WTF?

TigerJ
09-09-2005, 11:25 AM
The Patriots often look beatable. They just don't get beaten very often. I think the keys to beating the Patriots are:

1. Get to Brady. It helps if you have great defensive linemen, and/or great DBs because if you rely too much on blitzing to pressure him, you're going to be hanging DBs out to dry. You'd better be able to rush four and make Brady nervous or cover receivers one on one and shut them down.

2. Out execute the Patriots. They don't make mistakes, and they take advantage of the mistakes you make, including penalties and turnovers, particularly when you are on offence. Too many teams stop their own drives versus the Patriots with holding calls, personal fouls and false starts. You're not going to overcome many of those against the Patriots.

3. Control Corey Dillon. He's not the fastest guy in the league, but he's got solid instincts and he's very strong. If the line makes a hole, he'll find it. The defensive line and linebackers not only need to be physical, but they need to play with a lot of discipline.

generalmills
09-09-2005, 11:37 AM
there is no way that the bills beat the pats at all this year. Ofcoarse I hope that i am wrong but come on people. this team has won the superbowl 3 of the last 4 years. I know that everyone starts with 0-0 record (although they are already 1-0 and probably at the top of the division to stay) We have nothing in our recent past that suggests success is just around the corner. JP looked nervous against the lions in a preseason, what will he do when 72,000 are hanging their hopes on him to beat the champs. I just write off the game in boston. we have no chance. it will be another big loss on national tv. Reality check people, they have owned us, until i see otherwise i would not call them beatable.

Bulldog
09-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I thought that NE looked OK last night. Their running game, or lack there of, has to be a concern. It's not like they were going against one of the premier run stuffing defenses in the NFL. And teams will be able to run the ball on them this season. Jordan was getting nice chunks of yardage early on, and the Raiders should have kept feeding him the ball until NE figured out how to stop it. Granted, I think Oakland has a pretty good line, but I think NE is going to miss the LB's they've lost more than people think.

camelcowboy
09-09-2005, 11:41 AM
Penalties killed the Raiders last night, and that is something the bills haven't been good with themselves. Bring on the pats, until we step up and beat them. We will never go anywhere in the afc. The Key is running the ball as you could see last night, when the raiders ran the ball they moved at will on the Patriots. They were so enamored at moss that they can't stop throwing. You need to Run the ball keep the clock moving, and keep brady on the bench.

finsrclowns
09-09-2005, 11:45 AM
The Patriots often look beatable. They just don't get beaten very often. I think the keys to beating the Patriots are:

1. Get to Brady. It helps if you have great defensive linemen, and/or great DBs because if you rely too much on blitzing to pressure him, you're going to be hanging DBs out to dry. You'd better be able to rush four and make Brady nervous or cover receivers one on one and shut them down.

Name one team that has done this. Pittsburgh did it in the regular season last year but NE was missing both starting tackles and Pitt still blitzed a lot. Carolina was supposed to have a great pass rush but they got zero sacks on Brady in the SB 2 years ago. Nice theory but...

2. Out execute the Patriots. They don't make mistakes, and they take advantage of the mistakes you make, including penalties and turnovers, particularly when you are on offence. Too many teams stop their own drives versus the Patriots with holding calls, personal fouls and false starts. You're not going to overcome many of those against the Patriots.

They have smart players and smart coaches which translates to better execution.

3. Control Corey Dillon. He's not the fastest guy in the league, but he's got solid instincts and he's very strong. If the line makes a hole, he'll find it. The defensive line and linebackers not only need to be physical, but they need to play with a lot of discipline.

He got like 5 yards last night. And...

Ickybaluky
09-09-2005, 12:42 PM
You can't blitz Brady because he will get rid of the ball quickly. You may get to him once or twice, but he is going to get to you just as often. In the first Pats-Buffalo game last year, the Bills were hurt by the Blitz. Buffalo didn't blitz as much in the second game, but they didn't play as well either.

The best way I've seen at defending Brady is to drop a bunch of guys into coverage and make him take the short stuff. Oakland did this last night, but they were hurt in the first half by some poor positioning and poor tackling. In the second half, they did a much better job of tackling guys on short plays. Tom will get impatient sometimes when teams are dropping a bunch of guys into coverage and forcing him to take underneath routes all day. He probably throws about half his interceptions in that situation when he gets frustrated and tries to force the ball downfield into the coverage.

Of course, teams have to stop the run to be effective in that style of defense.

colin
09-09-2005, 01:05 PM
the pats have never been fast on D, it didn't hurt them before becasue they made up for it elsewhere, but they are too slow now.

we can run fast attacking run plays off tackle at them, that is our stregth and that is their weakness.

we have the best friggin D and special teams in the NFL, if our boys get psyched up and our O doesn't give it away every damn drive we can take the ball away. we gut beat up before because of injuries and inexperience in our secondary. we would put them in third and long and screw it up. i say we don't screw it up this year and beat them in blo.

Patti120
09-09-2005, 01:11 PM
Pats are still the team to beat, period. They did nothing last night to make me feel otherwise. I HOPE we take one game from them but in all honesty I don't see us winning either game, especially the one in NE.

I hope I'm wrong though.

FlyingDutchman
09-09-2005, 01:20 PM
For those who think we'll have success against the Pats bc their secondary looks weak, well they seemed to do just fine against a passing attack which is better than ours. The Raiders just didnt add any flex to their game plan. The Pats began to just concentrate on taking away the deep ball, and the Raiders did nothing to get routes going underneath the safeties, or make use of screens. I think there was a real failure of coaching by Norv "I get fired every year" Turner.

bledslow
09-09-2005, 01:48 PM
The only thing I hate more than the constant "servicing" that the media does for the Pats, is that Opie lookin Peter Brady.

I have to hand it to the Pats, they give that clown Brady like 2 hours to throw. The ~guy gets to sit back there, watch a few soap operas, and then throw the ball.

Anyways, the Pats can and will be beat by us. Why? Because there secondary is terrible. When you have Lee, Moulds, Parrish back, McGahee coming out of the back field, and a scrambling Losman, you can expect us to move the ball.

As far as D goes, you wont see us play terrible D like the Raiders did when they play us. We will be pressuring him and he will start looking like I know he is, a VERY average QB. I hope they start preparing for us now, because we are gonna wipe that silly grin off Peter Brady's face. Whether its here or at Lady Schick stadium.

BTW, either Lamont Jordan is one hell of a RB (which I feel is true, I loved the guy at Maryland) or the Pats run D is average. McGahee is gonna get yards on them.

there is many times brady buys himself extra time in the pocket cause he moves around in it so well,whether its a side step or steppig up into the pocket to buy himself a extra second or 2. most of the time that is not needed becausehe scans the field so quickly and has oneof the quickest releases in the league.

and what did jordan do last night that was so incredible exactly??? he average UNDER 4 yards a carry. i repeat,he did not even average 4 yards a carry.

and the pats STRONG secondary made collins miss more then half his passes. he had 3 td's but the last one was in garbage time afer getting great field position from a block punt. and one was from a great catch by the greatest deep threat receiver in history after making a nice catch in tight coverage and showed great concentration after a bobble. making the qb miss more then half his passes and holding there best rb to under 4 yards a carry is pretty good to me.

Meathead
09-09-2005, 02:45 PM
The Pats certainly are good, but yet again they got more than the lion's share of breaks last night.

Three big events that are nothing but flat-out good fortune:

- Two, count 'em, TWO punts that hit hard on the two yard line and bounced BACKWARDS. Not only did they bounce backwards, but perfectly lobbed so they could be downed by rushing coverage men. The best punter in the history of the NFL could kick the ball a hundred times and not have that happen twice.

- Collins' interception lands right on top of a rushing lineman. The guy wasn't even looking when the ball landed directly between him and his blocker. His arms weren't even in a position to catch the ball, if it didn't land wedged between their two bodies it would have fallen right to the ground. As it was it rolled right into his gut, all he had to do was close his arms. Give them credit for getting the pressure, but 9.9 times out of 10 that ball hits the ground.

All three of those events were huge and easily could have gone the other way. The Raiders playing in a hole at their own two had them losing the field position battle twice in two possessions. And the gift interception changed the entire course of the game after that. They were the difference in the game, imo.

FlyingDutchman
09-09-2005, 02:49 PM
there is many times brady buys himself extra time in the pocket cause he moves around in it so well,whether its a side step or steppig up into the pocket to buy himself a extra second or 2. most of the time that is not needed becausehe scans the field so quickly and has oneof the quickest releases in the league.

and what did jordan do last night that was so incredible exactly??? he average UNDER 4 yards a carry. i repeat,he did not even average 4 yards a carry.

and the pats STRONG secondary made collins miss more then half his passes. he had 3 td's but the last one was in garbage time afer getting great field position from a block punt. and one was from a great catch by the greatest deep threat receiver in history after making a nice catch in tight coverage and showed great concentration after a bobble. making the qb miss more then half his passes and holding there best rb to under 4 yards a carry is pretty good to me.
Do you have any idea how tough it is for a running back to avg 4 yards a carry?

casdhf
09-09-2005, 02:50 PM
what's the 3rd event?

frank74
09-09-2005, 03:28 PM
For those who think we'll have success against the Pats bc their secondary looks weak, well they seemed to do just fine against a passing attack which is better than ours. The Raiders just didnt add any flex to their game plan. The Pats began to just concentrate on taking away the deep ball, and the Raiders did nothing to get routes going underneath the safeties, or make use of screens. I think there was a real failure of coaching by Norv "I get fired every year" Turner.
good point about norv. as soon as he started throwing long balls to randy, bellichick blitzed collins and the rest was history. norv was outcoached. he never adjusted and gave up on the run too early.

vicmantak
09-10-2005, 04:52 AM
The only way I can see the Bills over the Pats this season is adding a playmaker at TE... maybe via London Fletcher...

Nowadays, TEs are making the difference and it's still hard to digest that Mularkey didn't upgraded this spot from the beginning...

On the other hand I said via London Fletcher because he always struggles against Dillon and Bills arguably have one of the best LB depth and LB coaching staff in the league.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Of course anyone can be beat, but in order to beat the Patriots you have to:

1. Catch them on an off day, like the 31-0 game. Then again how much did Milloy help on that day.

2. Play a near perfect game.

DynaPaul
09-10-2005, 10:12 AM
Of course anyone can be beat, but in order to beat the Patriots you have to:

1. Catch them on an off day, like the 31-0 game. Then again how much did Milloy help on that day.

2. Play a near perfect game.

No, you just need Bilbo Kraft as your owner who likes to grease the right palms.

fushetti
09-10-2005, 11:32 PM
I don't care how "beatable" the Pats look. Two things are for certain. The Bills will get rolled in Gillette (God, why a night game?) and the Bills will lose to NE at the Ralph.

Our "stellar" defense (the one that can't stop anyone when needed and dances after routine tackles) can't get a pass rush on Brady and can't stop Dillon.

I've conceded that the Pats dynasty continues in 05 and, considering the age of the talent and the willingness of players to accept lesser money to stay, the rest of the decade for that matter. Their entire franchise operates on a different level than the rest of the National Football League.

BillsOwnAll
09-10-2005, 11:58 PM
there is no way that the bills beat the pats at all this year. Ofcoarse I hope that i am wrong but come on people. this team has won the superbowl 3 of the last 4 years. I know that everyone starts with 0-0 record (although they are already 1-0 and probably at the top of the division to stay) We have nothing in our recent past that suggests success is just around the corner. JP looked nervous against the lions in a preseason, what will he do when 72,000 are hanging their hopes on him to beat the champs. I just write off the game in boston. we have no chance. it will be another big loss on national tv. Reality check people, they have owned us, until i see otherwise i would not call them beatable.
Words of a true die hard fan right there..... :rant: :stupid:

BillsOwnAll
09-11-2005, 12:00 AM
The only way I can see the Bills over the Pats this season is adding a playmaker at TE... .

Nowadays, TEs are making the difference and it's still hard to digest that Mularkey didn't upgraded this spot from the beginning...

Dide we draft evrett he just got hurt.....MM is trying he cant help injuries and we dont have big money to spend on a "playmakeing machine"

vicmantak
09-11-2005, 03:28 AM
Dide we draft evrett he just got hurt.....MM is trying he cant help injuries and we dont have big money to spend on a "playmakeing machine"BillsOwn,

I really wonder if Everett is the difference-maker TE who will open the field and will avoid 50% of the blitzes. Some scouts said that he drops passes because he could be easily intimidated by any coming LB and as many other TEs in this '05 draft --- he needs a lot of work to improve his blocking skills.

On the other hand, Bills are going to face a poor LB corps (Texans) and it would have been a great opportunity to start the Everett era... I hope Bills will give this shining opportunity to Euhus.