• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

On this Date in Bills History...

1967- In one of the greatest comebacks of the franchise, the Bills, who were down 17-0, came back to score 20 fourth quarter points, to defeat the New York Jets 20-17 in the season opener at War Memorial Stadium.

1973- Earl Edwards was acquired from the 49ers, in a trade for running back Randy Jackson.

1976- After vowing never to come back to Buffalo, OJ signs a three year deal worth 2.5 million, making him the highest paid football player in the NFL.

1985- Bruce Mathison was brought in for a workout, and was signed as a backup to Vince Ferragamo. Joe Dufek was immediately waived.

1989- Jim Kelly calls his own number, drops back to pass, and runs straight up the gut for a touchdown, as the Bills rally from an eleven point deficit with three minutes to go, to defeat the fish 27-24 at Joe Robbie Stadium.

1995- The Bills overcome a 9-0 deficit to defeat the expansion Carolina Panthers, 31-9.

2000- Rob Johnson throws for 259 yards and three touchdowns, as the Bills defeat the Pack, 27-18 at the Ralph.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Aero II
    RWS Grounds Keeper. Why won't my grass grow?
    • Jul 2002

Re: On this Date in Bills History...

September 10th is an AWESOME Day.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by Billsology

1989- Jim Kelly calls his own number, drops back to pass, and runs straight up the gut for a touchdown, as the Bills rally from an eleven point deficit with three minutes to go, to defeat the fish 27-24 at Joe Robbie Stadium.

I was on guard duty overlooking the Panama Canal listening to the game on my radio. I was locked and loaded baby

Comment

• pintonick96
        You guys are all nerds. Just give me team updates and STFU.
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Billsology
        I always hear my dad telling me about this play. One of the greatest in Bills history IMHO.

Comment

• casdhf
          • Jul 2002

Tomorrow will be a great day too
          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
          X